The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #3,946 of 10,994
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, i thought about Mjolnir as well. But i am not confident of using balanced as it can be a hassle re cabling T1, as its not user removable cable. I could try mjolnir at local retailer but my T1 needs to be balanced first.
frown.gif
or could i simply use rca to xlr adaptor? If i m not wrong, schiit says using an adaptor for a non balanced cable can trigger the amp's internal protection?

Correct - that won't work.  So yes the only way to use the Mjolnir is to recable.  You can also look at it this way.  For around the 1K mark - you can get the MJ and do the re cable here:  http://btgaudio.wordpress.com/    with removable cables if you want.

the T1 is already cabled for balanced operations, you need ONLY to reterminate it, unsolder the 6.3mm (1/4 inch) and solder on a xlr plug, you DO NOT need to recable the T1 for balanced operations, and you can than easily use a xlr to se adapter

however if you want another cable, recable it, that's another story

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #3,947 of 10,994
Quote:

the T1 is already cabled for balanced operations, you need ONLY to reterminate it, unsolder the 6.3mm (1/4 inch) and solder on a xlr plug, you DO NOT need to recable the T1 for balanced operations, and you can than easily use a xlr to se adapter

however if you want another cable, recable it, that's another story

^ What this guy said. Just pull the 1/4" Jack and resolder on a 4 pin xlr. Done! 

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3,948 of 10,994
Quote:
My balanced 4 channel B22 and my T1s seems to be the perfect match.  1K  for a balanced B22 might not work.  However, other B22's are under 1K ie.. 2 and 3 channel builds.

For 1K and under.  How about the Mjonlir?  

My balanced CK2III sounds really good with the T1s as well.  It gives them the juice they need to perform. and it's well under the 1K mark.

At the $1K mark, I highly recommend the Woo Audio WA2 with the T1s. Simply fantastic pairing. Just another option.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,950 of 10,994
Any impression of T1 pairing with Burson Soloist? Thanks for everyone giving suggestions. I prefer to take the single ended route as the convenience and not needing to recable my other phones.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,951 of 10,994
Wow... I've just started using Asio drivers and the difference is pretty big...
I honestly wasn't expecting the T1 to pick up more depth and separation.
Although the wasapi and asio drivers are both bit perfect, the asio sounds more noticeable.
What have I been missing out for the past month using DS -.-

+1 for WA2.
Had it for about a month now and am pleased with it.

My budget was 1k too awhile back and had to decide between the wa2, wa6-se, wa7, csp2, Soloist and v200. There was an WA2 on sale and alot of positive feedback from Macedonianhero's older posts/reviews and a few others. I personally wanted the wa6-se/Soloist and favored the sleak look of the wa7. Yes the Soloist should be a good amp for the T1 from what I've read.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613800/burson-new-soloist-headphone-amp/480

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3,954 of 10,994
I have just started a thread in the High End section of the forum for all those who love Beyerdynamics Tesla Technology, I thought it would be great to embrace in one place all the Tesla models as i feel the technology is High end no matter which models we own! So hope on over and join in, lets show those high end Johhnies us Tesla fans have a rightful place in their high end club :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/660347/beyerdynamic-tesla-appreciation-society

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #3,955 of 10,994
Quote:

Correct - that won't work.  So yes the only way to use the Mjolnir is to recable.  You can also look at it this way.  For around the 1K mark - you can get the MJ and do the re cable here:  http://btgaudio.wordpress.com/    with removable cables if you want.

Wow I've never even heard of this recable service.  On the service it looks like just a blog, and it was hard to determine where he was located without more snooping around in the main website.  Thx for the link.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #3,956 of 10,994
Quote:
Wow I've never even heard of this recable service.  On the service it looks like just a blog, and it was hard to determine where he was located without more snooping around in the main website.  Thx for the link.

Because it is a blog, you need to go there http://www.btg-audio.com/index.htm

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #3,959 of 10,994
Quote:
Does T5p sound similar to T1 ?

I have both, and to me they sound similar (although I don't have them next to each other to listen closely to them)

I have demo'd about 12 pairs of headphones in the last 2 month trying to decide what I liked best.  I ended up with a T1 for work, and a T5p for home (I needed some isolation at home)

Both the t1 and T5p beat out any other headphone I compared them against...

I am waiting for a better amp to arrive (Woo Audio WA7) so I can really do some critical listening/comparisons between them. As of now, I am using a Aune T1.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either headphone.

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,960 of 10,994
Quote:
I have both, and to me they sound similar (although I don't have them next to each other to listen closely to them)

I have demo'd about 12 pairs of headphones in the last 2 month trying to decide what I liked best.  I ended up with a T1 for work, and a T5p for home (I needed some isolation at home)

Both the t1 and T5p beat out any other headphone I compared them against...

I am waiting for a better amp to arrive (Woo Audio WA7) so I can really do some critical listening/comparisons between them. As of now, I am using a Aune T1.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either headphone.

What was the other headphones that bit the dust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back