The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #2,537 of 10,994
No problem man. Glad your glorious T1 is working perfectly again!

Quote:
... and i was thinking of sending it back, I just applied a surgery for my T1 and you're not gonna believe it ,,, the rattling is gone completely .. i mean i'm stunned myself .. i just keep puffin the driver and hitting it then freeze it for some time << stupid and desperate efforts i know .. :wink:

here's some pictures in the middle of surgery

( i have to say the build quality from the inside is the same as the outside if not better )

i'm really thankful for Zombie_X for pushing me to do it.

some initial impressions :-

♦ Comparing the T1 to the d5k, it doesn't offer that much for the money.
♦ the odd thing about the T1 that it has much more details, sound stage, separation between instruments and treble but it's not harsh, i don't know how to say it, the treble is kinda rolled off but it's very detailed, the sound in general is very smooth and never sharp.
♦ some of the micro details in the movies it feels like it's coming for your brain. << i'm not exaggerating
♦ the T1 best the d5k in everything except for the bass, i mean the bass is perfect but it's not boomy and hard like the denons, the denon's bass is like subwoofers.
♦ What is so special about the T1 is the highs, it's silky and smooth and very detailed at the same time, you can hear so much in the highs, it's very tempting to turn the volume up all the time.
♦ as for the build quality of the T1 i think you could drop them off a skyscraper and throw them to the wall and they won't get even a scratch on them, believe the T1 has a very solid feel to it, you can say it's built to last for sure.

notice that i'm comparing them unamped ( directly from the laptop ), i really can't wait to see how the T1 perform with the M-stage.

May 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #2,538 of 10,994
Thanks for the internal pictures of the T1. It is very rare for someone to open up a new (premium) pair of headphones, and yes the T1 is truly built like a brick. Excellent build quality with its clean and minimalist look which made the HD800 looks like a toy IMO. Good to hear the highs of the T1 are silky smooth and yet possess good resolution and detail at the same time, a feat that is often difficult to achieve. Getting the right balance is the key, and I believe that is the reason why the T1s are good all-rounders for all genres of music.

May 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2,539 of 10,994
Quote:
Thanks for the internal pictures of the T1. It is very rare for someone to open up a new (premium) pair of headphones, and yes the T1 is truly built like a brick. Excellent build quality with its clean and minimalist look which made the HD800 looks like a toy IMO. Good to hear the highs of the T1 are silky smooth and yet possess good resolution and detail at the same time, a feat that is often difficult to achieve. Getting the right balance is the key, and I believe that is the reason why the T1s are good all-rounders for all genres of music.

+1

May 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #2,540 of 10,994
My T1s don't have any semblance of a scratch on them after 6 months, which I find miraculous. 

May 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,541 of 10,994
I'm pretty infatuated with the build quality of BeyerDs as well...first the 880s, now my T1s and DT1350s...all built exceedingly well, not to mention they sound great.

May 18, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2,544 of 10,994
Quote:
This setup kicks some serious ass. Really dynamic, musical and with a heck of a clean, powerful bass impact.

Leben CS300XS with Mullard EL84's (use it to power Elan 35 speakers normally) . Beyerdynamic T1 recabled to balanced with piccilino cable (cost me more than the headphones). Raysonic CD228 Tube CD player (early internal prototype with power switch on side).

I was just wondering if i could buy carbon fibre tips for these? When you pay a lot of money for cables you want them to look good!

May 19, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #2,546 of 10,994
Quote:
This setup kicks some serious ass. Really dynamic, musical and with a heck of a clean, powerful bass impact.

Leben CS300XS with Mullard EL84's (use it to power Elan 35 speakers normally) . Beyerdynamic T1 recabled to balanced with piccilino cable (cost me more than the headphones). Raysonic CD228 Tube CD player (early internal prototype with power switch on side).

Nice.

May 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #2,550 of 10,994
Quote:

Stock cable.

Chain is .FLAC > STX digital-out > FUN > Lyr > T1

It may just be the recording, as I also get sibilance on the D7K. The LCD2 doesn't exaggerate the sibilance but you can still hear it.

Sounds like you are quite sensitive to sibilance. I went through a bunch of radiohead with my T1s and didn't find anything offensive. With the LCD2s I have never come across any treble spikes as the highs are much less pronounced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back