The next step from Triple Fi. 10? (under $400)
Apr 26, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 25
I actually reckon that the tf10 is especially dark in the midrange, which actually takes away from transparency and versatility, so brighter is not such a bad thing in comparison unless you really enjoy the dark presentation.

Best analogy for the H-300 sound I can come up with is that it's like waking up to a crisp sunny morning, everything is do detailed and clear, but the light can also hurt your eyes a little bit, so you may need to put on some sunglasses (eq) :-D

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 25
Best analogy for the H-300 sound I can come up with is that it's like waking up to a crisp sunny morning, everything is do detailed and clear, but the light can also hurt your eyes a little bit, so you may need to put on some sunglasses (eq) :-D

Haha, 
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #18 of 25
My TF 10's rarely saw much use until I had them reshelled.
I kept them for years though so quite liked the sound ( my main problem with them being the lack of comfort, followed by the slightly shy mids).

Phil at Cosmic Ears reshelled them, and added a dynamic driver!
I now use them in favour of all my other 'phones ( the best of which is probably my Phonak PFE 232's).

Having tried custom, I won't be going back.
My next CIEMS will be the Cosmic Ears HY5 hybrid when/if they eventually come out.

Sorry about banging on about customs, its just that your feelings re' the TF's mirror my own.

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 25
Hmm, I can't seem to find T-Peos H-300 for anything less than $360 (eBay) and JVC HA-FX850 for $420 (Amazon) Any suggestions?

Edit: OH schiit, found T-Peos for $275 from "Digital852". That's a lot cheaper. I get paid on the 2nd so I still gotta wait :wink:
Lowest price of JVC AH-FX850 so far is $370 and FX750 is $239

May 1, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #21 of 25
I'm kind of in the same boat as you @Hapster, though the "flip mod" (swapping the left and right sides around so they curve towards your head instead of away from it, if you've never heard of this mod) definitely helped me with regard to comfort. I'm also running my TF10's with FiiO's RC-UE2 cable, much more comfortable than the crazy stock cable. As I get good prices on Sony gear, when it finally hits the site I'm going to be picking up a pair of XBA-H3's I think, but also thanks to the discounts I get I'm turning into a Sony fan boy, so my opinion is probably biased :p T-Peos H300 sound like a good upgrade though, I may have to reconsider...

May 1, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #22 of 25
I'm kind of in the same boat as you @Hapster, though the "flip mod" (swapping the left and right sides around so they curve towards your head instead of away from it, if you've never heard of this mod) definitely helped me with regard to comfort. I'm also running my TF10's with FiiO's RC-UE2 cable, much more comfortable than the crazy stock cable. As I get good prices on Sony gear, when it finally hits the site I'm going to be picking up a pair of XBA-H3's I think, but also thanks to the discounts I get I'm turning into a Sony fan boy, so my opinion is probably biased :p T-Peos H300 sound like a good upgrade though, I may have to reconsider...

I actually have the channels
Switched on my Chris_Himself cable because I wear them backwards :p

May 1, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #23 of 25
I actually have the channels
Switched on my Chris_Himself cable because I wear them backwards :p

Haha I knew it was probably a stupid thing to suggest since I'm guessing it's a pretty popular mod since it's so easy, I'm pretty new around here though so yeah, thought I'd suggest it anyway since I only discovered it a few days ago and I'm loving it
beyersmile.png
 After reading this thread I'm now tossing up between T-Peos H300 and Sony XBA-H3, the H3 will likely be cheaper for me (I'm expecting a price of about $240 AUD), though from digital852 as you said it is $275 USD with free shipping, which makes the two pretty similarly priced... From what I read the T-Peos seems to be better received than the Sony, looks like I have some investigating to do! Anyway good luck with your purchase mate! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back