The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #6,781 of 9,235
I see you are from NJ too. Did you go to one in Union NJ. It is displayed on the left side (of the headphone/earphone section)  as you enter through the middle of the store (opp. the cage where they stock the extras)

I am from Bridgewater and here they didnt have them on display. I was looking for a 50'' plasma TV. They didnt have it, So I drove to Union & there was only 1 remaining today. When I posted couple of days ago there were 3.

I already bought 2 (at different months), cause I love their sound when paired with my walkman.

I went to the Princeton store on 1.

Gave up, went home and bought a pair off of ebay for $40 or so.

Kind of curious to compare them to my XBA-3 and 4, skipping the  XBA-2's as I read in a review that the 1's actually sound better. 

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #6,782 of 9,235
Quote:

Oh mate, you will love them, UE's signature generally are made for EDM, TF10's mid is a bit recessed, but UE700 is not recessed, bass is not basshead level but will hit when it's called upon (listen to some of Nic Chagall's tunes or remixes, or even A&B's stuff, you will know what I mean) - bass is superb, tight and no bleed, the bass is similar to TF10's but just marginally less impact, treble is good too, not as extended as TF10, but at the same time it is nowhere as bright as B2

The overall signature I would say is balanced with a very slight U curve, and you can wear this for hours and hours without any discomfort whatsoever

ah DAMN, i ordered a set of the turbine golds a few hours ago, but i do like my bass, had to sell some etys cause of the lack of bass, but ive been very happy so far with my HD25s, Miles Davis tribute (reason i got the golds), and Westone 3. have you heard any of these?  where do the UE700s fall?  I actually am going to be returning my vmoda m80s because i dont feel there is enough clarity in the highs, hoping the m100 will outshine these if not will be returning these as well and keeping the HD25.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6,783 of 9,235
Quote:

I went to the Princeton store on 1.

Gave up, went home and bought a pair off of ebay for $40 or so.

Kind of curious to compare them to my XBA-3 and 4, skipping the  XBA-2's as I read in a review that the 1's actually sound better. 

XBA 2 & 4 are missing from my list. I intend to get them when there's a reasonable drop in prices.

comparing XBA1 with 3, I liked the one better, more so because of the comfort. The seal was perfect and the bass was more forward compared to the 3. The accessories are the same except the 1 comes with a pouch.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #6,784 of 9,235
Quote:
I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

Not online.....

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #6,785 of 9,235
I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

I checked the Best Buy by where I live and they don't carry them. I checked online and Best Buy only carries the XBA-2 and 3. Could you post Best Buys SKU number for them if you get a chance to?

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #6,786 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[size=11pt]The MEE What? Promotion:[/size]

For the MEE What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16 in-ear earphone in one of two colors (regular price: $19.99)
  2. M6 Sport in-ear earphone (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31 in-ear earphone in one of four colors (regular price: $34.99)
  4. [size=12pt][size=12pt]Grand Prize: A151 in-ear earphone[/size] (regular price: $74.99)*[/size]

[size=11pt]The MEE "P" What? Promotion:[/size]

For the MEE "P" What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16P in-ear earphone with mic/remote in one of two colors (regular price: $24.99)
  2. M9P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $39.99)
  4. [size=12pt]Grand Prize: A161P Hi-Fi in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $99.99)*[/size]

Bummer.......got the garbage M16 and they charged me $4.00 freight which actually makes them more expensive then can be bought elsewhere.
I'll see if I can return them which will cost another $2 or so. I'll think about the $6.00 as a pull on the slot machine in which I did not hit.

All sales final.

I ordered the UE700, thought about it for about an hour, and then proceeded to cancelling. I'm thinking of re-ordering it... :)

I got an M6 and an M31.  No grand prize but I can't complain.  I knew I had a rat's ass chance of getting the grand prize, so I also jumped on that A151 lightning deal Amazon had a few days ago.  Now seriously thinking about the UE 700 as well.

How'd everyone else make out?

EDIT:  oops, wrong models, all fixed now.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #6,787 of 9,235
Quote:

I got an M6 and an M31.  No grand prize but I can't complain.  I knew I had a rat's ass chance of getting the grand prize, so I also jumped on that A151 lightning deal Amazon had a few days ago.  Now seriously thinking about the UE 700 as well.

How'd everyone else make out?

EDIT:  oops, wrong models, all fixed now.

LOL I did the exact same thing, but i also bought one more of the random "P's".

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #6,788 of 9,235
Quote:

LOL I did the exact same thing, but i also bought one more of the random "P's".

Yeah, safe bet is safe. 
smile.gif
The odds of getting a grand prize were slim at best.  Probably won't get to even hear them for a while though.  So many cans coming in this season... got an M-80 just sitting here (in Amazon's shipping box) for three weeks now.  Haven't even opened it yet.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #6,789 of 9,235
... got an M-80 just sitting here (in Amazon's shipping box) for three weeks now.  Haven't even opened it yet.

Must be nice :D
Sounds like a first world problem!!

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #6,790 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:
... got an M-80 just sitting here (in Amazon's shipping box) for three weeks now.  Haven't even opened it yet.

Must be nice
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a first world problem!!

I've got a whole bunch of backlogged reviews to post.  So I'm saving all the Mees, the M-80, a custom Grado, and an HE-5LE for later auditioning... as a reward to myself for finally posting the half dozen reviews that I should have posted a month ago.  Using them as motivation. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #6,791 of 9,235
Quote:

I've got a whole bunch of backlogged reviews to post.  So I'm saving all the Mees, the M-80, a custom Grado, and an HE-5LE for later auditioning... as a reward to myself for finally posting the half dozen reviews that I should have posted a month ago.  Using them as motivation. 
biggrin.gif

Five brand new 'phones?  Yeah, that's motivation!

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #6,792 of 9,235
Quote:
Five brand new 'phones?  Yeah, that's motivation!

Yup!  Not that I'm procrastinating or anything.  I've just been busy lately like you wouldn't believe.  Still, every little extra bit of motivation helps keep my productivity up.

And like I said earlier, I am SERIOUSLY thinking of adding the UE 700 to that list.  Oh this hobby of ours, it will be the death of me one day.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #6,793 of 9,235
Argh:
So between the Shure SE215, Klipsch X10 and UE700, all around the same price point which one would you keep? I currently have unopened Shure and Klipsch and love my triple fi, but now see these for $75, Want to pull the trigger but not sure...sigh.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #6,794 of 9,235
Quote:
Argh:
So between the Shure SE215, Klipsch X10 and UE700, all around the same price point which one would you keep? I currently have unopened Shure and Klipsch and love my triple fi, but now see these for $75, Want to pull the trigger but not sure...sigh.

If you decide to not open the Kips X10 ( I assume you got them when they were on sale for $75) would you consider selling them to me for what you paid plus shipping? If not, no worries only asking.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #6,795 of 9,235
Argh:

I was wondering about the difference between the UE 700 and the X10 as well since there're both dual drivers. From what I've read, I think the X10 has more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back