The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3,077 of 4,317
Tried the foam comply tips with mine and am loving them. Go well with my Heir 4.A,i as a set for electronic music.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #3,078 of 4,317
Quote:
I agree, I removed the tape too.

You can also poke holes in the tape to adjust the soundstage and bass.  
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #3,079 of 4,317
not sure if its the comply tips or the actual burn in time,,,  i have had these for over a month and they are my main device for listening....    the bass is now awesome,,,  listening to official movie soundtracks,, INCEPTION,, TDKR,,,   i was shocked and had to look around a few times,, thought someone had crashed their car into my house...    no tape mod used

i noticed that these have a similar sound to my  Sennheiser H201's

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,080 of 4,317
Quote:
not sure if its the comply tips or the actual burn in time,,,  i have had these for over a month and they are my main device for listening....    the bass is now awesome,,,  listening to official movie soundtracks,, INCEPTION,, TDKR,,,   i was shocked and had to look around a few times,, thought someone had crashed their car into my house...    no tape mod used

i noticed that these have a similar sound to my  Sennheiser H201's

Foam tips do tend to inhance bass, at the price of a little treble. Burn-in is a very touchy topic, not going to comment on that.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #3,082 of 4,317
i will try to do an A/B compaison...  funny thing though my right ear doesnt get a good seal..

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #3,083 of 4,317
Quote:
I'm unsure about buying tips sight unseen. I want them to fit without hassle.

Get a mix pack, of either the T-Series (isolation) or the Comfort series. Just about how much you care about isolation. I can pretty much garuantee you that one of the sizes from either mix pack will fit.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #3,085 of 4,317
I've had mine for about a week now, and I have to say that they are pretty damn nice! I've never had a really great set of earbuds, but my music sounds great to me out of these, so I'm happy. I do enjoy nice sound though, and I have a nice set of older Polk Audio studio monitors at home and a full Image Dynamics set up in my car. Is only listen to blues and rock such as Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, Walter Trout, Buddy Guy, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, etc and occasionally some hip hop. The monoprices seem to handle all of this beautifully. They sound very neutral and natural, the separation is good, and I really noticed how large the soundstage was. It definitely doesn't sound like its funneled into your ears, but rather that the music is all around you. I am very happy with them!

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #3,086 of 4,317
Jan 19, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #3,087 of 4,317
Guys, Im to buy a set (or two) when/if my budget allows. Being on a very tight budget as a student, though also being a music lover and perhaps an budget-audiophile, I would like to know hów great they actually are.
I already contacted some head-fi members, and I got different responses. Some say they are great, others say they are not worth more than $20 (which they will cost me incl. shipping/piece). Others say -in this thread- they are good for the money ($7), but they would not pay more. 

So, do you recommend me to get those phones, or arent they as good as one would believe? Are they budget-hifi or a waste of money for such a poor student as I am?

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,088 of 4,317
No matter what, buying anything will be a risk since everyone has their own preferences and tastes. These may be even more of a risk because they are hard to get a good seal and most likely cost you more money with aftermarket ear tips. If your budget is super tight, you may want to try something else.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #3,090 of 4,317
So...no one has tried the new black model? They look to be made out of a ruberized plastic that may be more comfy!
Thoughts?
They haven't been in stock at Monoprice yet, so no one can buy them. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back