The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jul 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1,036 of 1,098
Jul 26, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #1,038 of 1,098
  es500 surface is the same as glossy es700?

As far as I know, yes! The only difference should be driver and headband.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #1,039 of 1,098

I don't know anything about the value of the cable or the reliability of the site, but here is a better price for the ES700 from a trusted source:

http://www.amazon.com/audio-technica-EARSUIT-Portable-Headphones-ATH-ES700/dp/B009S334NK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406796181&sr=8-1&keywords=es700

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #1,040 of 1,098
  I don't know anything about the value of the cable or the reliability of the site, but here is a better price for the ES700 from a trusted source:

http://www.amazon.com/audio-technica-EARSUIT-Portable-Headphones-ATH-ES700/dp/B009S334NK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406796181&sr=8-1&keywords=es700

Which seller is the trusted seller?  It doesn't appear Amazon itself is selling it.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #1,041 of 1,098

Which seller is the trusted seller?  It doesn't appear Amazon itself is selling it.

You should come to a seller if you click the link I provided. Just buy from the seller who has good ratings and has sold a lot.

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #1,042 of 1,098
Well that is possiblity but looking through the thread judging by the amount of mods going on here with ES700 owners it seems people just don't feel the sound lived up to their expectations on the whole where their units prehaps defective as well ?? - not all of course  I mean why so much emphisis on modding them if they sound so good or they sound fine - wat's the need all about ?? ''Why fix something that isn't broken'' ??

I think many took it on the chin but very luckily I could return mine to Jp...

Some people state like 60-100 hours burn in before they sound good after you herd anything for 60-100 hours can start sounding better I only had 7 days with them !

In my view I would not recommend ES700's although I herd the ES 10's are much better wider sound stage heavy sounding bass but Audio Technica already dstroyed my impresions of altogether of their headphones as a company although I wish that was not the case but it is and I would not shell out more for potentially less again.

Hope you can respect my views on the ES700's. :)  

Dude, Ive had mine for a few days now and I am really wondering what the heck all the hype was about. While to me they don't sound overly bad or anything, they haven't wowed me at all. They aren't very engaging musically and sound kind of disjointed. The bass is too little. I would absolutely agree with you when you said these really ruined your expectations of AT products.

Compared to my Vmoda m80, they are more comfortable but they don't surpass them entirely in sound. I think the es700 does a few things better than the Vmoda's but also fail in a few areas as well.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,044 of 1,098
Audio Technica strengths is in its mids and vocals.

The driver itself is an enigma, because they chose to contain it in such cramped conditions,
all while "hiding" the fact that they are their most advanced 42mm driver made(!).

It had more potential than any other driver except the esw11.
Look at the specs.

So while it has great detail, it doesn't have that wow factor some are complaining about.

Similar issue happened with the Mikros90 until it was similarly exposed to show hidden potential. .
This happens more often than not when a manufacturer goes for profit.
Just look at the driver that AlphaDogs uses as an easy example(Fostex ).
So we can't blame Audio Technica really. ..

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,047 of 1,098
Driver implant I'm assuming.

You assume correctly :

Esw9 housing. .
esw10jpn pads..
interior modding..

Full range sound from deepest detailed bass to sweetest trebles probably the most impressive can in realism alongside my ed8 and that's one of reasons (edit: mainly for wedding fund ) why I sold/selling off all rest of my portables and I went thru too many to tell...(check my sig)

Right now my top portables are these and my Mikros90 and Onkyo 300 and AKG545...
Those are my recommendations. .

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,049 of 1,098
Driver implant I'm assuming.

You assume correctly :

Esw9 housing. .
esw10jpn pads..
interior modding..

Full range sound from deepest detailed bass to sweetest trebles probably the most impressive can in realism alongside my ed8 and that's one of reasons (edit: mainly for wedding fund ) why I sold/selling off all rest of my portables and I went thru too many to tell...(check my sig)

Right now my top portables are these and my Mikros90 and Onkyo 300 and AKG545...
Those are my recommendations. .

Any chance of an A/B with the ES700 stock and K545? I know you don't have them on hand because of the implants, but maybe you could do it from memory? I really am curious about the 545,but I've never owned an AKG product before. I would love to hear it before I buy, but I don't see how that's possible. Anything I can compare it to will help.

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #1,050 of 1,098
I don't get what it is your saying. Am I just not getting a joke or something? Are you saying jokingly that I should just buy an esw9?

sorry for the confusion but I am not joking.
I listed my top portable recommendations.

If you not happy with the es700 signature which is more mid centltered in stock form,
you should go for either the Onkyo or the AKG because they have a more balance signature in stock form.
Onkyo being more agressive,
And AKG being larger sweeter with larger soundstage yet less bass stock until put shure pads check thread.
And the esw9 has even more sweeter signature and a bit more laid back so maybe you would like those as they have more weight in bass over a es700 stock form..

Not many would go for the es700 wood mod I did so I didn't never posted it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back