The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 20, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #1,591 of 10,994

Quote:
mine is 4638 and i know Sharose has something like 54XX and he got his same place I bought mine. My old pai was 2165 and both my pairs have the same L on the left side but this pair has the new headband.

That's interesting! I got mine only few days ago after literally 2 years of research and auditioning. The only thing that could be improved on these is the headband and the earcup holder that goes inside the headband and seems to be quite fragile. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #1,593 of 10,994

Quote:
I've listened extensively to the Lyr/T1 combination with no issues whatsoever. Personally, I find the T1 to be a relatively demanding headphone -- moreso than the LCD-2, to be honest -- and think that a lot of the "bass light" comments I've seen about the Beyers are related to inadequate or inappropriate amping.

I haven't tried any of the other Schiit amps, so unfortunately I have no comparative judgement to offer. I do like the sound of the T1/Lyr combo, though... not as good as the WA2, but that's to be expected.

During the recent 6 day blackout we had in my area, I used this and found it was perfectly adequate relative to the base.  A Sans fuze for FM radio, coiled microphone cable acting as an antenna, and Portaphile V2 Maxxed, Senn. 1/8 to 1/4 adapter.  It was an excellent sounding rig with crisp treble and plenty of bass.

Quote:
I'm glad to see this thread alive. I've had my T1 for 17 months and they still sound awesome(that means I have no urge to upgrade/ find stuff to sell). I know there's better out there but this price was a stretch for me. 5 years ago, spending $300 for HD650 was hard to swallow.

I'm still using my 6 year-old WA3...even more amazing that this amp hasn't been replaced.

I still have my WA3 too, but my feeling about the T-1s is that the require a high resolution amp rather than an amp with more power.  My GS-1 does a much better job with the T-1s than my WA3 because it has more resolution.  The new technology has so much to offer resolution-wise it's a shame to strap it with a colored amp just because it may pump out more bass... more bass is not necessarily good clean bass and you're missing all the midrange and treble resolution. 

I don't use my M^3 or Woo3 for the T-1s any more because of this.

Quote:
Ah, so there IS a new headband? My friend was a bit worried because I mentioned the headband used to have a velvet ribbon-y part, and his didn't have it. I think it's the same headband as on the T5p now?

My first T-1 had a ribbon across the head band and my second T-1 has what appears to be a flat black microfiber band where the ribbon used to be.  The first headband hurt the top of my head and was unacceptable.  The new headband is perfect and I can wear it for hours with no discomfort.

I only wish the T-1 were as light as my 880s,

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,595 of 10,994

Quote:
I have a question about the Neutrik 6.3mm connector on my T1. It seems that it can be unscrewed. Is this normal and what purpose does this serve?

Yes it can be unscrewed...in order to access the wires for soldering once it's in place.

Nov 20, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,596 of 10,994

Quote:
Yes it can be unscrewed...in order to access the wires for soldering once it's in place.

Thank you! These T1s are an awesome pair of headphones. I came from Sennheiser HD650 and I must admit I was skeptical when I decided to take the plunge and go look for something better but I was amazed to hear the truly top of the line headphones. In the end I decided on the T1 because it seems to do more things better than the others and I really love the sparkling high end.

However, build quality leaves something to be desired. Like the yokes that go inside the headband - when you try to rotate the ear cups, sometimes it isn't easy to do so and also, extracting and retracting isn't always easy and sometimes it moves up or down a step when you're placing it or removing it from your head. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #1,597 of 10,994

Quote:

I've got the very first pair of T1s sold in Canada (Jan 2010)...serial number 11XX and they from DAY 1 have only had the "L" marked....they left the "R" for the user to figure out. 
tongue.gif

Is this a Beyer thing?  I notice that both my T1 and DT1350 they only label the left side with the L and nothing on the right side. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #1,598 of 10,994

Quote:
Is this a Beyer thing?  I notice that both my T1 and DT1350 they only label the left side with the L and nothing on the right side. 

Guess so, I've only seen the "L" marked on beyer cans.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,599 of 10,994
Makes sense. Once you know one side the left then obviously the other side is right. Amirite?

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #1,604 of 10,994
I wonder how many T1 owners have a lonely right ear wondering just what to do with itself while the left is enjoying fine music
eek.gif

LOL.

If the left ear cup is marked with a 'L' do you really need guidance to figure out where the right ear cup is located?

:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back