The Not-so-ghetto Headphone Stand (warning PICS)
May 18, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
Does the bottle in this pic look like a face to anyone?

I see a cyclops clown.. is that what you're seeing?

I just had an idea. What if you cut out the top of the spindle and replaced it with like a clear tube. Set up a light inside it and filled the bottle with some kind of liquid. You could have a cool glowing ghetto stand.

...actually now that I think about it that wouldn't be too safe for the headphones!
rolleyes.gif

May 18, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap
I see a cyclops clown.. is that what you're seeing?

I just had an idea. What if you cut out the top of the spindle and replaced it with like a clear tube. Set up a light inside it and filled the bottle with some kind of liquid. You could have a cool glowing ghetto stand.

...actually now that I think about it that wouldn't be too safe for the headphones!
rolleyes.gif

If you make sure the water drains out from underneath, it'd be fine. I'd rather put a USB-powered light in there or something. Which gives me an idea... I have a USB LED light. I will have a headphone stand like that pretty soon. HMMMMMMMMM!

May 18, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #18 of 59
Make sure you post some good pics, I've gotta see this!
tongue.gif

May 18, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
LOL!!! Thanks for the compliment and credit!
icon10.gif

I figured nobody would look at that thing again so I deleted the pics. Boy was I wrong.

All the merit is yours
icon10.gif
. I only "refined" the idea. Do you still have the photos? They were funny.

In person this stand is good looking enough to be used (i'm certainly going to use mine!), but I think its better opportunity is at meetings. I'm sure one person can make 8-10 in less than half an hour (plus drying time) and they are dirty cheap. The only problem is the particular bottle model. I suppose Solán de Cabras is distributed in europe (it is a "high profile" water), but the better option would be finding local alternatives.

May 18, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
Does the bottle in this pic look like a face to anyone?

Reminds me of that Stargate episode where Jack O'niell gets shocked by a blue crystal that looks kind of like that.

May 19, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #28 of 59
Excellent idea! It looks extremely good too! I'll have to give this a try...

[size=xx-small]Finally, a Headphoneus Supremus!
very_evil_smiley.gif
[/size]

May 19, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Is this going to turn into a competition of who can make the cheapest headphone stand?!

If it is, I stole the spindle and bottle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back