The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #2,686 of 4,317
how much would you think the 8320s are worth then? if its better than all the $50 dollar ones?

i would've pegged them at least in the 70-80 range. So glad i got them for like 1/10 of my projected price
Quote:
I'm just posting to say I got a pair of these, and they certainly beat all the crappy sub $50 IEMs that consist of my previous IEM experience. I haven't even burned them in yet. As a non-audiophile, they certainly sound fine to me.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2,688 of 4,317
I do think these iems far exceed their asking price. I think the fit issues and comfort is what's putting people off. The so called hype is for real considering Jokers review of 7.5 and the high praise these have gotten in this thread. Whoever decides to buy a pair needs patience to fit these properly and understand that they are not comfortable. Do that and you'll be rewarded with great sound for your audio buying dollar (lol).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #2,689 of 4,317
I love these for electro and stuff, but in one album my girlfriend made me get (Imagine Dragons by Night Visions), and other albums like that, the vocals just don't come out, and it just doesn't feel right, is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT- Spelling

EDIT- I've also tried the tape mod

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #2,690 of 4,317
Does anyone who knows how to re-cable headphones know how to remove the screws from these without stripping them? If there stripped are the earphones still able to be taken apart? Also, is there a thread here that shows how to do this? Thanks!

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,691 of 4,317
Quote:
Does anyone who knows how to re-cable headphones know how to remove the screws from these without stripping them? If there stripped are the earphones still able to be taken apart? Also, is there a thread here that shows how to do this? Thanks!

They're not real screws. Just pry the body apart from the strain relief area.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #2,692 of 4,317
Quote:
I love these for electro and stuff, but in one album my girlfriend made me get (Imagine Dragons by Night Visions), and other albums like that, the vocals just don't come out, and it just doesn't feel right, is anyone else experiencing this?
EDIT- Spelling
EDIT- I've also tried the tape mod

If you are talking about harshness in the vocals, I have experienced that as well. As I mentioned, its almost a piercing sound to my ears.It has improved with burn-in time but I do still hear it on some tracks. I may be sensitive to that frequency. I guess shouting vocals are  above 4khz if I am understanding correctly.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #2,693 of 4,317
If you are talking about harshness in the vocals, I have experienced that as well. As I mentioned, its almost a piercing sound to my ears.It has improved with burn-in time but I do still hear it on some tracks. I may be sensitive to that frequency. I guess shouting vocals are  above 4khz if I am understanding correctly.

I haven't measured it, it's loud and all, but they just sound distant, sad cause it ruins these, but my Comply's are coming in tomorrow, hopefully they'll help...

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,698 of 4,317
I'm not really sure if I'd be experienced enough to know. I'm just now starting to get into the hi-fi, and certainly do not have enough money to be able to get higher quality iems, which usually break on me. I can say that I like how they sound better than other iems I've had, but that's not saying that much considering that my iem experience goes to about $20. If I had to put a price on it I'd be at least $50.

EDIT: I can definitely hear what people are saying about vocals though.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2,700 of 4,317
Thanks to Dsnuts and a few others for the suggestion for MEElectronics double flange tips.  http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-35-bk.htm

They work great as far as sound.  I have never heard the 8320 be so clear before.  The bass seems to have lightened up a little, but that is easily fixed with a little EQ tweeking.

The fit is not so great either.  The IEMs now stick out quite a bit, though does not bother the comfort too much, they just look even funnier in my ears now.  Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back