The Official Cigar Thread
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #331 of 1,369
Smoked a La Aurora 1495 Robusto last night. Only other La Aurora I have ever smoke was a 100 Anos. So the 1495 doesn't equal the 100 Anos, but how could it.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have to say though the 1495 has made me want to try other La Aurora's. It had a heavy pull when first lit that mellowed after a few puffs. The smoke was thick but very fine and enjoyable. Heavy robust flavor that at first was a bit overwelming that I quickly adjusted too (I am a robusta fan though so YMMV). Ash held together amazingly for at least 2 inches until it needed a tapping. Definitely will let them rest another couple months in the coolidor to see if the draw improves any.

Recommended smoke for any robusto fan.

Mar 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #332 of 1,369
Yeah I want to try a La Aurora. Have no had one since the boom.

My 3rd SCHIP order looks like this:
Avo Maduro robusto
Torano Virtuoso Encore
Alec Bradley Terra Nova
Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Chateau
and a Cigar Oasis XL (still debating this one as my beads are stabilized now)

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #333 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I want to try a La Aurora. Have no had one since the boom.

My 3rd SCHIP order looks like this:
Avo Maduro robusto
Torano Virtuoso Encore
Alec Bradley Terra Nova
Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Chateau
and a Cigar Oasis XL (still debating this one as my beads are stabilized now)

Do the Oasis. I have one in the coolidor and have no idea why I went without it for so long. Months of operation without needing a checkup. Best money you will ever buy. I would suggest an extra fan or two though.

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #334 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the Oasis. I have one in the coolidor and have no idea why I went without it for so long. Months of operation without needing a checkup. Best money you will ever buy. I would suggest an extra fan or two though.

Beads are stabilized so I holding off on a CO. Plus the cabinet is almost full so less air to humidify. Once I go with a larger cabinet they include the Set and Forget system.

I am going to be living in a box soon.
smily_headphones1.gif
Still holding off until next week to place final order.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #335 of 1,369
Quote:

I am going to be living in a box soon.

Well, If you do en up in a box just make sure it is lined with Spanish cedar and you should be all set.

Mar 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #336 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhubbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, If you do en up in a box just make sure it is lined with Spanish cedar and you should be all set.

Is there a federal cigar program for the homeless??
beyersmile.png

Mar 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #337 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a federal cigar program for the homeless??
beyersmile.png

LOL , there should be. Considering as of April 1st we will be smoking "for the children"

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #338 of 1,369
Quote:

LOL , there should be. Considering as of April 1st we will be smoking "for the children"

I canceled my health insurance because I was tired of paying for the insurance of the weak and unhealthy in this state. More money for cigars for me. The last time I was in a hospital was in 1974 and it was a fluke accident.

ordered these last night:
Avo Maduro robusto
Carlos Torano 1916 robusto
Carlos Torano Virtuoso robusto
Alec Bradley Terra Nova

plus a box of Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Consuls on the way.

Mar 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #339 of 1,369
Sadly no sales at the local cigar shop today. They didn't even know about SCHIP??? They did have a nice Lotus T3G on sale. A nice addition that makes lighting a cigar at home so easy.

Looks like I will take one last stroll of CI tomorrow to see if anything strikes my fancy. But I do have a good 2 year or so supply. DIE SCHIP!!

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #340 of 1,369
got my Bill Me Later statement and almost passed out.

I have 6 boxes total coming and still I am thinking of doing a split of Oliva MB 3 robustos at $99 a box.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #341 of 1,369
Haven't checked this thread in a while -- good to see people stocking up on cigars like food before Y2K "hit". :p

Found a very favorable candidate for a daily smoke. Perdomo Lot 23 is the name of the cigar and took a liking to it besides the rather bland and oversized wrapper especially for a 5x50 smoke. Excellent draw from a V-cut, plumes of smoke, pretty earthy with a tinge of creaminess to it and an overall joy to smoke even if it was on the lighter side. I'd go as far as to say that if I ever introduce someone to cigars I'd avoid Macanudo's altogether and introduce them to this beauty. It's also a hard to beat price at ~$5 a stick so I might be stocking up on a few before SCHIP hits.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #342 of 1,369
Smoked a Flor De Oliva, Nub Cameroon, and CAO Italia today, I think I should start cutting back, lol. Congrats to all who have the funds to stock up before SCHIP, you'll be set for years, lol.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #343 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Smoked a Flor De Oliva, Nub Cameroon, and CAO Italia today, I think I should start cutting back, lol. Congrats to all who have the funds to stock up before SCHIP, you'll be set for years, lol.

years?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am going through 2 boxes a month. I am going to hit Cbid hard to get stocked on some singles soon.

I liked the Nub Habano a little bit more than the Cameroon. Fun cigar to smoke. I need to get some CAO Brazilias once I clear some room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestradoImpulse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't checked this thread in a while -- good to see people stocking up on cigars like food before Y2K "hit". :p

Found a very favorable candidate for a daily smoke. Perdomo Lot 23 is the name of the cigar and took a liking to it besides the rather bland and oversized wrapper especially for a 5x50 smoke. Excellent draw from a V-cut, plumes of smoke, pretty earthy with a tinge of creaminess to it and an overall joy to smoke even if it was on the lighter side. I'd go as far as to say that if I ever introduce someone to cigars I'd avoid Macanudo's altogether and introduce them to this beauty. It's also a hard to beat price at ~$5 a stick so I might be stocking up on a few before SCHIP hits.

The Lot 23 maduro is even better. The natural was pretty earthy to me. Good draw, ash and burn from what my notes read. I am a Perdomo Hanano whore as far as their lines goes. Check out cheapercigars.com they have a box of robos for $62.99

Box split of those Oliva Master Blend 3 robustos in a few weeks anyone? They can be had for $100 a box and are exceptional sticks.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #344 of 1,369
I might split he Oliva MB 3 with you, but I might be getting some in a trade so ill see if i get the there first.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #345 of 1,369
Quote:

I might split he Oliva MB 3 with you, but I might be getting some in a trade so ill see if i get the there first.

cool. I need to pay some bills but I will let you know if i pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back