The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #6,031 of 28,989
  What is it I heard somewhere that there's going to be a new flagship from Sennheiser?

Truly, it never stops....
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #6,033 of 28,989
  What is it I heard somewhere that there's going to be a new flagship from Sennheiser?

The HD800 are tough to beat to be crowned the new flagship. Even if it does take that title, for many, the HD800 would remain #1 from sennheiser.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #6,034 of 28,989
I heard the new Flagship will incorporate transporter technology to bring each band live into your listening room....
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #6,036 of 28,989
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #6,039 of 28,989
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #6,040 of 28,989
Actually I spoke with Axel at Sennheiser myself.  He confided that the upcoming (spring 2014) HD850 will include a trepanning kit.  The new 18mm drivers will be implanted through the cranium, behind each ear.  Finally, a single, 43mm sub-harmonic enhancing driver will be implanted in the rear or top of the skull.  This wireless system will run on the 2.8khz Kleer system, and link to Sennheiser`s new 24/192 streaming system.  The antenna will be a few hair plugs, positioned where ever the user wishes.  

Some images:  

Axel`s early design sketches:

Final image from the pdf installation manual, for the right stereo driver:

Skull of early research volunteer, showing woofer port:

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #6,044 of 28,989
  Actually I spoke with Axel at Sennheiser myself.  He confided that the upcoming (spring 2014) HD850 will include a trepanning kit.  The new 18mm drivers will be implanted through the cranium, behind each ear.  Finally, a single, 43mm sub-harmonic enhancing driver will be implanted in the rear or top of the skull.  This wireless system will run on the 2.8khz Kleer system, and link to Sennheiser`s new 24/192 streaming system.  The antenna will be a few hair plugs, positioned where ever the user wishes.  

Some images:  

I helped Sennheiser design the new flagship, and you have completely misinterpreted these documents. (Frankly, I'm concerned that you were able to get hold of these at all, I suspect the R&D database may have been hacked!) 

We wanted to dramatically expand the soundstage for the new phones, and merely changing from SE to balanced connectors just wasn't going to do it.  So we have designed a new connector which plugs directly into the artists' brains! "From the mind of the musician and right to you!" (TM).  The attached documents show some of our artists being fitted for the connection, all for your listening pleasure.

Plus, we extended the bottom end.

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #6,045 of 28,989

Some images:  

I helped Sennheiser design the new flagship, and you have completely misinterpreted these documents. (Frankly, I'm concerned that you were able to get hold of these at all, I suspect the R&D database may have been hacked!) 

We wanted to dramatically expand the soundstage for the new phones, and merely changing from SE to balanced connectors just wasn't going to do it.  So we have designed a new connector which plugs directly into the artists' brains! "From the mind of the musician and right to you!" (TM).  The attached documents show some of our artists being fitted for the connection, all for your listening pleasure.

Plus, we extended the bottom end.
In that case, I'll pass! Thanks for saving me money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back