The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #211 of 23,677
I'm looking at the tia tech as something towards the Avant Garde/Concept Car kind of design. The "prototype" is definitely going to be ludicrously expensive and possibly overpriced to the masses, but if it proves itself I'm sure that we'll be seeing variations of the open-housed "full-vented" BA design adopted by other companies.

If 64Audio is willing to do a Volvo on this, I'm hopeful that this will be a huge step forward for IEMs.

That's what I've been hoping too.

If Tia drivers can solve the BA driver woes it should be shared eventually to consumers who aren't as resourceful as they can earn more money this way by building lower tier models with the same tech that offers much better sound experience to all.

After all, if it's going to help listeners who have doubts on BA drivers, why limit it to only those who are extremely rich?

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #214 of 23,677
Do you know how is the Tia Forte sound box technology is different from the Andromeda's resonant box technology? They both seems to avoid using tubes from BA.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #215 of 23,677
Do you know how is the Tia Forte sound box technology is different from the Andromeda's resonant box technology? They both seems to avoid using tubes from BA.

It's rather different actually. Campfire uses normal Drivers but they remove the use of a sound tube. Instead the BA fires directly into a metal resonant chamber which is shaped and sized to tune the sound in a specific way.

With the TIA, the driver itself is different, it's opened up on the surface parallel to the armature, so that the sound from the armature fires out directly in a mini planar fashion.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #216 of 23,677
Kudos to 64audio for this new stuffs. I'm definitely curious tbh, but since getting my A12 during KS, I've not found anything worth upgrading to. Sure I've tried IEMs that were a side grade to it and all, but at the MSRP or even BF prices, they just didn't seem worth my money thus far. Seems my A12 did spoil me real bad, so bad in fact that I didn't come onto head fi for quite afew months since getting it!

The prices for these are really high, not something that I feel would be worth an upgrade from my heavily discounted A12. Nonetheless, it does seem that, on paper at the very least, 64 audio is trying something different. Hoping they do well with these for sure! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #218 of 23,677
i am interested in the fourte, but would like to know does the tech in it really protect hearing like adel or not? Can we read about this further

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #219 of 23,677
i am interested in the fourte, but would like to know does the tech in it really protect hearing like adel or not? Can we read about this further

Since the Tia Fourte has no apex modules or any modules included for the time being, I think it's gonna function like a standard IEM so pneumatic pressure will be expected if you play at loud volumes.

Of course, this could change if they decided to add Apex modules into it like the U18 or better yet, build a whole new module that will fit the Tia Fourte.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #220 of 23,677

Fourte has an inbuilt APEX section. APEX and ADEL both aim to achieve the same thing but take different approaches. As for testing the health benefits, Brooko mentioned that, he experiences little to no flaring of his Tinnitus while using the ADEL modules. But doesn't get the results with APEX modules (please read his review of the U10 and the 1964 Ears ADEL IEMs thread for more info on this topic).

So far, that is the only data point we have on the health benefit front. Until more people can test and confirm, all we can do for now is, stay hopeful.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #222 of 23,677
Oh, well that's something I didn't know.

Huh...Intriguing.

Yea, its kinda easy to miss, as it does not have an external APEX module, nor is it highlighted in the info on Fourte, in the first post of this thread.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #223 of 23,677
If you take a look at the ADEL descriptions now you would realise that they are using much less funky and iffy terms now. Previously you would get the idea that just by using adel you protect your hearing.

However, if you do try to read their description now, the claim is different. It claims that the adel module helps to relieve pressure, thus preventing the triggering of the stapedius reflex and preventing you from turning up the volume, thus preventing hearing damage.

Now while I have some doubts as to how much it would really prevent you from turning up the volume (and Im no expert so I won't comment too much on that), what Asius is ultimately saying is that by turning up the volume less, you save your hearing. So really what this means is that if you have the discipline to maintain your volumes below a certain level, it should not make a difference on that front.

However, I readily acknowledge that both APEX and ADEL will affect the sound from the earphones, that's undeniable :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #224 of 23,677
Fourte has an inbuilt APEX section. APEX and ADEL both aim to achieve the same thing but take different approaches. As for testing the health benefits, Brooko mentioned that, he experiences little to no flaring of his Tinnitus while using the ADEL modules. But doesn't get the results with APEX modules (please read his review of the U10 and the 1964 Ears ADEL IEMs thread for more info on this topic).

So far, that is the only data point we have on the health benefit front. Until more people can test and confirm, all we can do for now is, stay hopeful.

Oh, well that's something I didn't know.

Huh...Intriguing.

Yup in fact when using both the fourte and the U18, I have realised that when pressing in the earphones hard and fast multiple times in my ears, I do not experience the discomfort that I do with most normal sealed IEMs. I do not have adequate experience with ADEL so I won't comment but the APEX definitely relieves pressure.

Between the m15 and m20, the 20 has better isolation and a slightly weighted fuller sound but with slightly less soundstage.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #225 of 23,677
Yup in fact when using both the fourte and the U18, I have realised that when pressing in the earphones hard and fast multiple times in my ears, I do not experience the discomfort that I do with most normal sealed IEMs. I do not have adequate experience with ADEL so I won't comment but the APEX definitely relieves pressure.

Between the m15 and m20, the 20 has better isolation and a slightly weighted fuller sound but with slightly less soundstage.

Well, my experience with the 64 ADEL series are pretty much the same as you but with S1 modules.

They certainly made low volumes sound much clearer thanks to the module and I find myself enjoying music much longer without feeling the need to yank out the IEMs from fatigue.

At least it took much longer for me to do so.

I haven't too much experience with apex modules but from my brief listening with my friend's U12 Apex, I can still feel the pressure relief benefit but compared to ADEL it just feel slightly less apparent.

But both are definitely beneficial for long listening periods.

I've no idea which module I am hearing with my friend's U12 apex since I never asked. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back