The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #5,628 of 8,352
try searching the thread
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #5,630 of 8,352
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #5,632 of 8,352
is there a way to reduce sound leakage? i need to use these in quiet areas with other people (school) and the leak is kinda bad
hm5 pads. :wink:

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #5,636 of 8,352
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.
I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #5,637 of 8,352
Quote:
I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?

I was a nonbeliever about cables changing the sound, but after I got a custom Vero 150 cable with my Goldring DR150, the change was substantial.
The degree of difference is different though between cables and headphones. A lot of headphones already do come with good cables so upgrading cables wouldn't make a lot of difference. Good rule of thumb: if you can't notice it, don't waste your money on it.

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #5,639 of 8,352
hey @sofastreamer, does masking tape effect the bass that much when tape modding? i tried it and im wondering if i should do scotch tape and im dont feel like cutting little strips of tape again.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #5,640 of 8,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back