The Not-so-ghetto Headphone Stand (warning PICS)
May 25, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #46 of 59
Pears with calvados in syrup.
tongue.gif

May 25, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #47 of 59
I don't get it, a Marantz, HD600 a bunch of other very expensive headphones, and do not have $13.50 to get an HH10 from Sennheiser, and hang the headphones in a decent headphone hanger? Guys this is going too far with these ghetto hangers, the sennheiser holder is not expensive at all, and it is very well done, and looks beautiful....

attachment.php

May 25, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Ghetto as the projects in Paterson, NJ.
Very clever idea. I like it.

I've seen Paterson projects first hand (and I don't live very far from the projects in Newark), and this stand is not that ghetto. If it were, it would be generic dollar store CD-R spindle, and an ugly cheap water bottle.

Jun 8, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #49 of 59
I just got a friend in the States to send me a couple of these - far more aesthetically pleasing to mine eyes then that Sennheiser monstrosity!

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

Jun 8, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy
I just got a friend in the States to send me a couple of these - far more aesthetically pleasing to mine eyes then that Sennheiser monstrosity!

[pics]

Really?
eek.gif
Well the world would be a boring place if we'd all share the same taste...is what they always say.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #51 of 59
Why doesn't everybody just buy banana stands? I have one, it works very well, and many people here do use them? Why get cocky with the sennheiesr stuff?

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:38 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Why doesn't everybody just buy banana stands? I have one, it works very well, and many people here do use them? Why get cocky with the sennheiesr stuff?

Because banana stands don't evenly distribute the weight of the headphones across the entire band, they also chip the HD6X0 line's headband paint, and put stress on leather headbands of other headphones such as the Sony MDR-CD3000, and they won't even come close to fitting something like the Sony MDR-SA5000. The Sennheiser clip does it best for clip hangers, the Headphile stands do it best for regular stands.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Because banana stands don't evenly distribute the weight of the headphones across the entire band, they also chip the HD6X0 line's headband paint. The Sennheiser stand does it best for clip hangers, the Headphile stands do it best for regular stands.

I don't see any chipping??? Headphile stands are a lot for your own eyes, they are very expensive and high end stands that really are not necessary.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

I don't see any chipping??? Headphile stands are a lot for your own eyes, they are very expensive and high end stands that really are not necessary.

How long have you had your HD600s? Just take a look at some of the HD6X0s being sold or past sold in the forums, a lot of them have chipping in the center from banana stands. All Headphile stands are not expensive either, there was a pine one earlier this year for only $35. When you spend $300-800 on headphones, $35 is peanuts.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #55 of 59
Quote:

How long have you had your HD600s? Just take a look at some of the HD6X0s being sold or past sold in the forums, a lot of them have chipping in the center from banana stands. All Headphile stands are not expensive either, there was a pine one earlier this year for only $35. When you spend $300-800 on headphones, $35 is peanuts.

Heh, I don't think $35 for a stand is peanuts. And I've had my 600's for a few months now, and no chipping is to be seen. Maybe they are not being gentle when they put the phones on the stand.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

Heh, I don't think $35 for a stand is peanuts. And I've had my 600's for a few months now, and no chipping is to be seen. Maybe they are not being gentle when they put the phones on the stand.

It's metal against paint, when you pick them up and put them back hundreds if not a thousand times or more a year, no matter how gentle you are they're going to get scratched. That's why some people put foam over the hanger but then it looks pretty ugly and you mine as well build one of the "ghetto" ones pictured in this thread.

Jun 8, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

It's metal against paint, when you pick them up and put them back hundreds if not a thousand times or more a year, no matter how gentle you are they're going to get scratched. That's why some people put foam over the hanger but then it looks pretty ugly and you mine as well build one of the "ghetto" ones pictured in this thread.

Hehe, no problem here, I sometimes lay it on the pads anyway.

Jun 8, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #58 of 59
I have a banana hanger also, but it has to be on top of the shelf, or rack, if you have no space there you are screwed, that is one limitation, mine does not peel anything as it is foam covered on the hanger BTW, but the Sennheiser one, save me space. In my bedroom I have a toilet paper chromed floor stand, very nice and very solid, and do the job....as the Senn hanger does not fit the drawers vertically...

The Koss is another option, but if your rack is more than 1" thick, as mine, it will not fit, and over this is the pad in your headphone is thick, you can not insert it there neither, for Grados, and the Portapro is OK as they are thin headbands, but try to insert there an HD650 headband and you will have a little hassle there...

And in front of you the HHR-10 is far better done and a lot more pro looking, the pic I show was the stock pic, but once installed it looks very nice indeed...

(BTW is someone wants it, just drop me a PM $10.00 plus shipping and it is yours, it is not the chromed ones it has a work with wood on the base and the top very nice looking and it was modified to an straight hanger for the headphones only, no more banana on those)

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #59 of 59
Solan de cabras has changed bottles now they are round
fortunaly i had one of this old bottles left so i can use that
i still not realy get how to make it
Just put the Bottle on top of a CD spindle or something

any easyer way to do this with the solan bottle
to make it solid ?

btw you can pm in spanish if you want

Quote:
Inspired by the genius of LFF in the thread How To Make A Ghetto Can Stand (now without pics), I needed to do my own ghetto stand, but... The result has been better than I thought. And cheaper it is impossible
biggrin.gif

Materials:
Empty spindle.
Ceys two component epoxy putty.
Pretty mineral water bottle (Solán de Cabras).
Black marker to paint the epoxy.

The key is the epoxy putty. It has to be really strong. The Ceys one welds the bottle to the spindle and it is impossible to detach both pieces. The bottle is thin enough not to make so much pressure against the earpads.

Here are some photos with various headphones:

3105093062_5cb6c96237.jpg

3104274635_b6d361a37a.jpg

3104270147_268035bf2a.jpg

3104265503_bbe0f0fac4.jpg

3104256777_085b1456dd.jpg

edit: link corrected
edit: pictures corrected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back