The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #6,016 of 28,989

I've owned 3 different HD800s from the 14xxx-19xxx rang and they've all sounded identical to my ears-only changing as the upstream gear changed. That said-there's already another thread discussing this
wink_face.gif
:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646871/new-hd-800-very-different-than-the-old-hd-800

-Daniel

The two HD800 I compared were plugged in the same rig.  They shared quite the same signature for sure. The Demo model what a tad brighter than mine though 
biggrin.gif
. A friend of mine was there and agreed with me. We tried to use the two HD800 in order to A/B my MG Head VS a trafomatic Head one and we perceived more brightness from one rig. then we plugged the two HD800 in the same amp ( the MG Head) and we could still notice differences. We stopped using the demo model immediately. Our interest was to compare amps not cans.  

Its possible that hes just being nice and agreeing with you so you dont look loony
tongue.gif

Im just teasing 
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #6,018 of 28,989
I personally think that there will be differences in hd800's. It stands to reason... No headphone is going to be identical, but its safe to say that the differences will vary. 

The only headphone that I've owned a few of has been the K701.. The 3 that I've owned have all sounded different.. This is my only experience of this, but I have no reason to believe it will not be the same for all headphones. If this wasn't the case, then Sennheiser wouldn't bother to keep record of your individual drivers for matching incase they ever need repairing. If they all sounded the same then any hd800 driver would do! 

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6,019 of 28,989
  I personally think that there will be differences in hd800's. It stands to reason... No headphone is going to be identical, but its safe to say that the differences will vary.

The only headphone that I've owned a few of has been the K701.. The 3 that I've owned have all sounded different.. This is my only experience of this, but I have no reason to believe it will not be the same for all headphones. If this wasn't the case, then Sennheiser wouldn't bother to keep record of your individual drivers for matching incase they ever need repairing. If they all sounded the same then any hd800 driver would do!

Were the AKG's all new? I know my pair(s) changed pretty markedly throughout the eternal burn in requirement for them. Just sayin'.

-Daniel

Oct 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #6,022 of 28,989
Oct 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #6,023 of 28,989
Oct 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #6,025 of 28,989

Were the AKG's all new? I know my pair(s) changed pretty markedly throughout the eternal burn in requirement for them. Just sayin'.

-Daniel

***Yaaawwwwnnn** eeh sorry, I'm a bit tired.  Erm.. One was new and the other two were second hand. Suppose they al**yaawwwwn** Sorry, all had different hours on them.. Zzzzzzzzz... 

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #6,026 of 28,989
Oct 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #6,027 of 28,989
^^^ that was just a little jokey Daniel, you know I luv ye man^^^ 
ksc75smile.gif

Now back to sleep...

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #6,029 of 28,989
Lolz all around.

Niglejames-I really do intend on trying the M8 again in the near future. I could tell it was a fantastic amp-it was the M7's somewhat distant, 2D presentation that didn't mesh well at the time for me, with the already 'distant' presentation of the Senns. Definitely looking forward to pairing it again with the Eximus in the chain soon. Although I'll probably take a hard look at the Ragnarok at the same time, so we'll see. It really is nice to see you content for SO LONG with your AGD stack and various headphones-there's a lot to be said with that I think. Kind of like my ZDSE/HD800 combo was for the longest time.

-Daniel

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #6,030 of 28,989
What is it I heard somewhere that there's going to be a new flagship from Sennheiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back