The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Jul 2, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #406 of 719

If your using an amp a high quality interconnect cable is a must, it is more important than the headphone cable, using the cheapo interconnect that comes with the amp sounds crap to me.

true. my experience, with my floor system, was that cleaning up the power increased my enjoyment tremendously. Power cabling/power distribution/conditioning  > analog interconnects > digital ic's >> HP cabling.

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #410 of 719
Jul 4, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #411 of 719
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-10

If you value total transparency (more of it, that is), with highs intact, then go silver cabling.

I use Silver balanced and really like it. I did listen to 5 minutes of the standard cable that came with the K-10 so I really can't compare the 2.

On my Miracle I did do A/B with the same type cable built by Ted, and could definitely tell the silver took the Miracle to a much better sounding place.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #414 of 719
Silver Litz is my cable of choice. Many think silver makes the sound brighter but I believe it adds greater clarity across the sonic spectrum which people mistake for brightness.

On another note, I can testify to the longevity and durability or Ted Allen's cables. I was the first owner of his Reference Silver Litz in February of 2014. It looks and performs as good today as it did almost 18 months ago. Ted Allen is a true old fashioned craftsman.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #417 of 719
Jul 7, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #418 of 719
I think they all eventually do if kept in a humid climate.

Litz wires are coated, they don't oxidize. Ted is moving to all Litz ( SPC, Copper and Silver).

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #420 of 719
I recently bought the Shure SE215 for my little brother and decided to give him my silvers. If he ever wanted to upgrade his IEMs, he will still have a nice cable to go with it. I was doing some quick testing after connecting them. Damn, these make these IEMs come alive. I mean its an $100 IEM but it sounds gold....er....silver..ah, you know what I mean.

Therefore, I have bought another Silver Litz "The Reference". As for the guys worrying about oxidation, there will not be any oxidation if you purchase the Litz version. What separates "Litz" wires from their normal stranded versions is that each individual strand, in the case of Ted's wire it is 50 strands, is coated individually with enamel. This coating prevents any type of tarnish or oxidation to the wires. If I see any exposed metal, I just coat them lightly with DeoxIt Gold and listen away. I wouldn't worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back