The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 6, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #17,177 of 23,684
The amount of money I've shelled out for tips, seems it almost pays for itself to go to Canjam!
Yeah that sounds all well and good until you visit 3 stands and buy 3 flagships :D

May 6, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #17,178 of 23,684
May 6, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #17,179 of 23,684
Still waiting for Spinfit to come out with some variations of their tips but with wide bore cones on the end... I think it could work well.

Yep, I have two different Accoustunes on the way to me now from Japan. This after I swore that Spiral Dots were unbeatable. But you never know if you don't try, right?

Yeah that sounds all well and good until you visit 3 stands and buy 3 flagships :D

Hehe, thankfully I'd only ever go to demo. All my money would be long spent getting there from my far flung corner of the globe.

May 6, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #17,180 of 23,684
Yep, I have two different Accoustunes on the way to me now from Japan. This after I swore that Spiral Dots were unbeatable. But you never know if you don't try, right?

Hehe, thankfully I'd only ever go to demo. All my money would be long spent getting there from my far flung corner of the globe.
Acoustunes are very good! the 07 ones are some of my favourites, very comfortable. Not to fuel the fire within you to buy more tips but if those go down well I'd highly rec the FAudio Vocal tips... they have a much stiffer stem but are just as comfortable.

May 6, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #17,181 of 23,684
Acoustunes are very good! the 07 ones are some of my favourites, very comfortable. Not to fuel the fire within you to buy more tips but if those go down well I'd highly rec the FAudio Vocal tips... they have a much stiffer stem but are just as comfortable.
Yeah I ordered 07 and 08, S size both for my small ear canals. 08 is said to boost bass, which could be interesting with the sometimes bass-shy Fourte, while 07 could open up the LX a touch with thicker music. Let's see, all assumptions at this stage. Comfort is just as critical to me as sound, so hoping they come close to the comfort of Spiral Dots. However good the Sedna EarFit Short sound to me, I sometimes find them too stiff for long term comfort.

May 7, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #17,182 of 23,684
just don't visit all the stands.
That’s a legit thing. When I went I kinda wanted to hear anything and everything so by the afternoon everything would sound exactly the same because of how burned out I was. This year I’ll be picking more specific brands that I want to hear and only visiting several stands

May 7, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #17,183 of 23,684
A bit of a bummer they changed the color of the FiR 0 module to red. I really like the look of the darker gray / black modules against the abalone faceplate and polished shell perimeter of the Nio. Oh well. It's not like we can see these things when they're in our ears, right?

My new-to-me Nio's should be delivering sometime next week. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
The red FiR 0 looks cool in the Nio. Makes the Nio sound very similar to the u12t in the midrange/treble.

May 8, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #17,184 of 23,684
The Firaudio atom-xl 0 module arrived!

More bling.... does it clash?

It certainly seems to be doing what peeps have already observed...

Like an audio64 m12.5/13 if such a thing existed...

IMG_20210506_141420.jpg

how does it sounds to you compare to stock M15 or MX ?
I'm also now considering to get Fir Audio 0 module for my Nio :beyersmile:

May 8, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #17,185 of 23,684
how does it sounds to you compare to stock M15 or MX ?
I'm also now considering to get Fir Audio 0 module for my Nio :beyersmile:

Fir 0 replaces my previous goto apex - the m15

For my taste it tones the bass down just a little from the m15 but not too much that I miss it.

On the other hand (generally - but see below) the mx module for my ears reduces the bass too much and makes the nio sound thinner and more analytical; very close to my z1r in fact.

I'm very pleased with the result as I was hoping for a sound somewhere in between the nio with the m15 and the z1r and I think this is it.

A good reference album for me is "Based on a True Story" by Fat Freddy's which is heavily bass centric particularly tracks Ernie and Roady.

This is an awesome album with the Z1R (and the Nio with mx) - lots of sub bass rumble - and even possibly too much bass in fact with the Nio + m15.

I'm very happy with the Fir 0 and I love the new colour too!

May 8, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #17,186 of 23,684
Yeah I ordered 07 and 08, S size both for my small ear canals. 08 is said to boost bass, which could be interesting with the sometimes bass-shy Fourte, while 07 could open up the LX a touch with thicker music. Let's see, all assumptions at this stage. Comfort is just as critical to me as sound, so hoping they come close to the comfort of Spiral Dots. However good the Sedna EarFit Short sound to me, I sometimes find them too stiff for long term comfort.

Do you know (or anyone for that matter) if this is what is meant on crinacle's iem graph? he has a bunch of S# by the Fir M5

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
May 8, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #17,187 of 23,684
Do you know (or anyone for that matter) if this is what is meant on crinacle's iem graph? he has a bunch of S# by the Fir M5

It means set number! So S2 means it's the second set he's heard of that particular IEM, and so on.

May 8, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #17,190 of 23,684
Hi, I'm just about to jump on the 64 Audio U12T.
I have a couple of questions you guys could help me with since there's not much on the internet about it.
1) Are the customs that big of a deal, like feeling it's a shame I didn't opt for it?, Or Universal is almost totally fine with the right tips?
2) What else should I get besides the U12T? I'm thinking of getting their vacuum tool, any specific DAC, cables, tips?

As for the customs, I have the Shure SE846 and they seal and sound perfectly fine but I will sell them, I'm just saying this as a reference that I haven't had a bad experience with Universals but I've never had customs before since the price is 2k$ for the U12T and it's the same whether they are custom or universals with 64 audio (Excluding the audiologist). Should I worry that much that I am no getting customs?.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back