The New Meier Oehlbach Replacement Cable for the Sennheiser HD580/600/650
Jan 9, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 68
el cheapo alternative ... post of a review sometime ... for those that ordered them ...

Jan 9, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by OakIris
Ph34rful - Here's the link to the cable page:
http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/cables.htm
Scroll down the page - the Senn replacement cable is the last item on the page.

Thanks. I looked there but apparently the old web page was stuck in my internet cache which was why the cable wasn't showing up.

eek.gif
$55 is extremely cheap! I can't wait to read the reviews...

Jan 10, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #20 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by headphonecrazy :

Hey my friend's cable just broke in less than a day - A** luck I think 4 getting a lemon.

Broke how? You mean it fell apart, or....?

Jan 10, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #22 of 68
Hallo Headphonecrazy,

All cables that leave my house are checked and should work properly. Of course a cable may break, but by experience most problems that appear with the HD600 are due to the rather lousy connection inside the earcups of the phone. The two small pins of the cable make just contact to a very small and vulnerable spring. Contact area is truly minimal.

Also, be aware that the connectors should be put in the first time with some force. When many problems arose with the first series of HD600s Sennheiser changed the opening in the marble-like "strap" through which the connector passes. There now is a very tight fit that should prevent small movements of the connector. If the connector isn't brought in deep enough contact will not be made.

Tip, exchange the left and right connectors of the cable. If the problem also changes channels, than the cable indeed is defective. Of course defective cables will be immediately replaced.

Do you have a multimeter and are you able to measure resistances?

Cheers,

Jan

Jan 11, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #25 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Hajime
I received Jan Meier's cable today and have been enjoying it. I like the sound of it so far.
580smile.gif

Could you please give an honest opinion as compared to the other Senn cables you've heard, how big of an upgrade is it? I want to know that it's more than a symbolic upgrade before I take the plunge.

Jan 11, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #26 of 68
Iron,

Hello there. I'm going to let the cable burn in (or, if you don't believe in cable burn in, think of it as letting music play through it) for a few days. After that I'll give my impression. All I'll say now is that I like it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #29 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
Hmm, well considering that you make a competing cable, I might take your comment to be all I need
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
I believe in being honest. If it sounds good I'll say so.
biggrin.gif

TheMuffinMan_01,

It's as flexible as the stock HD650 cable.

Jan 12, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Hajime
tongue.gif
I believe in being honest. If it sounds good I'll say so.
biggrin.gif

TheMuffinMan_01,

It's as flexible as the stock HD650 cable.

is that the same as the 580 cord...?

keep us updated on the sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back