The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #2,311 of 4,956
  So I'm doing it right? :D

Yeah, all good.  VSDS3 cable is a bit thicker, but for the headphones itself - let them sit in the middle on top of the mesh instead of being squeezed in the corner, less strain on cable.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2,313 of 4,956
  Sounds like the Havi b3 pro 1 & Vsd3s are going neck and neck, but when the havi is paired with an amp it really shines?

i just got my vsd3s today, and i have the havis for about 4 days now!.

first impression: based on my ipod touch with a few losseless files and 320kps and some 256 AAC i only had like 1 hour with the vsd3s and about 4 hours on the havis so this is really short but that aside:

s is that the havis definitely have a very wide sound stage bigger than the vsd3s both in height and width 

but the vsd3s is quite spacious in its own right but just not like the havis

the havis and the vsd3s are tuned quite differently. the vsd3s is very warm and full bodied where the havis is more neutral and transperant sounding. i actually think the vsd3s goes lower in terms of the bass than the havis and have a lot more weight there. however i think the havis have an airier treble and the mids... wow the mids are another level. i haven't experienced this kind of clarity in the mids, i can easily pick up everything my female vocals are saying and i can hear each breath, each note, each everything really. where on the vsd3s it seems to smooth over the mids in terms of detail. but its not bad in anyway for sure! just in comparison

the havis also are really finicky (i think thats how you spell it) with tips and fit (oddly its shape is similar to the vsd3s, but it doesn't slip in as easily as the vsd3s with the exact same tip)

anyway find the tips on the havi can definitely easily tune it to make it warmer just using the various tips out of the box can change the sound very much. 

also oddly enough i find the vsd3s better isolating even thought both are completely sealed housings.

i will do a full review on each of these guys and a comparison video as well. i really think most people would be super happy with either, but if someone gets both, don't worry about their sound overlapping! 

They complement each other very well

but as stated earlier the havis do eat away at your battery ( the specs have to be wrong, theres no way i need to turn my ipod touch to almost 50% to get them to my normal listening levels.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #2,314 of 4,956
  i just got my vsd3s today, and i have the havis for about 4 days now!.

first impression: based on my ipod touch with a few losseless files and 320kps and some 256 AAC i only had like 1 hour with the vsd3s and about 4 hours on the havis so this is really short but that aside:

s is that the havis definitely have a very wide sound stage bigger than the vsd3s both in height and width 

but the vsd3s is quite spacious in its own right but just not like the havis

the havis and the vsd3s are tuned quite differently. the vsd3s is very warm and full bodied where the havis is more neutral and transperant sounding. i actually think the vsd3s goes lower in terms of the bass than the havis and have a lot more weight there. however i think the havis have an airier treble and the mids... wow the mids are another level. i haven't experienced this kind of clarity in the mids, i can easily pick up everything my female vocals are saying and i can hear each breath, each note, each everything really. where on the vsd3s it seems to smooth over the mids in terms of detail. but its not bad in anyway for sure! just in comparison

the havis also are really finicky (i think thats how you spell it) with tips and fit (oddly its shape is similar to the vsd3s, but it doesn't slip in as easily as the vsd3s with the exact same tip)

anyway find the tips on the havi can definitely easily tune it to make it warmer just using the various tips out of the box can change the sound very much. 

also oddly enough i find the vsd3s better isolating even thought both are completely sealed housings.

i will do a full review on each of these guys and a comparison video as well. i really think most people would be super happy with either, but if someone gets both, don't worry about their sound overlapping! 

They complement each other very well

but as stated earlier the havis do eat away at your battery ( the specs have to be wrong, theres no way i need to turn my ipod touch to almost 50% to get them to my normal listening levels.

How do you put your lossless files on your ipod touch? I can't put flac files on my iphone

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,315 of 4,956
  How do you put your lossless files on your ipod touch? I can't put flac files on my iphone

iPod can play AIFF files - and of course ALAC - Apple's version of lossless....

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2,317 of 4,956
I'm using my BlackBerry Z10 as my on the go music player because the iPod sounds harsh without an amp. I suspect the amp portion for the Nano 2nd Gen is a little left behind compared to the Z10.
The best thing is that the Z10 plays .flac files natively as with other various audio formats, and they're pretty good. It plays 24 bit files too, though I'm not sure if it'll downsample them to 16 bit. I found out by accident when I loaded my 24 bit 2nd Law album and Dark Side of the Moon, and they played well.

It does need to turn up to 50-60% to get ample sound volume from the VSD3S. I'm not a loud listener, so I guess the gain is a little low for this phone.

What I love most is that it knows the difference between headphones and Line Out connections. It switched to Line Out when I plug it into the Aune T1, and headphones when I plug my headphones in. Neato!

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,318 of 4,956
That sounds rather interesting actually...although I wouldn't give up the apps or UX of Android for that.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #2,321 of 4,956
That sounds rather interesting actually...although I wouldn't give up the apps or UX of Android for that.

You can install android apps natively with the new 10 OS update
I have no experience with android OS but I can tell u, the UI and UX for this phone is amazing. By no experience I mean never owned one. I've been testing out other people's phones and don't quite like it as much as the bb Z10

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,322 of 4,956
  Whoa. Lendmeurears just got an insane website update and is now offering 18% discount with the code : hellolmue. Lasts untill August 10th
edit: brain fart

Schiit!
This is great!

I would love to order the VSD5 with this discount... 
frown.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,324 of 4,956
  gr07 bass.edition is $106 with the discount. very tempting

Theres recent discovery of the vivo xe800 which they say uses the exact same biocellulose drivers of the gr07 and tuned it better than gr07 and better housing and fit. Its retailing at $130 but now can get it at a promotional 50$ here for the meantime. Dunno when the sale will end but its a no brainer i guess. Couldn't resist and ordered mine yesterday.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.25.xh0Ut5&id=39611403083&ns=1#detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back