The next step from Triple Fi. 10? (under $400)
Apr 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 25
IMO, nothing really I've tried in the under $400 range beats the value of the TF.10. And I've tried 30+ pairs of IEM's, excluding customs. Don't get the UE900's, they're a step back from the TF10 -- really recessed mids. Or maybe I just got a defective one. Pre-Logitech UE was much better than Post-Logitech UE. Sigh.

Of course, if you look higher, there's the Westone W60, Shure SE846, Sennheiser IE800, and my favorite, the AKG K3003i's. But those are waaayyy over $400.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 25
I was just in a similar boat to you with my TF 10's. I really struggled to bond with them due to the size and fit. I almost had them reshelled but the cost in the UK seems amazingly expensive. Instead I bought a used pair of Westone 4R's ($280) and couldn't be happier.

They fit almost as well as my Phoneks and even though I have pretty small ears they don't stick out. If I could have got a reshell for $99 though I would have jumped at that.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 25
I was in the same sort of boat a little while ago. Ended up with the T-Peos H-300, which is a definite upgrade over the TF10, though sound signature is quite different.

Compared to TF10, H300 have
- better fit and more portability
- brighter sound, especially in mids.
- Much more resolution and separation.
- similar bass quantity with better quality
- Harsher less smooth treble, though it can be tamed with EQ.

Also has replaceable cables and can be had for $300 or so.

Hope that helps!

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 25
The next sensible upgrade from TF10  (which I have owned x3 times total) is Dunu DN-1000 hybrid for $200. TF10 is indeed an exceptional sounding IEM however it's age is now showing, technology has moved forward since its release quite sometime ago, especially with the likes of hybrids coming into the scene.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #10 of 25
I was in the same sort of boat a little while ago. Ended up with the T-Peos H-300, which is a definite upgrade over the TF10, though sound signature is quite different.

Compared to TF10, H300 have
- better fit and more portability
- brighter sound, especially in mids.
- Much more resolution and separation.
- similar bass quantity with better quality
- Harsher less smooth treble, though it can be tamed with EQ.

Also has replaceable cables and can be had for $300 or so.

Hope that helps!

Thanks dude, I was looking at those ones EXACTLY. Really like the look of them (maybe not as much as JVC, but ooowelll)

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 25
  The next sensible upgrade from TF10  (which I have owned x3 times total) is Dunu DN-1000 hybrid for $200. TF10 is indeed an exceptional sounding IEM however it's age is now showing, technology has moved forward since its release quite sometime ago, especially with the likes of hybrids coming into the scene.

I'd actually go for the Dunu DN-2000 before I looked at the 1k. Neither has removable cables though, so I'd rather just avoid the two entirely.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 25

I'd actually go for the Dunu DN-2000 before I looked at the 1k. Neither has removable cables though, so I'd rather just avoid the two entirely.

Arrr, I apologise, I overlooked the detachable cable part.

Well, many people sold their TF10 not long after hearing T-Peos H-200, maybe you can research those.

I own H-300 while it's great you must be prepared for the signature. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 25
Arrr, I apologise, I overlooked the detachable cable part.

Well, many people sold their TF10 not long after hearing T-Peos H-200, maybe you can research those.

I own H-300 while it's great you must be prepared for the signature. 

You also overlooked the post 2 posts above you part ^_^. So it looks like 2 recommendations for the H-300.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #14 of 25
You also overlooked the post 2 posts above you part ^_^. So it looks like 2 recommendations for the H-300.

I had read that post. 
smile.gif
 That's why I said: you must be prepared for H-300 signature. Many members find the treble a little hot and experiencing a peak or spike, this however doesn't bother me depending which source I use but as fail safe that's why I mentioned H-200 as its sound sig is much safer. If you're sensitive to treble or bright sound signatures H-300 is both of those and its mid-range can come across as rather thin / light in note weight a little like DBA-02 if you've ever heard one.. I'm sure with some further research you can come to a knowledgeable decision.  If the signature agrees with you however with EQ - H-300 is a mighty fine sounding IEM but will sound much brighter than TF10 straight off the bat. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #15 of 25
Well, shouldn't be a problem since I use the denon app on my phone, gives you a nice graphic eq to help tame that 8kHz spike. I'll leave this thread up awhile longer to see what else comes up besides the obvious shure and sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back