The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #16 of 2,052
logowhite_1.png
The new name resonates with hi-fi. Aeon 2 looks really promising, can't wait for the (real)measurements. :k701smile:

Attachments

• logowhite_1.png
    logowhite_1.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #17 of 2,052
Color me interested. I'm in need of a closed-back.

I hope that it's efficient and portable!

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #20 of 2,052
Are the earpads real leather and are they easily to replace?

We actually use the highest grade synthetic, it's so much like lamb leather that most people (and a lot of reviewers) think it's leather. I noted headphone.guru made that error. They are easy to replace, they are attached by adhesive and peel off.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #23 of 2,052
@mrspeakers Any chance for a blue (or even black) version?

Regretfully no... Multiple colors = annoyed retailers and much more production overhead because inventory and production becomes more complex and costly. Also, we went through this with the Alphas. People asked for another color, black clearly was the choice in a survey we ran. Then black made less than 3% of our sales.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #24 of 2,052
Im loving the new design of the Aeon 2 but unfortunately im not really a fan of the colour scheme. I also would love a graphite or black option which has already been mentioned. Maybe a limited edition at some point in the future Dan?

I for one would be more than happy to pay a deposit up front like I did for the pre-order with the original Aeon closed. Just saying hint, hint

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #25 of 2,052
Regretfully no... Multiple colors = annoyed retailers and much more production overhead because inventory and production becomes more complex and costly. Also, we went through this with the Alphas. People asked for another color, black clearly was the choice in a survey we ran. Then black made less than 3% of our sales.

Im guessing the Aeons out sell/sold the Alphas by quite a margin? I understand the potential production overhead issue you mention but surely retailers have to overcome this same challenge with other companies/ranges?

Im not giving up on my stealth mode Aeon 2's that easily lol.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 2,052
Is there a graph where we can see both Aeon C Flow and Aeon 2? This would clarify a lot.

If I have time I will post something later today, but the thing to note is graphs will only give a sense of tone, it says nothing about resolution or soundstage. Right now we're transitioning the website off the old site so it'll be offline until about noon Pacific time.

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #29 of 2,052
If I have time I will post something later today, but the thing to note is graphs will only give a sense of tone, it says nothing about resolution or soundstage. Right now we're transitioning the website off the old site so it'll be offline until about noon Pacific time.
Yes, yes, just to see the tonality difference...as I mentioned earlier I'm a fan of the AFC in that regard.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #30 of 2,052
Website is down:

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Exception): Unable to proceed: the maintenance mode is enabled.

Exception #0 (Exception): Unable to proceed: the maintenance mode is enabled.
<pre>#1 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(&Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor#000000005860cd360000000072a848e1#) called at [index.php:39]
</pre>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back