The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #256 of 28,989
Thanks. I did gloss over that USA warranty. So, I do get the full 2 year warranty for a refurbished HD-800, right?

I think that I'll contact Crutchfield tomorrow for more information. I should be able to get them by the end of next month.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #257 of 28,989
** Remanufactured product warranties are only valid when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser reseller. Excludes any remanufactured Headphone, TeleCom Headset, or Bluetooth® product, which carry a 90-day warranty. Out of warranty TeleCom headset replacements have a 1 year warranty.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you glossed over that link.
Sennheiser:
Refurbished Products: Carry the standard warranty**

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #258 of 28,989
Quote:
So, why does Crutchfield list a 2 year warranty when Sennheiser lists a 90 day warranty for refurbished products? Which is it?

Best to check with Crutchfield maybe its really new product LOL I would think if they listing 2yr its probably two years but I would check. Crutchfield is a stellar mail order company and has a 60 day no questions asked return policy. Unheard of. I bought my Oppo BDP95 from them.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #259 of 28,989
Quote:
** Remanufactured product warranties are only valid when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser reseller. Excludes any remanufactured Headphone, TeleCom Headset, or Bluetooth® product, which carry a 90-day warranty. Out of warranty TeleCom headset replacements have a 1 year warranty.

So you get a 90 day standard warranty from Sennheiser, but a 2 year warranty from
Crutchdfield. That's bright!...

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #261 of 28,989
Quote:
That might be it. I guess if your refurbished pair breaks, they send you a new refurbished pair. :p

Haha!!! So essentially, it's a Sennheiser warranty- minus them fixing your broken pair. They just completely replace it....

Unless Crutchfield deploys their own maintenance team. 
blink.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #262 of 28,989
Quote:
So you get a 90 day standard warranty from Sennheiser, but a 2 year warranty from
Crutchdfield. That's bright!...

Quote:
That might be it. I guess if your refurbished pair breaks, they send you a new refurbished pair. :p

People, stop making stuff up.

My chat with Crutchfield agent

Quote:
Paul.: Welcome to Crutchfield Online Chat. How may I help today with your product selections and purchases?

Andrew : Hi Paul.

Andrew : Have question on the warranty on factory refurbished Sennheiser HD800

Andrew : What are the terms, is it 2 years from Sennheiser or just 90 days

Paul.: It has a 2 year parts and labor warranty from Sennheisher.

Andrew : Thanks Paul

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #263 of 28,989
So it's either Pauls word of Sennheiser's documented policy..

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #264 of 28,989
That's not enough information to really prove that it's actually 2 years warranty from Sennheiser, I hope you realize. We need a why and a how are they an exception since Senn clearly states it's 90 days for refurbished. For all we know, the agent can be just spouting out information on the site.
Quote:

People, stop making stuff up.

My chat with Crutchfield agent

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #265 of 28,989
Quote:
That's not enough information to really prove that it's actually 2 years warranty from Sennheiser, I hope you realize. We need a why and a how are they an exception since Senn clearly states it's 90 days for refurbished. For all we know, the agent can be just spouting out information on the site.

Agent's answer was okay for me, feel free to contact them if you need more information, they have live chat.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #266 of 28,989
Quote:
Quote:
I'm thinking about getting these from HeadRoom or Meier Audio for a reduced price. I had the HD-600 and HD-650 along with the HD-580 years ago, but I sold them over the years. My understanding is the HD-800 is a cut above all of those previous top of the line models from years ago. I know the Sennheiser house sound. But, I was wondering if it's worth getting them. Do I really need an aftermarket cable because they're quite expensive for an already expensive pair of headphones. I'm debating whether I need these at all, but I have a top of the line audio rig at home. Right now, I don't have any top of the line full sized headphones. So, maybe it will be worth it for me. I could get them in the next 3 months sometime in late June this year. Whether I do get them or not, we'll see. I listen to a lot of classical and opera music, but I do listen to Spotify with pop, rock, blues, jazz, and electronic dance music.

I'm also thinking about the Grado PS-1000 at this level, but I'm not sure if they're as neutral or accurate as the HD-800. I don't know if the PS-1000 would be a suitable alternative so I'd like to know the differences from people that own both of them.

Almost nothing is as neutral and accurate as HD800... It's the best measuring dynamic headphone available today. Huge soundstage, the most precise imaging ever, clear instruments separation and DETAIL.

That said, HD800 sound very different from HD650, for example...

I don't think you have to upgrade your cable since the stock one is REALLY GOOD and it is the only cable available on the market that will work with HD800 completely in the way Sennheiser intended. You should rather focus on pairing the phones with a suitable amplifier in order to get the tonal balance that will suite you tastes.

+1...I have both. The HD800 is the best I have heard (No Stax near me...probably a good thing!) However, I still love my HD650's. Just something about them that makes you happy to listen for hours. The stock cables are just fine. I upgraded the HD650's to get the most I could from them before I sprung for the HD800. Cables can make a difference, but I would max out your amps or DAC's first.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #267 of 28,989
I got a top of the line CD player and DAC and headphone amplifier right now. I don't have a top of the line full sized open headphone now.

How does the HD-800 compare to the PS-1000? Which is more accurate and neutral?

I have to think about either one pretty hard before I make a decision. I don't live near an audio dealer so I can audition them before getting either one.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #268 of 28,989
Quote:
How does the HD-800 compare to the PS-1000? Which is more accurate and neutral?

This isn't even close.  Grado hasn't been in the conversation now for an easy 5+ years.  Get the HD800 if that's your entire short list.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #269 of 28,989
Hey guys I bought my HD800 from Crutchfield last week for $1100 and when I registered for my frequency graph I was sent an email from Sennheiser stating that I would have 2 years warranty from the day I purchased it.  So the warranty is indeed two years from Sennheiser themselves.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #270 of 28,989
Quote:

Then you can order from headroom pay the 1500.00 and you can have your piece of mind. i believe Crutchfield but for the extra 400.00 get piece of mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back