"The Lab"
May 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #6,376 of 20,136
Dunu, Fidue, and the new KZ stuff.

All winners!

Are you getting DN2000J?  I'm afraid it's going to be too bright.  Will wait for Paul's review, but I think from some impressions I read it could be too bright for my taste...  KZ - 100%!  Fidue, might take a little while, but I should get a chance to preview A73 sometime in a near future. Do you think it's on par with A83?  Better?

Btw, congrats on the front page!  Keep them coming brother!!!

May 21, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #6,377 of 20,136
Are you getting DN2000J?  I'm afraid it's going to be too bright.  Will wait for Paul's review, but I think from some impressions I read it could be too bright for my taste...  KZ - 100%!  Fidue, might take a little while, but I should get a chance to preview A73 sometime in a near future. Do you think it's on par with A83?  Better?

The dn2000j is a little rich for my blood. I'm swamped right now with review gears so I'm going to lay back and wait for initial reviews to come in on the 2000j

The A73 is an attached cable, and better ergonomic fit. Still no chin slider (grrrrrrrrr)

The sound is humongous with a bass tilt but not as severe as the A83.

It's a more neutral and audiophile version of the A83 IMHO.

May 21, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #6,378 of 20,136

smily_headphones1.gif
TWISTER? You are one of the people I count on for reviews....

Things are moving way too fast. I'm scared. Somebody hold me...

eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,379 of 20,136
I don't want to jump the gun, but the A73 might be the best sounding IEM I have. The extension, separation and balance is amazeballs.

My new mantra for when I'm tempted:

At least the a73 is pricey enough not to be an impulse purchase for me

I'm with you Mr Trev. Delta + Hyperion bargain pack ftw!!!

May 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,380 of 20,136
I'm with you Mr Trev. Delta + Hyperion bargain pack ftw!!!
I have no doubt the trinity stuff going to be really good, but I think even sensai Brooko will vouch for the A83, and soon enough the A73. After hearing the A83 I couldn't wait and had to spring for the A73. No regrets either that's for sure.

May 21, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #6,381 of 20,136
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't think I'm going to make it until my Delta gets here. Hisoundfi is dragging me down a Black Hole of "must haves".

Must.....Resist.....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #6,382 of 20,136
:) I don't think I'm going to make it until my Delta gets here. Hisoundfi is dragging me down a Black Hole of "must haves".

Must.....Resist.....

:D :D TWIN
You crack me up dude!

Cmon, you know you want that A73...Join me and we will rule the world! (for a couple weeks until the new stuff comes in) LOL

May 21, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #6,383 of 20,136
I have no doubt the trinity stuff going to be really good, but I think even sensai Brooko will vouch for the A83, and soon enough the A73. After hearing the A83 I couldn't wait and had to spring for the A73. No regrets either that's for sure.

Maybe when I'm gainfully employed again, I'll give A73 a shot! I have been curious to try out A83 :wink_face:

May 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #6,385 of 20,136
Surprised I haven't seen this thread before. Subbed.

Yes, the ED9 and ATE are awesome bargains for $10 each. Ditch the ATE memory foam tips though, they kill treble detail significantly.
Welcome friend, we've been waiting for you. Now, show us your lab (not labias)

May 21, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #6,386 of 20,136
  Surprised I haven't seen this thread before. Subbed.

Yes, the ED9 and ATE are awesome bargains for $10 each. Ditch the ATE memory foam tips though, they kill treble detail significantly.

I've actually been meaning to ask Hi what tips he's using but now I guess I'm asking both of you
rolleyes.gif
 Guess a set of ED9 tips would work eh?

May 21, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #6,387 of 20,136
  I've actually been meaning to ask Hi what tips he's using but now I guess I'm asking both of you
rolleyes.gif
 Guess a set of ED9 tips would work eh?

The ED9 tips work very well on the ATE.

JVC spiral dots end up being a bad fit, as the nozzle pushes itself nearly all the way through the tips.

Those Lunashop red core tips should work. Sony hybrids maybe.

May 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #6,388 of 20,136
Welcome friend, we've been waiting for you. Now, show us your lab (not labias)

Hahaha it's too embarrassing.

Two 5 drawer rubbermaid stands filled to capacity, plus a large brown box, plus anything visible on display on stands.

Despite all of that, only the AKG 7XX, Dunu Titan 1, and these new KZs get any play time. It's just wrong. lol. Only the strong survive.

May 21, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #6,389 of 20,136
The ED9 tips work very well on the ATE.

JVC spiral dots end up being a bad fit, as the nozzle pushes itself nearly all the way through the tips.

Those Lunashop red core tips should work. Sony hybrids maybe.
I use Sony hybrids on the ed9 with brass filters. That's an epic combination.

I use wide bore tips (Lunashops red/gray) with the ATE. The ATE really needs wide bore tips to sound it's best.

May 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #6,390 of 20,136
I use Sony hybrids on the ed9 with brass filters. That's an epic combination.

I use wide bore tips (Lunashops red/gray) with the ATE. The ATE really needs wide bore tips to sound it's best.

Me thinks the stock PFE tips are the widest I have. You tried them yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back