"The Lab"
Mar 13, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #16,967 of 20,136
Check out my weekends rig guys! It's a special one!

Ibasso DX80
"Hisoundfi" handmade braided cable
wink.gif

Prototype ZMF Omni-D Dynamic driver headphones!

Who wants the D?

Looks really classy : ) 

Which was the cable used to make the braided cable, if you don't mind? Braiding is on point btw. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #16,968 of 20,136
  Looks really classy : ) 

Which was the cable used to make the braided cable, if you don't mind? Braiding is on point btw. 

It's the stock ZMF cable, disassembled, braided, twisted, then put back together. Took almost two hours to put a dooky mess braid on there like that, but turned out great! Just gotta clean up some of the hot glue I put in the joints. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #16,969 of 20,136
Check out my weekends rig guys! It's a special one!

Ibasso DX80
"Hisoundfi" handmade braided cable
wink.gif

Prototype ZMF Omni-D Dynamic driver headphones!

Who wants the D?

Nice. How you liking the DX80? When I last ventured into that thread (long ago), people were still complaining about the exact same issues the dx50 had.

I was thinking about trying to braid the cable on the Havis, strangely enough. My clumsy man-hands probably wouldn't allow it though
wink_face.gif

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #16,970 of 20,136
Nice. How you liking the DX80? When I last ventured into that thread (long ago), people were still complaining about the exact same issues the dx50 had.

I was thinking about trying to braid the cable on the Havis, strangely enough. My clumsy man-hands probably wouldn't allow it though:wink_face:
I've got the latest firmware and haven't had any hiccups yet. I really like how responsive this thing is, and for the price feel it's a fabulous little device. I usually don't like DAPs that lack WiFi, Bluetooth or streaming options but this little guy had plenty of power, sexy design and responsive functionality. It's simple, fun to use and sounds excellent.

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #16,971 of 20,136
I think iBasso nailed the touch/button layout this time round. The wide screen format of the dx50 just didn't seem like a good idea to me. Hoping Fiio will use a similar layout for their "transport"

None of the thumps/pops or whatever I was reading about either?

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #16,973 of 20,136
I think iBasso nailed the touch/button layout this time round. The wide screen format of the dx50 just didn't seem like a good idea to me. Hoping Fiio will use a similar layout for their "transport"

None of the thumps/pops or whatever I was reading about either?
Nope, not yet anyways.

wait a minute...... aren't omnis Planar? Is that a new driver??

Dayayayayayayayaa! :)

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #16,978 of 20,136
4 out of 5 oncologists and brain surgeons recommend blue tooth equipment and daily exposure to microwaves.....

It's much more effective if you just stick the entire head in the Microwave and hit "quick defrost".....

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #16,980 of 20,136
No I'm saying I would not use them period. I don't even use my cellphone near my head for any length of time. I am firmly convinced that within the next 20 years you are going to see a tremendous surge in the ampunt of Tumors and other brain related diseases due to exposure to various forms of radiation emitted by cellphones and related equipment.

Just my crackpot opinion.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back