The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Oct 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,256 of 4,956
Mine too on order but reviews are affirmitive that it beats atleast vsd3.

and it should considering 15$ price diff

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #3,257 of 4,956

Really? I think that I read something about that they aren't selling a lot of them on China, maybe things changed.
Anyway, now I will probably have enough money to buy the VSD7 on it's release day. 
biggrin.gif

Althought I really wanted some purple VSD5 this month 
frown.gif

Nah, they are fine. Actually as pretty obvious from all the sales on batches and people waiting for availability they are selling units faster than they are manufacturing them
That will be too late,havi already have b6 in testing,sony after years of slumber has suddenly been releasing iem after iem,its another story that due to limited release they are fuc ked too.

I was waiting for vsd5 and 7 and lot who were have already got something else.

vsd3s is a mid level entry already bested by kc06 and havi based on reviews.

All in all a very good times for consumers

Nah, again. Vsonic are still immensely popular, so just because a group of people on head-fi prefer the havi or the ostry doesn't mean that vsonic isn't having a lot better sales than both of them put together. Of course, this could change with time.
Also, based on reviews and sales the xiaomi pistons should be the best iems in existence but I don't want to get into this subject now. The thing with Vsonic is that their products are very well-received by the consumers and they have the opportunity to expand a lot more and do even better but for some reason they still have low capacity production. Might be coz they lack the funding to expand, might be because of the rumors that VSonic's CEO spent way too much money on the vsd3/5 development and stalled the company's progress as I remember he mentioned they would be expanding with a new factory more than a year ago but apparently this didn't happen. Who knows?

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3,258 of 4,956
Yes no doubt gr07 is still a legend,nothing under 150 can best it imho.

It has its weak points but overall its awesome.

Even vsd3s at 45 is incredible value with detachable cables.

Am just growgpgng angry on ceo's previous statements and actual results on ground,lol

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #3,259 of 4,956
  I doubt Havi or Ostry could compete with them, my B3 Pro 1 hasn't arrived yet, but with the comments and the reviews here, it's on pair with the VSD3/S, which is cheaper than the B3 (the same for the KC06). Probably the VSD5 will be better than them for the same price.
*Of course, the B3 will stay an option for someone looking for a flat/balanced sound.

It alls come down to personal preferences. For me the Havi is clearly superior to the VSD3S in the same way that the VSD3S is clearly superior to the KC06. YMMV!

I suddenly feel good about picking up the Vivo XE800 instead of waiting for the VSD5 
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,260 of 4,956
  Might be coz they lack the funding to expand, might be because of the rumors that VSonic's CEO spent way too much money on the vsd3/5 development and stalled the company's progress as I remember he mentioned they would be expanding with a new factory more than a year ago but apparently this didn't happen. Who knows?

Maybe they can't find qualified employees to work with them.
Most of chinese factories seens to be horrible, I bet a lot o people there would like to work there -> http://headphoniaks.com/blog/eng-confidential-vsonic-interview-part-ii/

BTW, the factory seens to be really small.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #3,261 of 4,956
  It alls come down to personal preferences. For me the Havi is clearly superior to the VSD3S in the same way that the VSD3S is clearly superior to the KC06. YMMV!

I suddenly feel good about picking up the Vivo XE800 instead of waiting for the VSD5 
wink_face.gif

Nah, you know that the vsd5 will come out, hype will start and you'll buy it too. 
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, we'll just have to wait. It's not like the workers at vsonic just sit all day and do nothing and Vsonic's CEO just announces new stuff to trolls us later. He actually said that he know a lot of people have been waiting long and apologized.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #3,262 of 4,956
Nah, you know that the vsd5 will come out, hype will start and you'll buy it too. :rolleyes:
Anyway, we'll just have to wait. It's not like the workers at vsonic just sit all day and do nothing and Vsonic's CEO just announces new stuff to trolls us later. He actually said that he know a lot of people have been waiting long and apologized.

Lol, you know you're right about that but at least I feel better right now for getting them :wink:

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3,266 of 4,956
Wow, Kova that was like 6 "Nah"s in two pages. I've missed those. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it sucks, but this is at least good news in that I can look into getting other things, since the VSD7 is undoubtedly at least a year away. I'd been waiting on them before looking into upgrades from the GR07, but I'll be able to look around without having to worry about whether the VSD is going to be better. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,268 of 4,956
  Wow, Kova that was like 6 "Nah"s in two pages. I've missed those. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it sucks, but this is at least good news in that I can look into getting other things, since the VSD7 is undoubtedly at least a year away. I'd been waiting on them before looking into upgrades from the GR07, but I'll be able to look around without having to worry about whether the VSD is going to be better. 

Yeah, I haven't been disagreeing with people much lately to put my Nah™ in use. 
Well, a year away might be an overstatement - there is actually no official announcement about VSD7's release. Anyway, I already have great iems, so I'm not in a hurry.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #3,269 of 4,956

wink_face.gif

Nailed it. I haven't heard the KC06, but it's certainly based on personal preference. I'll say for technical achievement (for me), the Havi beats the VSD3S, but if I were going for a warm and fun IEM (as I am some of the time), I'd reach for the VSD3S every time. I don't have them anymore cuz I swapped them for the Havi's to hear them both, but right now if I'm looking for a fun sound, I reach for what I would consider to be the VSD3S's little brother (in terms of SQ), the GR06. I listened to those for the better part of 2 years and love them.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #3,270 of 4,956
has anybody tried dhl with lmue or penon audio?

do u need to pay customs?

as far as normal free post goes ,generally no customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back