The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 29, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #23,551 of 23,565
I need to send my u12t's to have the faceplates re attached what do i need to send back.
I have never had to send anything back to another country before what is the best way to pack these.
Anyone ever sent from the UK before how was the experience
I have paid for the repairs just not sure what i need to do next :confounded:
I’ve sent mine in for repair (twice 😐) from Canada.
I’ve had the best experience with FedEx.
(FedEx took 2 days. The postal service took 3 weeks and the cost was similar)
What ever service you use make sure you get a tracking number and request signature on delivery.
You may want to pay for insurance but this will significantly increase the shipping cost.
(In my case, via FedEx and for U18S, it would have raised the shipping cost from CAN$40 to CAN$190 so I elected not too and spent the entire time before delivery worrying. In hindsight the peace of mind would have been worth the extra cost)
You need to fill out a customs form.
If you can go to a FedEx drop off location they’ll do this for you.
The customs form needs to clearly state they are being returned for repair. Otherwise USA customs may charge importation fees which 64 Audio will not pay and I assume this would result in the package being returned to you at your expense.
The address label should include your repair order number.
When 64 receive the package they’ll send you an e-mail confirmation with an estimated time frame for the repair.

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #23,552 of 23,565
I’ve sent mine in for repair (twice 😐) from Canada.
I’ve had the best experience with FedEx.
(FedEx took 2 days. The postal service took 3 weeks and the cost was similar)
What ever service you use make sure you get a tracking number and request signature on delivery.
You may want to pay for insurance but this will significantly increase the shipping cost.
(In my case, via FedEx and for U18S, it would have raised the shipping cost from CAN$40 to CAN$190 so I elected not too and spent the entire time before delivery worrying. In hindsight the peace of mind would have been worth the extra cost)
You need to fill out a customs form.
If you can go to a FedEx drop off location they’ll do this for you.
The customs form needs to clearly state they are being returned for repair. Otherwise USA customs may charge importation fees which 64 Audio will not pay and I assume this would result in the package being returned to you at your expense.
The address label should include your repair order number.
When 64 receive the package they’ll send you an e-mail confirmation with an estimated time frame for the repair.
I shipped mine via FedEx and it took less than two days to arrive as well. The commercial invoice is pretty daunting for those whom have never done international shipment before. I RMA mine due to nozzle mesh came off and less than a month another issue arises to which the faceplate came loose. Luckily 64 Audio shipped a brand new replacement unit to my local distributor and i didn't have to pay for the second shipment back. :thumbsup:

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #23,553 of 23,565
I need to send my u12t's to have the faceplates re attached what do i need to send back.
I have never had to send anything back to another country before what is the best way to pack these.
Anyone ever sent from the UK before how was the experience
I have paid for the repairs just not sure what i need to do next :confounded:
other than some of the shipping advice mentioned by other folks in the forum, just make sure your order number is clearly written somewhere either on the box, label or paperwork

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Apr 29, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #23,554 of 23,565
Casually flexing having two Fourte, I see :unamused:

What are those cables?

To be true I have two of a lot of things... if I like something I always get a second copy (and Fourte is not the only audio item that falls in this category .. )
I was actually A/B-ing... i was not flexing. If I did there would have been a few pairs of IEMs in that pic..

The two cables are a KBear and a 64Audio's cable. As you may have noted they both have a mic as I listen to music but I cannot risk missing a work call.

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #23,556 of 23,565
To be true I have two of a lot of things... if I like something I always get a second copy (and Fourte is not the only audio item that falls in this category .. )
I was actually A/B-ing... i was not flexing. If I did there would have been a few pairs of IEMs in that pic..

The two cables are a KBear and a 64Audio's cable. As you may have noted they both have a mic as I listen to music but I cannot risk missing a work call.
I was joking about the flexing. Maybe internet does not convey the tone properly :beyersmile:

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #23,557 of 23,565
I was joking about the flexing. Maybe internet does not convey the tone properly :beyersmile:

The watercooler thread is for those that want to flex. At this point to some of those guys these IEM's are more like jewelry than anything else. It's hysterical.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #23,558 of 23,565
The watercooler thread is for those that want to flex. At this point to some of those guys these IEM's are more like jewelry than anything else. It's hysterical.

