"The Lab"
Oct 1, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #12,886 of 20,136
Okay, second order of business...

I've occasionally shared my experiences going to Chicago Head-Fi meets. One of my favorite things is getting to meet Zach from ZMF and try his headphones. We've chatted quite a bit. He's even stopped by the lab a few times to drop a couple lines. The poor guy might even subscribe if the thread didn't move at as fast of a pace as it does, LOL! Zach and I have discussed a opportunity to tour a pair of his cans. I've even gone as far as shooting some PMs to some of you guys to see if you would be interested.

At the last meet I attended, I fell in love with the Omni. Matter of fact I was doing an A-B comparison between them and what I consider to be the best headphone I've ever heard, the LCD3. While I do still feel the LCD3 was a little better, the Omni was no slouch! Tuning was similar, with the LCD3 being just a little bit sonically superior. 

Zach and I discussed pricing on them, and discussed what cups (different cups equal different sound) sounded best. I told him that if I were to guess which one would be most universally popular or TOUR, the best it would be the walnut cups. 

Well guys, I got an AWESOMESAUCE surprise the other day. Come to find out, Zach made a custom pair of cans for a Labster tour! Don't believe me? Check it out!

They are shipping to me as I type this. I just want to say that immediately upon hearing this I told him I'm buying them. There's a sentimental aspect and story behind these things that already makes them the most favorite pair of headphones I will have to date. I'm going to spend some time with them, write a review, and then tour them with my Labster buddies. 

If you are interested in getting a chance to sample these awesome cans, please drop me a PM. What I ask is that if you are interested, requirements are that you are a participant on the thread and have at least five reviews posted. I will give 10 days for each guy, with each guy responsible for shipping it to the next person on the list. Sorry guys, USA and Canada only due to shipping fees and waiting times. Guys, for this one I do ask that you post a review on them. I think Zach was very generous to provide us with this touring pair, that's the least we can do.

So, if you are interested in getting a shot at these beautiful beasts, drop me a line!

Cheers!

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #12,888 of 20,136
Aww, meng. You just couldn't use a spoiler tag on that, could you, Tamal
wink_face.gif

And welcome to the Canadian Shanling Triple Threat Tour, dude. You lucky Canadians are going to be getting M2, M3, and Vince's personal fave the H3 all at the same time. Woot, woot!!!

And yes that Meizu phone, whatever the heck it's called, looks pretty rad.

Isn't the tour only M2? M2, M3 AND the H3 will be included? NO way! Dude am stoked!!

Quote:

I've occasionally shared my experiences going to Chicago Head-Fi meets. One of my favorite things is getting to meet Zach from ZMF and try his headphones. We've chatted quite a bit. He's even stopped by the lab a few times to drop a couple lines. The poor guy might even subscribe if the thread didn't move at as fast of a pace as it does, LOL! Zach and I have discussed a opportunity to tour a pair of his cans. I've even gone as far as shooting some PMs to some of you guys to see if you would be interested.

At the last meet I attended, I fell in love with the Omni. Matter of fact I was doing an A-B comparison between them and what I consider to be the best headphone I've ever heard, the LCD3. While I do still feel the LCD3 was a little better, the Omni was no slouch! Tuning was similar, with the LCD3 being just a little bit sonically superior. 

Zach and I discussed pricing on them, and discussed what cups (different cups equal different sound) sounded best. I told him that if I were to guess which one would be most universally popular or TOUR, the best it would be the walnut cups. 

Well guys, I got an AWESOMESAUCE surprise the other day. Come to find out, Zach made a custom pair of cans for a Labster tour! Don't believe me? Check it out!

They are shipping to me as I type this. I just want to say that immediately upon hearing this I told him I'm buying them. There's a sentimental aspect and story behind these things that already makes them the most favorite pair of headphones I will have to date. I'm going to spend some time with them, write a review, and then tour them with my Labster buddies. 

If you are interested in getting a chance to sample these awesome cans, please drop me a PM. What I ask is that if you are interested, requirements are that you are a participant on the thread and have at least five reviews posted. I will give 10 days for each guy, with each guy responsible for shipping it to the next person on the list. Sorry guys, USA and Canada only due to shipping fees and waiting times. Guys, for this one I do ask that you post a review on them. I think Zach was very generous to provide us with this touring pair, that's the least we can do.

So, if you are interested in getting a shot at these beautiful beasts, drop me a line!

Cheers!

Wow man, that looks even more beautiful than I thought! Congrats :) PM Sent 

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #12,889 of 20,136

Cheers!

Also wanted to ask, how did the different cups sound? Were the differences pronounced?

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #12,890 of 20,136

Also wanted to ask, how did the different cups sound? Were the differences pronounced?

Darker wood (black wood) - More bass & slightly warmer
Lighter wood (Cherry) - slightly leaner
Middle wood (Walnut) - between black wood and cherry

IIRC

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #12,891 of 20,136

Darker wood (black wood) - More bass & slightly warmer
Lighter wood (Cherry) - slightly leaner
Middle wood (Walnut) - between black wood and cherry

IIRC

Cup rolling!!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #12,892 of 20,136
I am right here Vince none of this would be possible  if you didn't start this thread. I have been busy with daughters softball for the fall season, holy iem inventory. I am also backed up with reviews and can't find the time.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #12,894 of 20,136
Never really left Vince - know some of you guys too well by now.  

Pity we are so far away, or I'd be offering to tour some of my gear too.  Vince knows how expensive the freight is - and trust me, that is a genuine thought, not just window dressing.

Vince  - you are truly a gentlemen - magnanimous gesture.  Worthy of a standing O.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #12,900 of 20,136
   The poor guy might even subscribe if the thread didn't move at as fast of a pace as it does,

Hahahaha I actually read it semi-often.  Just more of a lurker.  I am subbbed!!!!!!!!!

I should have taken sexier pics of those phones for yah too.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back