The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #4,097 of 18,652
Does anyone know if the 1.2 version of firmware coming installed on the 5th batch units is the same as the version people are using on pre 5th batch units. Also, if you have received a unit with version 1.2 preinstalled are you having issues with the unit randomly freezing.

I have 5th Batch v .2 factory installed.

I did have freezing today when I tried to play Horace Silver Songs for My Father in 24/192.  Completely froze and had to remove the battery.

However, I think it is the files for that particular album, because I tried other albums and they all played fine.  Then, when I went back to Horace Silver, it froze again.  Twice more.

I will reload the files tonight when I get home and see if that changes anything.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #4,099 of 18,652
Sometimes it's not about the latest and greatest but what your ears tell you when listening.  Love the combo of DX 50 ad C & C BH2 because it works. Open and rich with full size headphones of different types. Have not tried  with iem, as that's not my thing.  If you have this combination give it a whirl with whatever and let people know what you mave have found.

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4,102 of 18,652
Hello

My dx50 is officially dead so I am sending it back for a refund. Great sounding DAP but ultimately too flawed so will not be getting a replacement.

I am considering the ak100 because I have experienced 24/192 tracks which are fantastic.

Every single post you've made implies that you have a bad battery. Which is an easy fix (and a common problem in electronics by ANY manufacturer). 

What firmware were you running? I have had 0 issues in 2 days of pretty constant use. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #4,103 of 18,652
I think my stock battery is defective. I switched the battery to one from my GS3 and now I am getting better battery life and the battery indictaor is working much better (well its actually working now). As for SQ differences, none that I can tell but for some reason I now listen about 2-3 notches lower now with my IEMs. YMMV of course.

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #4,104 of 18,652
Sad that ibasso didnt deliver 5th batch to mp4nation
So i got mail from mp4nation that i will have a 6th batch on 24 october and  mp4nation offerd a brainwavz r3 iem for free
tongue.gif

I hope to get soon
popcorn.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #4,105 of 18,652
Sometimes it's not about the latest and greatest but what your ears tell you when listening.  Love the combo of DX 50 ad C & C BH2 because it works. Open and rich with full size headphones of different types. Have not tried  with iem, as that's not my thing.  If you have this combination give it a whirl with whatever and let people know what you mave have found.

I understand but sound wise the dx50 is better.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #4,106 of 18,652
I understand but sound wise the dx50 is better.

Hmm, not necessarily, the DX50 is good but falls short in technical areas like seperation, air, and open soundstage width, those are areas the little amp will improve on, (especially the soundstage width). My Corlorfly C3 has superior instrument seperation and soundstage next to DX50 for example and that player is only $100. They're however only tiny pieces to a big puzzle which form overall presentation.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #4,108 of 18,652
The little iBasso D0 also sounds very nice when driven from the DX50 line-out. Punches way above its modest price.

Thanks for the recommendation. D-ZERO looks compact for going light use.

By the way, have you tried using this with Scherzo Audio Andante? That amp got me intrigued...

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #4,109 of 18,652
FYI... I emailed ibasso asking when the next firmware update will be availible. They also updated their website. For a long time v1.2 did not show as availible for download, it now shows up on their download page...

"Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We will release a new firmware on this Friday or next week.
All of the V1.2.0 are same. It is available on our site."

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #4,110 of 18,652
Thanks for the recommendation. D-ZERO looks compact for going light use.

By the way, have you tried using this with Scherzo Audio Andante? That amp got me intrigued...

The DX50 > Scherzo Andante combination is outstanding. IMO, this combination outperforms my DX100. Of course the Andante should be considered transportable rather than portable due to its size and weight. Size is about that of 3 stacked CD jewel boxes and is fairly heavy due to the internal SLA batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back