The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jan 3, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #4,937 of 4,956
Ok yeah that sounds good not to damage a good sounding pair if we don't find the need to do it.....post a picture when your done with your 3.5mm jack replacement.

sorry for taking so long i did the change a few days later and then forgot to post about it due to work and the holidays. Anyway there's not much to show. the inside of the copper colored cable consists of 4 super soft cables and an outer layer of metal isolation meant to fight interference.  i soldered the two grounds and the isolation layer together to the ground of 3.5 jack and the other two free calbes went to L and R accordingly. then i sleeved each of the smaller cables with heatshrink and pulled on thick layer of heatshrink on the whole zone and a few good inches both ways to reduce possible stress. The cables were a b... to solder because first: the insulation on them was very soft as were the cables inside so more pressure from a blade would slice off the whole thing instead of only the insulation i ended up chewing and rubbing the insulation off and second: for some unexplainable reason they had what looked to me as nylon cores so in the actuality what remained of the cable was a handful of very thin copper cables which only makes me wonder how it lasted so ''long'' to begin with. i had to spread out the strands of those little cables, pick out and cut out the nylon  ( ill keep calling it nylon, idk what it actually is) then twist the remaining strands together and get on with the soldering.... i would rate the quality of the cable as really low given that it lacks the stress reliefs in key areas and the cable that is there is super thin and weak.

So with the rant out of the way, i got just a few pictures. As i said there's not much to show. I didn't take the pictures of the cable stripping and nylon-cleaning because is simply dont have a tool with good enough macro. gonna give direct links because i don't want to rip the thread apart

http://i.imgur.com/pQ693d0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VaDlDfI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/23tid8p.jpg 

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #4,942 of 4,956
Hello everyone

I was thinking of buying VSD3S for the gym (running outdoors), do you think I'll hear the friction of the cables when I'm going to run?

Will they be good for this use?

Should I put the FLAC or the quality will be good with MP3 V0?

Thank you

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,943 of 4,956
  Hello everyone

I was thinking of buying VSD3S for the gym (running outdoors), do you think I'll hear the friction of the cables when I'm going to run?

Will they be good for this use?

Should I put the FLAC or the quality will be good with MP3 V0?

Thank you

Just about every cable ever designed will have microphonics when running, but I'd say this is one of the better ones without being a braided cable. You'll also cut down on noise if you have the cable underneath your shirt rather than outside of it.

I don't think there's any issue with exercising in these. You might want to use the ear guides though just to be sure they stay in place.

Honestly, I see little reason for needing more than MP3V0 for exercising unless your music is in FLAC and you need to convert. If your music is already in FLAC, leave it unless you wanna use less space on your device. If your music is in MP3V0, don't bother finding a FLAC version for exercising. Not only would you hear minor differences at best between the 2 formats with even TOTL IEMs, your focus while exercising is going to be exercising so the IEM is simply for musical enjoyment. It needs to have enough fidelity and needs to do no more than that.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #4,944 of 4,956
Thank you for having taken the time to answer me,

So all my music is in FLAC, but it's not a problem to convert them to MP3 V0 to save space,

If I understand correctly, you would advise me to put MP3 MP3 V0 because I concentrate on the exercise and I would not see the difference?

I was asking the question of the V0 and the FLAC, because I know that good headphones give bad results if the recording is bad, so I was afraid that the VSonic sounded bad with V0 and that I have to put Of FLAC

Will the sound of the cable not disturb me much?

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4,945 of 4,956
  Thank you for having taken the time to answer me,

So all my music is in FLAC, but it's not a problem to convert them to MP3 V0 to save space,

If I understand correctly, you would advise me to put MP3 MP3 V0 because I concentrate on the exercise and I would not see the difference?

I was asking the question of the V0 and the FLAC, because I know that good headphones give bad results if the recording is bad, so I was afraid that the VSonic sounded bad with V0 and that I have to put Of FLAC

Will the sound of the cable not disturb me much?

Keep in mind, this is simply my outlook on how things can be done. Not how you have to do them, but how I'd do it if I were in your position.

If you do need to save space on your player, then convert your FLAC files to MP3V0 (I personally don't because then I end up having FLAC and the MP3 version saved on my computer which is pointless redundancy and I have plenty of space on my player). Otherwise, just leave it as FLAC as long as your player can play them.

You can play the VSD3S with FLAC or MP3, but like you said, if it's the recording is bad, it doesn't matter which format it's in.

You'll hear the cable. You can hear every cable, just some are worse than others. VSonic's is one of the best ones I've ever used in that regard that isn't braided. And it beats some braided cables I've used as well. I snake the cable down my shirt if I'm walking or exercising since that keeps the cable from moving away from your body too much before bumping against it again.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #4,946 of 4,956
Could someone suggest a fix for this? It not very visible on the picture, but you can still see it. The point where the cable connects to the housing, it snapped causing the left ear to only work when the cable is at certain angles. Can it be patched by somehow? I was thinking electrical putty and some shrink wraps? But I'm not really good at these things.

And in it's defence, this pair is nearly 2 years old now, but it's the only pair of IEMs I got at the moment so kinda need to patch it up. A new pair of anything would take another 2-3 weeks.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #4,947 of 4,956
I know I'm late to this party but I had to post about these.

Been a long time lurker, first post. I've dabbled in over the ears and iems for years. I have the Vsonic VC1000s. Love the accuracy and flat sound sig. But wanted something a little more "fun" so I ordered the VSD3 (non-S version), for something with a bit more of a V sig. Got them for $40 Cdn.

I cannot believe the sound quality for $40. Granted I don't have a lot of high end iems to compare these with, but I'm blown away by these. The soundstage especially is incredible. Easily wider than anything I've ever heard. Plus great clarity, relatively tight bass, and non-fatiguing highs.

I ordered the 1MORE Triple Drivers this week. Had to try a hybrid headphone, especially at that price. I really wanted to like them. But I'm disappointed. A/B'ing them with my VSD3's the VSD3's win. Narrower soundstage, congested sound, fatiguing highs. I know they might improve after burn in, but I can't see the soundstage improving and after hearing the VSD3 soundstage, I can't go back. Returning the 1MORE's.

Question for Vsonic owners: how do the VSD3's compare to the VSD5's? I've searched here and online but haven't seen much comparing the two.

Thanks in advance and great community here.

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #4,948 of 4,956

Been a long time lurker, first post. I've dabbled in over the ears and iems for years. I have the Vsonic VC1000s. Love the accuracy and flat sound sig. But wanted something a little more "fun" so I ordered the VSD3 (non-S version), for something with a bit more of a V sig. Got them for $40 Cdn.

I cannot believe the sound quality for $40. Granted I don't have a lot of high end iems to compare these with, but I'm blown away by these. The soundstage especially is incredible. Easily wider than anything I've ever heard. Plus great clarity, relatively tight bass, and non-fatiguing highs.

I ordered the 1MORE Triple Drivers this week. Had to try a hybrid headphone, especially at that price. I really wanted to like them. But I'm disappointed. A/B'ing them with my VSD3's the VSD3's win. Narrower soundstage, congested sound, fatiguing highs. I know they might improve after burn in, but I can't see the soundstage improving and after hearing the VSD3 soundstage, I can't go back. Returning the 1MORE's.

Question for Vsonic owners: how do the VSD3's compare to the VSD5's? I've searched here and online but haven't seen much comparing the two.

Old or new version?

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #4,949 of 4,956

word!? maaan, one of the better reviewers in here even told me that the 1more triple driver is his sub-$100 champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back