The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #1,427 of 4,317

Quote:
This is generally the EQ setting that I've used on almost all earphones.  They all seem to have that nasty spike in between 2K and 4K.  Doesn't make any sense to me, but I bring those ranges down every time. 

I've also hopped on this wagon, waiting for my pair.  Couldn't pass it up, and that braided cord looks great!

Yeah, I've found the same thing. What. The Monster Turbine Pro Coppers had this and so did the Atrio MG7. I'm crossing my fingers the Yamaha EPH-100 don't.

Um, about the cable.... it's a HUGE pain in the ass. It gets twisted and tangled very easily. (you are talking about the 8320 cable, right?)

Quote:
Karl.! Getting into earphones? What has the world come to. It must be the beginning of the end.

I hate to hijack my own thread but man I know one you would just absolutely love the sound of. You know why.?

Cus these @$31 sound like.. Get ready for it!! Drum roll.. And not the newer ones but the old ones with more bass. Once you get the MP8320. Get yourself a CKM50.. They even have a similar design. Lol!!

What IEMs are those? Who sells them? Is there a review thread on those yet? 

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #1,428 of 4,317
Dsnuts, I know you haven't let me down yet bro, so I had to snatch one of these up!  I did actually own the CKM50 over a year ago.  I've found that they unfortunately make me queasy at loud volumes - well that train never stops.  If they get loud and don't fatigue me, I keep the phones nowadays.

I'm still bumping the daylights out of those Crossfade LP's. I swear VModa put the auditory crack into those pairs.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #1,429 of 4,317
@kloan, yup I was referring to the 8320's.  I might be able to deal with them, I'll just be using them at work for a few hours, but thanks for the heads up.  Should I rock them around the ear or just let them drape?

Oh, and yes, the CKM50's sound exactly like the M50's.  The CKM70's (i think that's the number) that I owned too sound like the A700's with more bass.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #1,430 of 4,317

Quote:
@kloan, yup I was referring to the 8320's.  I might be able to deal with them, I'll just be using them at work for a few hours, but thanks for the heads up.  Should I rock them around the ear or just let them drape?

Oh, and yes, the CKM50's sound exactly like the M50's.  The CKM70's (i think that's the number) that I owned too sound like the A700's with more bass.

They're fine once you're wearing them.. it's just when they're wound up in a case or whatever... getting them untangled is a bit of a chore, the earpieces tend to get snagged on each other.

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,431 of 4,317

Quote:
Think these would be a worthy upgrade over my trusty old jvc ha-fx33 marshmellows?? 

I usually ride my bike with my zune and fiio e5 in my pocket, or just hanging out around with them. 

I have the FX-35 Marshmallows and the 8320s.  (Actually use the extra set of ear tips from the FX-35 for my 8320s).

As far as sound goes.  They are both very good and very clear.  I would say the Marshmallows are a little more bright and have a little less bass. 
I would not call the 8320s warm though.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #1,432 of 4,317
I know there are a few pictures of people wearing their 8320s. 

I just wanted to show how WELL they fit for me when wore this way:

The farther they are put into your ear canal, the larger the bass gets. 

I was listening to "Tron Legacy Soundtrack - Solar Sailer" last night
and my head felt like it was shaking with bass, it was awesome.

These little IEMs are just amazing.  My earphone of choice at the moment.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #1,434 of 4,317

Quote:
Lol! They almost look custom in your ears like that.. If you guys have a small portable amp.. Try them out with your MP8320. You guys will be pleasantly surprised.

Well, if you see the "L" for left there on the 8320, it seems it was meant to be worn that way?  Since the L is straight and upright?

I used my FiiO E6 with my 8320 and 5th Gen iPod Nano last night .  I actually liked it better without the amp.  The Amp seemed to take some of the bass away at the normal setting and too much on the "Bass Mode".

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,435 of 4,317
I just got my 8320 in the mail and immediately popped them in my ears and was completely blown away!  I was wearing my CK-50s this morning and I think I actually like these better.  At first they   are a little bit awkward how they go in your ear, but once they are in, its just awesome.

Listening to house, progressive, drum n bass, and some dubstep atm.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #1,436 of 4,317
Well, if you see the "L" for left there on the 8320, it seems it was meant to be worn that way?  Since the L is straight and upright?
Sure looks like it, especially given the shape of the housing. I wear it oriented this way but over the ear. You've probably got it right, given the direction of the strain relief.

I'm wearing mine more now, getting ready to say goodbye to its stock cable. And because I'm comfortable telling my wife what these cost.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,438 of 4,317

Quote:
Sure looks like it, especially given the shape of the housing. I wear it oriented this way but over the ear. You've probably got it right, given the direction of the strain relief.
I'm wearing mine more now, getting ready to say goodbye to its stock cable. And because I'm comfortable telling my wife what these cost.

haha :p
So I take it your re-cabling them?

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #1,439 of 4,317
Yeah, I have some reasonably-high strand count 28awg (I think) teflon SPC that I thought I would use for something else, but all my recent recables have called for thicker gauge. I have these MEP-933, they're handy but not worth much in light of their decent but not stellar SQ, I figure let's introduce them to each other.

Not the most flexible wire, but because I abhor the stock cable it couldn't get much worse. I get to add a chin slider too. Requests for this project, something you'd like to see happen?

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,440 of 4,317

Quote:
Yeah, I have some reasonably-high strand count 28awg (I think) teflon SPC that I thought I would use for something else, but all my recent recables have called for thicker gauge. I have these MEP-933, they're handy but not worth much in light of their decent but not stellar SQ, I figure let's introduce them to each other.
Not the most flexible wire, but because I abhor the stock cable it couldn't get much worse. I get to add a chin slider too. Requests for this project, something you'd like to see happen?

Make it so, with pics!

I am sure we would all like to see this done, and hear your opinion on the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back