The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 509
[size=large]The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor[/size]

And the high-end custom IEM (in-ear monitor) market continues to heat up, with the release of JH Audio's upcoming JH16 Pro. JH Audio will soon be officially announcing the JH Audio JH16 Pro, an eight-driver, three-way, triple-bore custom IEM (in-ear monitor) that will be priced at $1149.00. The JH16 Pro will be available beginning March 1, 2010.

According to JH Audio...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH Audio
"Inside the 16, JH Audio’s proprietary single dual high, single dual mid and double dual low drivers terminate into a triple bore. This triple bore allows us to double the low frequency drivers for lower distortion, increased headroom and greater detail and accuracy in the low frequencies."

From Jerry Harvey...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Harvey
This earpiece [the JH16] was originally targeted at the professional touring market but throughout the design process and beta testing, the live engineer feedback was that a more accurate response with extra low frequency capacity was needed in the market. I continued to refine the crossover to make it extremely accurate; the result is a earpiece that will please the most discriminating Audiophile or performer.

Jerry Harvey first told me of the JH16 Pro quite some time ago (and we discussed it again this morning), and the impression I get is that the JH16 Pro will have a sound signature not unlike the JH13 Pro, but with a bit stronger bass emphasis.

I have not heard the JH16 Pro yet, but, in the next few weeks, JH Audio will be sending me a prototype sample of the JH16 Pro, and I'll let you know what I think of it then.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 509
When are the 12 driver customs coming out? Double dual high, double dual mid, and double dual low drivers
tongue_smile.gif

Just when UE announced the 6 driver UE18, JH quickly does a one up with two more drivers and a triple bore config.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 509
Now it's Westone's turn - ES10X with triple high, quad mid and triple low!
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 509
Wow!
First the UE18 Pro yesterday and today the JH15 Pro. Great days for high end portable rigs...
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is a single dual driver??

2 drivers in a single enclosure as opposed to each driver having it's own enclosure.

US Patent 7194102 - In-ear monitor with hybrid dual diaphragm and single armature design

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaime: So it is better than JH13 and only cost 50$ more?

++ It indeed seems like the difference in price is too small, considering that JH16 has two extra drivers.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #13 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaime: So it is better than JH13 and only cost 50$ more?

Both Jaime and Jerry (and any other employee of JHA for that matter) aren't allowed to contribute impressions to this thread per Head-Fi's rules governing MOT's. I'm sure there will be plenty of user-impressions soon enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back