The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery
Jun 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #166 of 1,426
Just found this thread and was inspired to share by some of the amazing photography I've seen in these pages. Nice timing too given the little run of beautiful tubes above...

Edited to remove the more generic shots and just leave this one. Hope this makes the cut.
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #173 of 1,426
Hey everyone,

In the interest of maintaining this thread as true to its title, I've created a poll in which ten posts have been selected (by me), as candidates for removal.  At the end of the month, I will be asking the five "winners" to edit their posts, reducing them to a single "."

This thread is intended to be a place where members can find a collection of at least good photographs of Head-Fi gear, if not great photographs.  

As anyone who has ever competed in the arts knows, it's really tough getting judged by your peers, so don't feel too badly if I selected your post as a candidate.  There are plenty of other threads in which to post your photographs - but hang in there - your submission might survive the voting.  

I've included a couple of my own posts, just to make things "fair."  
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the posts listed in the poll are not hyper-linked, so you'll have to open a new tab, then cut and paste each one to have a look. Be careful to reset the checkbox after cutting and pasting if you don't really want to vote for that post.

Thanks!

Mike

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #174 of 1,426
  Hey everyone,

In the interest of maintaining this thread as true to its title, I've created a poll in which ten posts have been selected (by me), as candidates for removal.  At the end of the month, I will be asking the five "winners" to edit their posts, reducing them to a single "."

This thread is intended to be a place where members can find a collection of at least good photographs of Head-Fi gear, if not great photographs.  

As anyone who has ever competed in the arts knows, it's really tough getting judged by your peers, so don't feel too badly if I selected your post as a candidate.  There are plenty of other threads in which to post your photographs - but hang in there - your submission might survive the voting.  

I've included a couple of my own posts, just to make things "fair."  
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the posts listed in the poll are not hyper-linked, so you'll have to open a new tab, then cut and paste each one to have a look. Be careful to reset the checkbox after cutting and pasting if you don't really want to vote for that post.

Thanks!

Mike

I like the QC idea. But there's got to be a better way of doing the poll. It was pretty difficult/time consuming to actually copy and paste the links into the browser and go back to cross reference them to the images. 

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #176 of 1,426
If you put your pointer before the check box and swipe the whole line you can right click the highlighted line and open in a new tab with Firefox, should work as well in Chrome.

Switch to the new tab and have a look, close that tab which will bring you back to the vote tab and make your mark...

Do the same for the rest of the lines, no cut and paste needed.
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #177 of 1,426
I hear you, it is difficult. There doesn't seem to be a way to make the links "hot."

Any ideas would be welcome.

Have you tried to see what happens when you use the
tags or something similar?

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #178 of 1,426
here is one from a while ago

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #179 of 1,426
I see the rules suddenly changed.  Will save you the trouble as the changed idea is not something I'm overly keen on partaking in.  Both my posts removed.  Unsubbed.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #180 of 1,426
Actually, it's still a member-judged gallery, but speaking of rules, there were people who weren't following the rule to pull their own submissions in the absence of positive feedback - and I'm guilty of that myself, seriously.

I'm sorry to be losing subscribers, but if I don't do something to tighten up the quality of photographs, then I will feel compelled to change the title of the thread, even though I had originally chosen the words "Fine Art" with a little bit of tongue-in-cheek. 

I want to keep the image quality up, just the same, but this is not a moderated blog, and in the end, I would genuinely prefer this thread to be what the community as a whole most wants it to be - not what I want.  

I'm completely open to any suggestions.

Should I proceed with the poll or yank it?

Thanks,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back