The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 29, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #23,161 of 23,678
If you have a noticeable channel imbalance then there is likely an issue with your IEMs and you should contact our support at support@64audio.com to have them repaired under warranty. I know it's inconvenient to send them in, but if there's an issue with your Volür then burning them in is not going to fix it.
Thank you, I have been already advised the same by the other guy from 64 Audio.

I have just completed 48 hours of continuous playback and I will run a few tests again from here ---> https://www.audiocheck.net/ <--- and also from YouTube.
Stock cable and tips together with my Mojo 2. I will also plug them directly into my laptop.

We will see.

Edit:

@mattv @64Audio email to Support, sent.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #23,162 of 23,678
Looking forward to that head to head

Re: Trio vs Volur : Contrary to what others here have already said about Volur vs Trio, I'm having a hell of a time deciding which I like better. It's actually whichever I happen to have in my ears at the time. It's like choosing between two children. Sometimes during extended listening I forget which is in my ear and I have to feel for the presence of the apex module.

If forced to choose, I would probably say the Volur is technically superior. The Volur does have the advantage of being able to dial the bass in (I've actually settled on the m12 Edit : Bass tightened -- m15).

But you'll have to pry the Trio from my cold, dead hands.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #23,164 of 23,678
Just came here to say my A12t are still going rock solid after nearly 4 years. I unfortunately had one ear crack early on in its life but 64Audio took care of it completely free and they've been awesome since. Customer service is A+, product is S tier.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #23,165 of 23,678
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #23,166 of 23,678
Hello, why does the u12t have this massive dip between 2-5khz while the u18s and u18t doesn’t?

Attachments

• IMG_0940.png
    IMG_0940.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0939.png
    IMG_0939.png
    258 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #23,168 of 23,678
I must say I am very impressed with the 64 audio IEM's I've heard and I have expressed my admiration of the Volur quite a bit. But yesterday I got my Cascara to use on the go with the Shure TW2 and amazingly enough, I could use the Correir Brass tips without them getting stuck in my ear. How in the heck can 64 Audio make such technically great IEM's with great sound and build quality and new tech, and they still give us these stems where some good quality tips come off in your ear and don't stay on? It's not like the technology isn't already out there :)

I just find it a very strange oversight that must be on purpose. Tips are important so it's not just cosmetic, this is functionality. Of course it doesn't happen with a majority of tips but it does with some, and the Correir are impossible to use with the Volur without doing a mod.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #23,169 of 23,678
Hello, why does the u12t have this massive dip between 2-5khz while the u18s and u18t doesn’t?
That dip is there to help with the soundstage direction the signature is trying to reach for that specific set. Each of their sets is aiming for a different sound but rest assured the sound on the U12T is one of legend and the most "Best ALL Arounder" on the IEM market today. I thought the same as you and it took forever to pull the trigger on this IEM but once I got it home... sound for my music has never been better.

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #23,170 of 23,678
...I just find it a very strange oversight that must be on purpose....

The U12t was announced in 2017?

https://blog.64audio.com/a12t-u12t-tia-trio-tube-less-in-ear-monitors-from-64-audio/

As not all in ear monitors are 100% compatible with the Coreir tips, the ear tips manufacturer could engineer a solution rather than for individual monitor manufacturers redesigning their monitor for one eartip brand. Sell more eartips to everyone interested.

In the cooler thread there was a post about Asian fit eartips coming out. Is there a reason the Coreir tips cannot be redesigned.

Or if it was that fantastic a concept you could see earphone manufacturers release metal insert eartips as a default option where the metal insert eartips are integrated into of the monitor design and tuning process.

Given the trend of 64A history of patience, the next big thing is perhaps the learning for the Fourté Blanc and Volür being applied into a custom form factor monitor than changing a nozzle

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #23,171 of 23,678
does anyone have any recommendation on eartips for Volur?

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #23,174 of 23,678
The U12t was announced in 2017?

https://blog.64audio.com/a12t-u12t-tia-trio-tube-less-in-ear-monitors-from-64-audio/

As not all in ear monitors are 100% compatible with the Coreir tips, the ear tips manufacturer could engineer a solution rather than for individual monitor manufacturers redesigning their monitor for one eartip brand. Sell more eartips to everyone interested.

In the cooler thread there was a post about Asian fit eartips coming out. Is there a reason the Coreir tips cannot be redesigned.

Or if it was that fantastic a concept you could see earphone manufacturers release metal insert eartips as a default option where the metal insert eartips are integrated into of the monitor design and tuning process.

Given the trend of 64A history of patience, the next big thing is perhaps the learning for the Fourté Blanc and Volür being applied into a custom form factor monitor than changing a nozzle
I'm not sure what the U12T has to do with anything here. It's been discussed before that 64 audio does not put any kind of lip or flare on the nozzles to hold tips in and that does create some problems with certain tips in people's ears and also depending on how strong the seal is for people.

This has nothing to do with one single iem.

Jan 1, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #23,175 of 23,678
does anyone have any recommendation on eartips for Volur?
I have the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR Standard on my U12T ...and I think they provide the perfect seal and optimal sound staging, bass, mids, and treble. Being that the Volur has the same physical shape ...I would think you could give them a try on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back