The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #4,141 of 18,652
  I'd happily go back to v1.6, as I thought it sounded better, my ears weren't as pin point accurate as Rudi's though in detecting changes. 
tongue.gif

The problem with v1.6 is that curse of a 'volume bug 'which v1.2 appears to have cured. I will not go back to bugged out volume.

we'll soon have newer firmware update so maybe that will sound (hopefully) better than the previous versions? :D and if they fix some more bugs with it, that would be  a treat :D

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #4,142 of 18,652

we'll soon have newer firmware update so maybe that will sound (hopefully) better than the previous versions? :D and if they fix some more bugs with it, that would be  a treat :D

My exact thoughts. Bigger better faster stronger. Firmware: 007 is upon us!

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4,143 of 18,652
Since 3 Days i have tried to install The latest firmware 1.2.0 to Upgrade My firmware 1.1.6
After i done The comparison between these 2 firmware during 3 Days , i have decided to Go back to
Firmware 1.1.6

Fw 1.1.6
High : more extended , fresh and better Speed and better pronounce
Mid : more Clear and Clean and i find more Live
Bass : better detail , more Clear and clean and better bass impact
The bass going to Low Without distorsion.
Soundstage : wider and deeper
Separation : better separation that We can detect The sanger and The instrument
More accurate
Bacground : better black background more clean SQ
Fw 1.2.0
High :smoother For Me The Speed slower than fw 1.1.6
Mid : Sound more analog , For My taste to thick and not as clean
And Clear compare fw 1.1.6
Bass : to Boomy more subwoofer bass than mid bass , less bass impact
Soundstage : i feel all so narrow
Separation : is not as Good fw 1. 1. 6
Not so Clear that it is not so Easy to detect individual instrument
Background : more noise Floor than fw 1.1.6

This is For The 2nd Time i tried fw 1.2.0
I give Up , i Love fw 1.1.6 more

Please try use headphone out pair With external amp or direct you can hear The SQ different

My IMO

+1

I totally agreed with you. :)

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #4,144 of 18,652
For anyone that preordered recently from Mp4nation, they just upgraded the included earphones for the next batch to the new Brainwavz R3, which retail on their own for 110 bucks.  Its enough of a deal that I feel much better about the quirkiness I know I will have to put up with.  The deal however is too good to pass up now imo.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #4,147 of 18,652
  For anyone that preordered recently from Mp4nation, they just upgraded the included earphones for the next batch to the new Brainwavz R3, which retail on their own for 110 bucks.  Its enough of a deal that I feel much better about the quirkiness I know I will have to put up with.  The deal however is too good to pass up now imo.

only thing is, the three times I ordered from mp4nation I ended up waiting 2 months the first time, 1 month the other two orders. But they always offer great deals, so I always end up going  back 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #4,148 of 18,652
Oct 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #4,150 of 18,652

So I didn't go mad :/

I can swear I heard the same when upgraded :| especially the noise being a little more. I even posted about it somewhere here....

Please try it again , I am sure you can hear the SQ difference
Fw 1.2.0 for me to mid and low bass body , boomy , less clarity and harsh
Fw 1.1.6 more clarity , better and clear mid , better bass impact and detail , better music separation
I have tried direct hp out , SQ dx 50 with fw 1.2.0 below my Samsung Note 3
With fw 1.1.6 on par only different sound character .
My IMO

I'd happily go back to v1.6, as I thought it sounded better, my ears weren't as pin point accurate as Rudi's though in detecting changes. :p  

The problem with v1.6 is that curse of a 'volume bug 'which v1.2 appears to have cured. I will not go back to bugged out volume.

We are all the same here , you and every body can detect easy about the SQ different
Specially the clarity and bass impact .

I hope at least SQ like fw 1.16 with less Bugs :D

My exact thoughts. Bigger better faster stronger. Firmware: 007 is upon us!

I hope too like James Bond 007 :D

+1

I totally agreed with you. :)

Thank you we are in the same boat :D

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #4,153 of 18,652
The DX50/BH2 Combo Rocks

The DX50 has been bugging me for a while in that it sounds really good with great clarity and detail and even some texture, but is lacking in dimension making it feel flat, analytical/digital (in a bad way), and without any emotional quality. Even worse, the sound completely falls apart at lower listening levels with my better headphones. After reading about other's positive experience with the C&C BH2, I decided to try it again and wow, did that little guy ever cure the DX50's issues. However, I found that I had to use the correct HP to be able to take advantage of its strengths.

HD595: With my HD595 there was really no difference. Apparently while the HD595 excels at bringing out full detail, texture, and sub bass for optimal low level listening at night, it lacks the ability to use the additional power to transform the sound at higher listening levels.

Hidition NT6 Pro: Using my Hidition NT6 Pro, it was a day and night difference. Now I can feel the music with added dynamics - the bass and sub bass pops out as 3D with emotion playing off the sounds around it, the texture really pops across the spectrum, and even the midrange is sweeter and more lush. The BH2 allows the full extension on both sides of the spectrum that both the DX50 and NT6 Pro are capable. This combo also allows full dynamics at lower listening levels, although it really shines at moderate to high listening levels.

LCD2: Unfortunately, I have a short in the left side of my stock cable so I was unable to test with the combo, but the BH2 drives the LCD2 well using my C3 so I expect it to work well with the DX50 as well. I will update when I get my new Artemis Cables "Arrow" cable that is coming later this week.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #4,154 of 18,652
Rudi, do you have a top ten favorite "line out, amp only" pairings with the DX50 in order of preference - maybe SQ rating scaled 1 to 10 for perspective? Do you have the BH2, and if so, where would it fit on the list?

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #4,155 of 18,652
Can someone who have bought from MP4Nation.net confirm if the warranty will be valid? Are they legit iBasso reseller ?
I have sent email to both parties and waiting for an answer.
(Meanwhile I have cancelled my order with iBasso and ordered with MP4Nation) I just couldn't resist that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back