The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #1,502 of 10,994
Congrats on the purchase! I've seen the drivers you mentioned but I don't know if they sound any different at all. I have the black drivers and they sound splendid.

Also if you guys have the Auditor try adding a 100Ohm impedance adapter to the T1's. It seems to drive them better and also fleshes out the bass a bit more than without the adapter. 

Also guys I must say I am sorry for not being on recently. My whole site got hacked and I have been working to restore it.

Quote:
Just got # 3964

Does anyone know what the differences are between the T1s with the white drivers and the black drivers which look more angled?  There are pictures of both floating around, but is one of them newer?  Thanks.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,504 of 10,994
A lot of places manufacture them so they aren't that hard to find. I have one on hand if you want to borrow it.

Quote:
Where can you get this adapter?

Nov 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #1,505 of 10,994
Gah, what to do.  LCD-3 or T1?  Love the HE-6 sound sig, but couldn't live with the compromises of the HE-500.  Need a phone to compliment the HE-6 and I can't audition the LCD-3.   T1 seems to give the impression of what I wanted the HE-500 to be.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #1,506 of 10,994

Quote:
Gah, what to do.  LCD-3 or T1?  Love the HE-6 sound sig, but couldn't live with the compromises of the HE-500.  Need a phone to compliment the HE-6 and I can't audition the LCD-3.   T1 seems to give the impression of what I wanted the HE-500 to be.

FWIW, I would recommend the LCD-3s. I find my T1s very similar to my HE-6s.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,509 of 10,994
Agreed. I think the HE-6 and the T1 sound similar. I've been using the HE-6s at the main rig and the T1s for bedside. When I head to bed, I feel as though I didn't change cans sometimes. However, if the same songs play, I note subtle differences.

I would go for the LCD-3 as well. I have been thinking about that or the HD800 as the next unit.

Quote:
FWIW, I would recommend the LCD-3s. I find my T1s very similar to my HE-6s.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #1,510 of 10,994
The HE6 and T1 do share similarities in soundstage and they sound alike in many ways. The T1 is very easy to drive and the HE6 loves gobs of solid state watts and is a rewarding phone with better transparency than the T1 by a slight margin. The T1 images much better than any headphone I have owned. I decided I like the tube sound more so than the SS sound thus I own the T1 again and sold my HE6. The 6 IMO is better than the LCD2 for classical music and soundstage but the LCD2 does vocals better than any headphone I have heard but the treble is no where as good as either the HE6 or T1.  The T1 is balanced and neutral and plays any genre and does it well. You will not be unhappy owning any of them IMO.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #1,512 of 10,994
Buying a T1 within the week from another Head-fier, I should have it next week! I'll be pairing it in the short-term with my SB Touch-->NFB 3-->ACSS-->C-2.1. I'll be sure to give some layman impressions here in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to Frank and everyone else here who left their impressions that helped me decide on the Tesla!

-Daniel

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #1,513 of 10,994

Quote:
Just got # 3964

Does anyone know what the differences are between the T1s with the white drivers and the black drivers which look more angled?  There are pictures of both floating around, but is one of them newer?  Thanks.

My bright, bass light versions looked like this....  Could someone point me to a link for the white drivers?

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,515 of 10,994
You made the right choice, if I can chime in here.  The T1s stage like no other and there is a balance to them that goes unrivaled.  Granted, sometimes they lack raunch, but that, as y'all have been saying, is what the LCD-2s are for.  T1s are great on the Zana Deux.  I also like the T1s balanced on my DNA Sonnett.  So they have range, tube, SS, balanced or not.  Cable is key.  I find the SAA Endorphin to be the top of the 3/4 I have tried...  But I would suggest researching as they have to be hard-wired and you gotta live with that... Or pay the price as I did before I landed on SAA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back