I'd rather listen to someone flex about something they love sincerely than whine incessantly about having nothing to flex about.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #23,559 of 23,565
It’s also for those who don’t think they already know everything, and have heard everything. Some people are still on journeys. Some people offer helpful travel tips. Some people shroud their ignorance by writing “Here Be Dragons” on maps. Some people sit on their porch and yell at the kids to get off of their darn lawn. Some people are constantly chasing the FOTM (or even FOTW). But I doubt many are looking for belonging or approval or validation. There are much cheaper ways to purchase such things.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #23,560 of 23,565
It’s also for those who don’t think they already know everything, and have heard everything. Some people are still on journeys. Some people offer helpful travel tips. Some people shroud their ignorance by writing “Here Be Dragons” on maps. Some people sit on their porch and yell at the kids to get off of their darn lawn. Some people are constantly chasing the FOTM (or even FOTW). But I doubt many are looking for belonging or approval or validation. There are much cheaper ways to purchase such things.
And where did I say that doesn't happen?

A lot of people getting defensive that speaking about a thread where hundreds of internet randoms post, that some do it for partially bling reasons. Like that is completely insane to even say. Odds are that you are not part of that some, as in it's a very busy thread with lots of people. Get over it.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #23,561 of 23,565
I'd rather listen to someone flex about something they love sincerely than whine incessantly about having nothing to flex about.
I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote this, just about a few specific posts in general, I don't even track the usernames for the most part - but speaking of yourself, you haven't posted a photo of your DAP and IEM's in like 5 days, are you feeling ok?

What don't I have to flex about? The gear in my sig? If not that then what? I mean what else could it be? You know literally nothing about me. Nothing. And you think you can say that. It's deliciously hilarious. Your identity is quite tied in with that one thread it's amusing though. I will never forget I literally posted a one sentence joke criticism about an 8.5K UM IEM for the price point, and someone posted a multi paragraph angry response to me like I insulted their dead wife and also insinuated I was mentally ill. At that point you decided to totally back them up, and flex by removing me from the tour. Because they were your 'friend'. All because I defended myself. Also, maybe have better friends. You are a tiny small person dude and that instance showed it all.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #23,562 of 23,565
8ogxho.jpg

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #23,563 of 23,565
And where did I say that doesn't happen?

A lot of people getting defensive that speaking about a thread where hundreds of internet randoms post, that some do it for partially bling reasons. Like that is completely insane to even say. Odds are that you are not part of that some, as in it's a very busy thread with lots of people. Get over it.
Nevermind then. Just ignore those people then, if it bothers you. No need for you to defend your random pointless observation. Yep. There are definitely special people out doing their own thing.
Bless your heart.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #23,564 of 23,565
I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote this, just about a few specific posts in general, I don't even track the usernames for the most part - but speaking of yourself, you haven't posted a photo of your DAP and IEM's in like 5 days, are you feeling ok?

What don't I have to flex about? The gear in my sig? If not that then what? I mean what else could it be? You know literally nothing about me. Nothing. And you think you can say that. It's deliciously hilarious. Your identity is quite tied in with that one thread it's amusing though. I will never forget I literally posted a one sentence joke criticism about an 8.5K UM IEM for the price point, and someone posted a multi paragraph angry response to me like I insulted their dead wife and also insinuated I was mentally ill. At that point you decided to totally back them up, and flex by removing me from the tour. Because they were your 'friend'. All because I defended myself. Also, maybe have better friends. You are a tiny small person dude and that instance showed it all.
Your comment has upset a few folks because we try to keep the Watercooler an inclusive place where you can feel free to talk about your IEMs, your daps, your cables, even your HPs ( though mostly IEMs) or good music and food. @Rockwell75 monitors the Cooler to do his best to keep it that way. This is why it is so popular. Yet, you made a negative comment about it on another thread ( this one ).

All are welcome, but it would be appreciated for you to like and respect the thread if you intend to post there regularly ( as you do ).

I will not respond further as this is a 64 Audio Thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back