The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #6,094 of 10,994
"Noise-cancelling feature"!!

LOL

Under "Technical details" in the current amazon ad as of today.

My father in law asked me what noise-cancelling headphones to get and he saw the T1
and sure enough in Amazon's ad today this is a feature.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #6,095 of 10,994
  "Noise-cancelling feature"!!

LOL

Under "Technical details" in the current amazon ad as of today.

My father in law asked me what noise-cancelling headphones to get and he saw the T1
and sure enough in Amazon's ad today this is a feature.

Why not, leaking sound with drown out all other noise in the room. 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #6,096 of 10,994
nope.

the Forte 1A i have sounds fantastic, but i think the HE-6 has some things i don't completely like about it. it sounds better than out of the GSX MK2, but the HE-6 is still kinda bright at times, mostly its very neutral and also, the soundstage/imaging aren't as good as the T1. midrange and detail is great but sometimes could use some improvement.

Hey I just noticed you listed the Forte 1A in your signature and I had to give a shout out, not many people have these old fantastic amplifiers. I have been using a 6A (350W/channel) to power my Martin Logan's for years now and I love the warm "insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT)" sound! In case you were curious, most accounts have these amplifiers being designed by Michael Bladelius who was working with Primare last I heard. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. :wink:

Dec 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #6,097 of 10,994
Hi guys... i just want an opinion after searching alot on the similar threads in Headfi. 

I want to upgrade my grado sr225i next year and i of course think on RS1 for a natural upgrade. i hear mostly jazz, gypsy jazz, blues, classic rock, grunge, trip hop, ska and some classical music from soundtracks.

the thing is that i love the sound of the 225i but i heard that the rs1 just will sound better on the same aspets of the 225i. I know that the grado line is perfect for the music i hear except and a big except classical and big bands and sound horrible with those.

i know that the safe bet is to go with the RS1 but i will have the same issues that i currently have on my 225i so how the T1 handle my taste of music compared to the RS1 becuase im reading that the T1 handle really good the middle and has alot of details. 

Thanks guys i really need advice and also of course consediring the proper dac/amp i know they might be expensive but if i choose a expensive HP i have to spend on that too.

Dec 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #6,098 of 10,994
  Hi guys... i just want an opinion after searching alot on the similar threads in Headfi. 

I want to upgrade my grado sr225i next year and i of course think on RS1 for a natural upgrade. i hear mostly jazz, gypsy jazz, blues, classic rock, grunge, trip hop, ska and some classical music from soundtracks.

the thing is that i love the sound of the 225i but i heard that the rs1 just will sound better on the same aspets of the 225i. I know that the grado line is perfect for the music i hear except and a big except classical and big bands and sound horrible with those.

i know that the safe bet is to go with the RS1 but i will have the same issues that i currently have on my 225i so how the T1 handle my taste of music compared to the RS1 becuase im reading that the T1 handle really good the middle and has alot of details. 

Thanks guys i really need advice and also of course consediring the proper dac/amp i know they might be expensive but if i choose a expensive HP i have to spend on that too.

The T1s work quite well with about any genre, IMO.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #6,100 of 10,994
I solved my problem. by changing from media monkey to jriver. + 2 db makes all the difference

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #6,103 of 10,994
Apologies for not making things clearer. I felt I was missing a bit of volume with my T1 /A1 combo. I boosted this by 2 Db on Jriver and It made all the difference. What I really need to do is open up my Wadia 861 and check the output voltage dip switches. I currently have S/PDIF coming from my PC via a usb converter through a Dspeaker dual core ( on bypass for headphone use) into the DAC of the Wadia and out via RCA. to the A1. Only thing I am not sure of is whether the voltage switches in the Wadia increase the RCA output, or just the XLR side.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #6,104 of 10,994
The 8611 will output a hot signal of 4.4VRMS with all DIP switches in the open position.  That is, you have more than sufficient output available to drive any amp.

The switches attenuate the output of both single-ended and balanced outputs.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #6,105 of 10,994
Thanks for that, as you know, opening the Wadia is no easy task. Getting it off my shelf is no easy task. It takes up all the room. I have to lift up each corner to get the cones out. Then squeeze it out from the rack , turn it sideways, unsrcew   the pillars. Enough is enough, its not as easy as one would think. it goes up to 4.25v.  Anywoo  try Jriver its beats FOOBar hands down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back