The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #6,466 of 28,992
@LugBug1 Lol man you made me chuckle on that one! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #6,467 of 28,992
does anybody know of any good carrying cases for the hd800? preferably hard so its protective, but not too big (otherwise i'll just use the original packaging box). i found this but was wondering if there are any other options?

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #6,468 of 28,992
  does anybody know of any good carrying cases for the hd800? preferably hard so its protective, but not too big (otherwise i'll just use the original packaging box). i found this but was wondering if there are any other options?

That actually looks really nice for size and durability, i dont think you can beat that for the price. Great find!

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #6,469 of 28,992

The one I'm looking at is the Pelican 1300 or 1400 - rugged and watertight, with easy to customize foam interiors. You can usually find the Pelican cases at local camera stores, but lots of online retailers as well.

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1400

Dale

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #6,470 of 28,992
I've been looking at this for my HD800..
http://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/ruggedized-travel-case 

Quote:

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #6,473 of 28,992

I've used this:

Jaben Hippo case large, they fit perfect with no mods needed.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #6,474 of 28,992
Could anybody help me to decide which amplifier to choose for Sennheiser HD800? Considering Meier Corda Classic, Violectric V200 and Burson Soloist... Tube amplifiers are completely out of question for as I dont like tubes and need the amp to be easily transportable for headphones testing (I just happen to test various headphones for myself a lot so I need a versatile amp).

Thank you very much! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #6,475 of 28,992
  Could anybody help me to decide which amplifier to choose for Sennheiser HD800? Considering Meier Corda Classic, Violectric V200 and Burson Soloist... Tube amplifiers are completely out of question for as I dont like tubes and need the amp to be easily transportable for headphones testing (I just happen to test various headphones for myself a lot so I need a versatile amp).

Thank you very much! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Senn`s own HDVA600 - sounds fantastic with HD800, fully balanced, german industrial art, and a really nice size.  Imagine 2 or 2.5 macbook airs stacked up: you could easily carry it in a laptop bag.  It`s also wired 100-240 volts internally, so you carry it abroad ! 

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #6,476 of 28,992
  Senn`s own HDVA600 - sounds fantastic with HD800, fully balanced, german industrial art, and a really nice size.  Imagine 2 or 2.5 macbook airs stacked up: you could easily carry it in a laptop bag.  It`s also wired 100-240 volts internally, so you carry it abroad ! 

The amp is extremely expensive =/ I was looking at something like second hand V200 or Classic... Definitely up to 1000USD. But thank you very much for the tip!

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #6,477 of 28,992
Emertxe: I've used a Corda Jazz for 3 monthes with my HD800 and the pairing is very good. Slightly on the sparkly side of perfect neutrality but with great extension and detail. My next purchase is a used concerto . I read many opinions and Concerto/Classic seems to be a slightly more bodied and smoothed upgrade from Jazz. I'm sure the Classic does a great combo with the HD800. another good point is the crossfeed. It's very useful for old Jazz or rock recordings especially. 

V200 is a well known and appreciated option too but I never heard it . i don't know anything aout the Soloist. 

The question is What's your dac ? Jan Meier's gear is transparent so IMO for HD800 a slighly warm and smooth DAC is a good option. The fact is my Jazz allowed me to hear very well dac upgrades :wink:

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #6,478 of 28,992
  Emertxe: I've used a Corda Jazz for 3 monthes with my HD800 and the pairing is very good. Slightly on the sparkly side of perfect neutrality but with great extension and detail. My next purchase is a used concerto . I read many opinions and Concerto/Classic seems to be a slightly more bodied and smoothed upgrade from Jazz. I'm sure the Classic does a great combo with the HD800. V200 is a well knwon and appreciated option too but I never heard it . i don' know the Soloist. 

The question is What's your dac ? 

I already have Concerto and find it great! That said, I am most probably selling it along with StageDAC to fully upgrade... My DAC is going to be the Ciúnas. Would like to try something a bit warmer than Concerto... That said, I am not sure HOW MUCH warmer.

I am really tempted to try the V200 but I am quite afraid as people mention worse soundstaging or even imaging with that amp... And I love the soundstage of HD800 (tried many other headphones but the Senns remain my favourite because of that awesome soundstage especially)!

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #6,479 of 28,992

Emertxe: I've used a Corda Jazz for 3 monthes with my HD800 and the pairing is very good. Slightly on the sparkly side of perfect neutrality but with great extension and detail. My next purchase is a used concerto . I read many opinions and Concerto/Classic seems to be a slightly more bodied and smoothed upgrade from Jazz. I'm sure the Classic does a great combo with the HD800. V200 is a well knwon and appreciated option too but I never heard it . i don' know the Soloist. 

The question is What's your dac ? 

I already have Concerto and find it great! That said, I am most probably selling it along with StageDAC to fully upgrade... My DAC is going to be the Ciúnas. Would like to try something a bit warmer than Concerto... That said, I am not sure HOW MUCH warmer.

I am really tempted to try the V200 but I am quite afraid as people mention worse soundstaging or even imaging with that amp... And I love the soundstage of HD800 (tried many other headphones but the Senns remain my favourite because of that awesome soundstage especially)!

You should consider the A18 amplifier from Yulong. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back