The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Jun 29, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #8,072 of 8,352
  Are the WS55 pads over ear or on ear? can anyone provid a link as to where to purchase these pads?

Over ear and you have to get them from audio-technica Service

PARTS:
To check parts availability, price or to order parts, you may email PARTS@ATUS.COM or call Parts at 330-686-2600 ext. 5002. If the line is busy please leave a message. We do get back to you as promptly as possible.

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #8,074 of 8,352
So, now that almost 2 years have past since this thread was started, are people still enjoying the S500's or has everyone moved on to other things?  I'm thinking about selling my Mikros 90 and picking up a set of these.  The bass on the 90s just doesn't do it for me.

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #8,075 of 8,352
Then we should trade, my excellent condition Gunmetal S500's with original packaging and a very nice naugahyde carry pouch for your 90's.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #8,076 of 8,352
  So, now that almost 2 years have past since this thread was started, are people still enjoying the S500's or has everyone moved on to other things?  I'm thinking about selling my Mikros 90 and picking up a set of these.  The bass on the 90s just doesn't do it for me.

I'm still enjoying mine. 
I'm thinking about picking up another set because I miss the stock sound signature.

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #8,077 of 8,352

Still using it,but it retire as a home headphone haha.Have Yamaha EPH-100 replace as my portable gear. Btw,some out of topic question, I was looking for a Fiio DAC and AMP Combo, around the price range of 175USD. Currently looking at E17 and E18. Not sure which to choose..

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #8,078 of 8,352

I cant speak for those who got these 2 years ago since i just recently ( 1 month or so ) discovered the S500 when browsing the headfi site. Being in China at the time with my family i looked them up on taobao ( does help that my wife is a chinese citizen ) i ordered one. If i remember correctly they where 269 yuan incl domestic shipping. 44 dollar about and included a audio technica hardcase and extra real leather pads.

For me they are pretty awsome and hold their own against most of the headphones in my collection. So yes, i do belive many still enjoy these although fotm is always precent.

Best regards.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #8,079 of 8,352
For me they are pretty awsome and hold their own against most of the headphones in my collection. So yes, i do belive many still enjoy these although fotm is always precent.

Best regards.

Just curious, what are some of the other headphones in your collection?

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #8,080 of 8,352

Just curious, what are some of the other headphones in your collection?

Currently i have Kef M500, Sennheiser HD 600 ( soon renovating a pair of HD580 also ), Grado SR80i, Nuforce HP800, Bose OE2, Goldring DR100, AiAiAi Step, Philips Downtown, Havi B3 pro 1, Xiaomi Pistons, Sennheiser MM450-X, Denon AH-D1100 and a pair that i couldn't find from beyerdynamic and one from panasonic….i think. Just bought a nice pair of Denon AH-D2000 which hopefully will arrive this week.

Far from the most exclusive collection i know :)

Best regards

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #8,081 of 8,352

Still using them. Every day. I do admit though they're kind of my "throw around" headphone and I do feel bad for mistreating them. They can sure take a beating though. They fell from me A LOT, and there's no scratches or breaks anywhere. I'm even starting to think these are water-resistant. :D accidentally spilled water on them a couple of time and nothing happened to them. Honestly to me the S500 is like the Nokia 3310 of headphones. Now that I have over 800 hours on them, the sound has really changed from when I first got them. I do miss the old sound, and although it was less refined, it was a bit more fun that it is now.

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #8,082 of 8,352
Still using them. Every day. I do admit though they're kind of my "throw around" headphone and I do feel bad for mistreating them. They can sure take a beating though. They fell from me A LOT, and there's no scratches or breaks anywhere. I'm even starting to think these are water-resistant. :D accidentally spilled water on them a couple of time and nothing happened to them. Honestly to me the S500 is like the Nokia 3310 of headphones. Now that I have over 800 hours on them, the sound has really changed from when I first got them. I do miss the old sound, and although it was less refined, it was a bit more fun that it is now.
^This, these are the only headphones I'll feel safe shoving in the bottom of a 10 pound backpack I tthrow around all day, fall on the ground a lot, take on car rides and to school and camps, etc... These are definitely keepers, though I have been wanting to try a brighter sound, the new Grado SR80e grabbed my attention well, the SR80i was a can I've always wanted so can anyone compare the SR80x to the JVCs?

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #8,083 of 8,352

Currently i have Kef M500, Sennheiser HD 600 ( soon renovating a pair of HD580 also ), Grado SR80i, Nuforce HP800, Bose OE2, Goldring DR100, AiAiAi Step, Philips Downtown, Havi B3 pro 1, Xiaomi Pistons, Sennheiser MM450-X, Denon AH-D1100 and a pair that i couldn't find from beyerdynamic and one from panasonic….i think. Just bought a nice pair of Denon AH-D2000 which hopefully will arrive this week.

Far from the most exclusive collection i know :)

Best regards

Dear slowpickr its your turn now.... 
popcorn.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #8,084 of 8,352
  Dear slowpickr its your turn now.... 
popcorn.gif

LOL. He's got me beat.  Actually, I decided to go a different direction.  I've never had a truly open set of headphones.  So, I put the Mikros up for trade in the classifieds for a set of Sennheiser HD518s which are comparable in price right now.  Thus far, no offers for a trade.  Did have someone interested in purchasing them (nothing finalized yet though). 

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #8,085 of 8,352

LOL. He's got me beat.  Actually, I decided to go a different direction.  I've never had a truly open set of headphones.  So, I put the Mikros up for trade in the classifieds for a set of Sennheiser HD518s which are comparable in price right now.  Thus far, no offers for a trade.  Did have someone interested in purchasing them (nothing finalized yet though). 

lol - i mean LOL - from europe  (yoou know the place betwenn atlantic water  and asia....) 
wink_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
tongue.gif
  llrnr !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back