"The Lab"
Aug 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #11,043 of 20,136
The X7 is going to be my first DAP and I am excited about the modular system, means I can get a balanced card with dual 3.5 trrs jacks.

Also, just received a loaner Oppo PM3 unit as part of their loaner program. Its my first time trying a planar headphone and loving it thus far. Definitely different from dynamic drivers.

The balanced module uses a ALO/RSA four pin balanced connection, not 3.5mm or 2.5mm TRRS. they are considering including a TRRS to Kobicon adaptor for the balanced module.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #11,044 of 20,136

Thats hot

Pretty sure Adam and Alex liked Audeze EL-8. I'd like to give those a listen!

Oh yeah those ones, will have to give those a listen. Closed back version right?

The balanced module uses a ALO/RSA four pin balanced connection, not 3.5mm or 2.5mm TRRS. they are considering including a TRRS to Kobicon adaptor for the balanced module.

3rd party people will be developing modules as well and some people are definitely planning to create dual 3.5mm balanced jacks :wink:

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #11,045 of 20,136
I would love to try some other closed back planars. Do you have a few suggestions? I am definitely interested in trying out some more planars

Closed back? Mr. Speaker Alpha Dogs or Alpha Prime (get 'em while they last) or LCD-XC.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #11,046 of 20,136

3rd party people will be developing modules as well and some people are definitely planning to create dual 3.5mm balanced jacks :wink:

Where did you hear this?

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #11,049 of 20,136
Closed back? Mr. Speaker Alpha Dogs or Alpha Prime (get 'em while they last) or LCD-XC.

Thanks for the suggestions will take a look into those. Too bad they are being discontinued, I hope he replaces them with better in house models. 

Where did you hear this?

Heard it from a little birdie :wink:  I don't mean to tease you like this but since it was an unofficial talk about the gear and their plans I was told to more or less keep their name out of it. I thought fiio had already announced that it will support third party modules as well? Imagine big name companies getting in on the action. Modules from ALO, Oppo etc. That would be pretty cool right?

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #11,055 of 20,136

Heard it from a little birdie :wink:  I don't mean to tease you like this but since it was an unofficial talk about the gear and their plans I was told to more or less keep their name out of it. I thought fiio had already announced that it will support third party modules as well? Imagine big name companies getting in on the action. Modules from ALO, Oppo etc. That would be pretty cool right?

Yes it would be a big boon. Win for the customer and win for third party manufacturers and win for FiiO.

Triple Win! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back