The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Jan 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #4,054 of 8,352
Dsnuts you should try the ath Velours (if you still have them) with the Hm5 pads over them and with the tape mod, then tell us how it is 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #4,055 of 8,352
In theory it should be very similar to using just the stock pads and the HM5 pads like I am using now but let me test that tomorrow. Will post results when I get to my place of business.

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #4,057 of 8,352
Just a bit more comfy also huh?

Still got enough bass for you? (plenty for me)

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #4,058 of 8,352
Quote:
Just a bit more comfy also huh?
Still got enough bass for you? (plenty for me)

Oh silly WAYNE, there is never enough BASS!!!  I would prefer more, but they sound "right" and it's a bit different from their normal sound siggy. Still testing/ trying to put my finger on how to describe it. More to come.
popcorn.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #4,061 of 8,352
I also received the HM5 pads just now. I don't need any other pair of headphones.

Bigger soundstage is the first moment impression.
I'm using them over the stock pads and I can't feel anymore any pressure on my ears also I don't have any contact through the HM5.

S500+HM5=Sound coming from somewhere but you can't be sure if you're wearing headphones

For those that are afraid that bigger pads will not be comfortable with glasses, you should definitely try them, it's way better than stock pads on that aspect since the softer HM5s don't push your glasses.

If I could find a way to secure them into position without waiting for 1 month the O-rings that cute suggested that would be great!
I will post pictures soon but not now I can't take them of my ears!

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #4,062 of 8,352
I should be receiving my ATH pleathers tomorrow or Monday but with all the positive feedback of the HM5 pads I had to order those too. For 9 bucks I'm just obliged to try those. Anyway, I just can't believe people are ordering O-rings from ebay and waiting weeks to get them. I guess people have become so used to buying online that they forgot there are real stores. Seriously - just check the plumbing sections of your local hardware stores - they'll have insane amount of different-sized O-rings for a dollar or less.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #4,063 of 8,352
I ordered the HM5 pads, the rings, and the ELE DAC. I can't wait to get these pads! I'm also looking forward to owning my first DAC.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #4,064 of 8,352
OK, so I just received the ATH pleathers. Did anyone else receive them in a soaking wet package. It's like someone dropped the carton package in a puddle and didn't want to deal with explaining what happened, so just put that wet package in a sealed plastic bag, snapped on a Chinese stamp and sent it like that. 

edit: Anyway, the pads are fine. They are more comfortable but after listening so much to the stock pads these sound very bass light. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #4,065 of 8,352
Quote:
Anyway, I just can't believe people are ordering O-rings from ebay and waiting weeks to get them. I guess people have become so used to buying online that they forgot there are real stores. Seriously - just check the plumbing sections of your local hardware stores - they'll have insane amount of different-sized O-rings for a dollar or less.

This.  In the States my local Ace Hardware has these 0-rings, along with 20-30 other sizes.  Some places don't have hardware stores, I guess, so you may have to order them online.

The O-ring works, not all that good, though.  Pads stay on better, still a little bit floppy and can come off.  Sound and comfort level makes up for any inconvenience. 

It does lose a little bit of bass, so for me the stock pads sound best, since they're the most bass-heavy of the pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back