The Official Cigar Thread
Apr 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #376 of 1,369
Got these today:
FuentaChateau-3.jpg

AF Chateau Sun Grown and a box of Chateau Maduro, plus a box of Griffins Fuerte robustos.

Smoked a RP Edge Maduro Missile today. Was pretty good overall.

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #377 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got these today:
FuentaChateau-3.jpg

AF Chateau Sun Grown and a box of Chateau Maduro, plus a box of Griffins Fuerte robustos.

Smoked a RP Edge Maduro Missile today. Was pretty good overall.

Tell me how the Chateaus smoke because I haven't found a single line outside the Short Story and Opus X that I've liked from AF. Didn't like the Flor Fina 858, really disliked the Curly Head or whatever it's called and was impartial to the Hemingway.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #378 of 1,369
^ And God of Fire? Which I find to be better than a Opus any day.

In my UPS arrival of the day I got my 5 Vegas Limitada 08. Double boxed, with styrofoam around the pakage, then box and bubble wrap galore in the big box. Cigars come in a 'box' that is actually a ceramic keepsake, consisting of a chamber lined with loose tabaco and the cigars, topped with a spanish cedars lid then topped with a custom fit 5 vegas ashtray lid. VERY impressive packaging for a $100 box of cigars. I might even smoke one right now, just because 25 cigars in the humidor defiles my divisible by two counting for the rest of the cigars in that humidor.
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #379 of 1,369
Last night I had a Nestor Miranda special reserve longsdale, which was amazing, followed shortly thereafter by a Padron 64 Maduro Corona. Also a delicious smoke, but the combo left me regretting the light meal I had finished hours before.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #380 of 1,369
Went looking through the extras humidor and picked up a Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva xtra viejo. What a stunning smoke. I burnt my fingers because I didn't want to put it out.
biggrin.gif
This must have been a gift from someone a long time ago because I went online to pick up a box and oh my are they expensive! And impossible to fine to boot.

This is a must have top tier smoke in my opinion.

Apr 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #381 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went looking through the extras humidor and picked up a Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva xtra viejo. What a stunning smoke. I burnt my fingers because I didn't want to put it out.
biggrin.gif
This must have been a gift from someone a long time ago because I went online to pick up a box and oh my are they expensive! And impossible to fine to boot.

This is a must have top tier smoke in my opinion.

I read that most people do not want to put those down. I have some Anejos myself and can score some 50s at $10 each. I may just grab some more not having tried them before.

There is a guy at the madhouse that sells them often.

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #382 of 1,369
Anyone want to do a box split on some CCs? I am looking at Partagas SDN4 or Bolivar BFs. PM me if you are game.

EDIT: Cancel this, just bought some more Anejos so funds are tapped out.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #383 of 1,369
Been looking to buy a box of cigars for my birthday and I got these contenders today to try out:
bday_dn67.jpg

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #384 of 1,369
Cigar smoking iphone users: There is an app called Mobile Stogie that was made by a BOTL at the Asylum. It lets you keep track of your humidors and has a wish list and reference on it. The developer updates it well too by input from the forums.

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #385 of 1,369
I've been smoking Davidoff cigars lately. Last week I tried the Aniversario it was pretty damm good. Tomorrow I'll try to see if the local shop has any of the Puro Dominicanos. I'll post some photos.

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #386 of 1,369
Davidoffs are pretty good (Special series) but they are way overpriced IMO. I stick to Avo and Griffins as far as Kelner smokes go.

Please post pics though, always nice to see a well made cigar.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #387 of 1,369
Plan on having this tomorrow, I had a Rey del Mundo this afteroon, and it was nice. But a bit light for my tastes.. Looking forward to the H. Upmann ... maybe I'll work my way up to a Cohiba in a few weeks.

h_upmann.jpg

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #388 of 1,369
Bought a couple of Cuban cigars today. Rey Del Mundo, and H. Upmann. Had the Rey Del Mundo in the afternoon while my wife was shopping. It was a satisfying smoke, but a little light in flavor for my tastes. I'm going to have the H. Upmann tomorrow while walking near the lake.

h_upmann.jpg

Apr 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #389 of 1,369
This is just my luck. I bought three Nub Habanos, a Connecticut, and I have an Oliva Serie V Torpedo sitting in the humi, its the nicest weather we've had in Shippensburg for months, and I've got a damned headcold. Makes me wonder what kind of karmic violation I made in the winter months.

smily_headphones1.gif

btw Darkninja, all of those sticks you're auditioning would make a great box, my personal faves are the Serie V and the San Christobal.

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #390 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just my luck. I bought three Nub Habanos, a Connecticut, and I have an Oliva Serie V Torpedo sitting in the humi, its the nicest weather we've had in Shippensburg for months, and I've got a damned headcold. Makes me wonder what kind of karmic violation I made in the winter months.

smily_headphones1.gif

btw Darkninja, all of those sticks you're auditioning would make a great box, my personal faves are the Serie V and the San Christobal.

Cheers!

get well soon dude. I am smoking enough for all of us lately.

Oliva V double robo box split??
smily_headphones1.gif

PM me your address too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back