The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 20, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #17,386 of 23,673
Not only is it not busted, it's no longer a myth. The only benefit of not being able to hear differences between (TOTL) cables is the savings to your wallet.

So much this. I’m not here to preach about cables being huge parts of the audio chain or claim they’re worth it. But if you can’t hear the differences seriously consider yourself and your wallet fortunate.

May 20, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #17,387 of 23,673
I like to get 4 coat hangers, straighten them. Spray then with clear enamel from a can (litz'ing process) and twist together, stick ends on. Then I shape the whole cable as required for commuting or desk or standing. Copper and silver a great, but nothing sounds like 12 guage of solid budget random alloy.

May 20, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #17,388 of 23,673
The problem is you can't measure cable differences, at least not that I've ever seen done before. And I'm sure there's much more to it than simply resistance. And since every cable seems to react differently with different IEMs, it's almost impossible to say how and where you'll notice the difference.

I dont believe that you can't measure cable performance if it was the case silver gold or copper would be all equal and one would simply use aluminium as their main core.

There is measures they simply hide it as physics will show any hybrid cable is a pure downgrade from the pure silver or even pure copper in transmission speed of the electrons...

I am not disputing here that I cant hear a difference, what I am saying is the ridiculous price tag that comes along the cables is insane and abusive.

I would like to see iem manufacturers make stock cables premium! That elevates the iem performance to its best possible way, so we dont have to look coco loco buying expensive cables lol

From my experience anything above 500$ is a mere pure rip off! Even at 500$ is going way to high.

May 20, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #17,389 of 23,673
So you guys like to chat about the sonic benefits of 64A IEMs, but think they are wrong about cable theory?

Where were you guys before? You could have made easy money. There waz a $1million open challenge to prove audible differences between cables... guess what.... no one could claim the money....

Anyway, I get it, there is a local audiophile business near me and I know the owner well. He is killing it with cable sales.

May 20, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #17,390 of 23,673
There's a video on YT , The Null Tester , it could be interesting for anyone curious about cables.

May 20, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #17,393 of 23,673
The mind does the hearing. Thoughts, ideas can influence quite a bit.

Yeah, this has now been well described and studied. The " trust my ears" are easily fooled. There is a whole area of science on psychoaccoustics.

But hey, people can spend there money as they wish. However, the differences they think they hear is not a universal truth applicable to others. Although this place proves it can be a shared delusion.

May 20, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #17,396 of 23,673
So you guys like to chat about the sonic benefits of 64A IEMs, but think they are wrong about cable theory?

Where were you guys before? You could have made easy money. There waz a $1million open challenge to prove audible differences between cables... guess what.... no one could claim the money....

Anyway, I get it, there is a local audiophile business near me and I know the owner well. He is killing it with cable sales.

Yes! That is what been going on for a very long time. Many have complaints on the 64a stock little black cable, I do to think its a not on the level to what the iem has to offer. The new premium silver cable is very neet but it has too much silver in my opinion 😅😅😅 for my taste I'd love to see a full Copper instead or a 50/50 max silver and copper version.

I love the cable properties, very light comfy and not microphonic. But the metal earloops inside should be removed they are to much of a strain on the 2pin socket and also the cable sits better and flush on your ears without it.

From my cable experience both metal properties are a must! ( Silver and copper ) as when they are joined together they bring qualities and effects of the sound from both sides!
I believe that this is the reason why majority of all brands include silver plated copper cables as its a more affordable way to offer both performances.
But it be so much more awesome if brands understood that we audiophiles want more! From our iems and absolutely stand by the fact that its a most to have a audiophile grade cable to bring maximum performance of pur iem.
This why we want a better cable! And not just like a throw in wire for convenience....

I only believe in silver and copper, I know also sony daps use gold in the soldering it adds very nice bass and vocal timbrals, with nice vibrant sound overall 🥰

May 20, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #17,398 of 23,673
Ok, fair enough - i will stop. Wrong thread to debate this.

No need to spit the dummy though. If someone says X is good, we are allowed to give alternate opinions. The thread has been of value to you, you got lots of useful feedback.
It isn't spitting the dummy. Just unwatching until the cable debate blows over.

Back on topic hey.

Odin arrived back to me today, about to try it with some new tips and off the iDSD Signature and it's bass boost option. See how it compares to Nio and u12T I have here still.

May 20, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #17,400 of 23,673
It isn't spitting the dummy. Just unwatching until the cable debate blows over.

Back on topic hey.

Odin arrived back to me today, about to try it with some new tips and off the iDSD Signature and it's bass boost option. See how it compares to Nio and u12T I have here still.
The same reason you don't like reading about cable discussions is the reason we don't like reading post after post about how cables have made ones IEM better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back