The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #7,036 of 29,010
Hey, Sennheiser, how come you don't respond to my emails asking for a loaner of your new flagship demonstrator electrostatic headphone to replace the Orpheus you are releasing next year?

I've checked my junk mail and there's no response from you.

I am deeply disappointed with your lack of response.

Just because I live literally on the other side of the world from Germany should not have any bearing in this age of fast and economical world shipping of goods, merchandise and chattels.

I await your answer by email or pm on this forum  with bated breath and eager anticipation.    Please don't spoil the end of a great year by your continued lack of communication.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #7,037 of 29,010
CES is just around the corner and that is when Senn tends to release new stuff. They have discounted the HD700 and others, so perhaps there will be something new, though I doubt it will be an Orpheus successor

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #7,038 of 29,010
  Hey, Sennheiser, how come you don't respond to my emails asking for a loaner of your new flagship demonstrator electrostatic headphone to replace the Orpheus you are releasing next year?

I've checked my junk mail and there's no response from you.

I am deeply disappointed with your lack of response.

Just because I live literally on the other side of the world from Germany should not have any bearing in this age of fast and economical world shipping of goods, merchandise and chattels.

I await your answer by email or pm on this forum  with bated breath and eager anticipation.    Please don't spoil the end of a great year by your continued lack of communication.

Fail. Wrong context all around. You're usually better than this.

-Daniel

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #7,039 of 29,010
Usually better?       I thought that was my best post this fast fading year.........

Just goes to show - humour as well as hearing is a very subjective sense.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #7,040 of 29,010
  Usually better?       I thought that was my best post this fast fading year.........

Just goes to show - humour as well as hearing is a very subjective sense.

rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #7,041 of 29,010
Just want to let you guys know my HD-800 with balanced cable is up for sale :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #7,043 of 29,010
I didn't think that anyone sold an HD800.
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #7,045 of 29,010
  Just those that haven't fed it properly.
tongue_smile.gif

-Daniel

+1.....Then they buy it back later....

BTW, while I wait for a replacement tube on my Cary I am slumming with my venerable Denon AVR-5800 in 2-channel. I never used the HP on it way back when. It is really nice with the 800's. Way better than I expected. Granted it is a $3800 amp!

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #7,047 of 29,010
I hope to be joining this friendly group very soon. I started a thread to ask for some advice based on my circumstances. Not to derail this thread, I hoe some of you can give me some guidance. Thanks and I'm looking forward to contributing in this thread in the near future.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697507/search-for-an-amp-to-pair-with-hd800-please-help/0_20#post_10112769

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #7,048 of 29,010
Short Xmas Story :

I thought myself about selling my HD800 a few days ago 
biggrin.gif
 .. Hard times and I need money for the next future monthes beacause my wife won't have any income during this period... I loaned my HD800 to a friend of mine but he finally choosed a Stax combo and gave me back My Senn. 
cool.gif
 . i've ever bought a HD580 to replace the 800.

So, i called another guy who was really interested. We had a deal and I pulled out the HD800 out of its box in order to take pics to send to the buyer.... But I made THE mistake: the headphone was there on my desk so... I plugged it and listened to music while I was uploading pics. 

One hour later I called the buyer and told him I really can't sell it. 
redface.gif
   HD580 is ready to be sold. 

End of this Xmas Story 
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #7,050 of 29,010
  Cool! What's the output impedance on that?

-Daniel

I cannot find any value for it Daniel. The manual does not list it and nothing turns up on my net searches. It does have Dolby HP. It generally sounds pretty good, but it does not have the fullness I am used to with either the Cary or the Decware. Interesting that the bass for my Vandersteen's is really something. Probably due to 200 watts vs 40 for the Cary. To me the Cary has more character and bloom vs the speed of the SS Denon. I am enjoying the variety but I'll be glad when my new tubes come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back