The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #4,051 of 18,652
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #4,053 of 18,652
Bad news. My dx50 has completely died. I charged it up at work and all seemed okay. On the way home from work I put it on and after a few seconds it died on me and would not respond. I have tried re-charging by a wall charger and computer and nothing. I have ordered a new battery with the hope that this solve
The problem. Emailed ibasso without a response at the moment. Has anybody else experienced this. There advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I assume that you did a reset by holding the power and volume up button simultaneously?   If not, you can try that.  You can also trying pulling the battery.   It is possible that your device is actually on but in a crashed state.  Recharging wouldn't make a difference if that is the case.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #4,054 of 18,652
Source : DX 50
Dac / Amp : D12 mod with HiFlight Kit
Amp : PB2 mod with Black Gate
Iem : Earsonic S EM6

Note : I use single ended for fair comparison

PB 2 is clear as the winner

PB2 has Better pronounce , more balance , and more refine
Better black background
D12 : not as fine like PB 2 , a bit harsh

My IMO

Can you elaborate about the sound stage and separation and imaging/depth between D12 vs PB2?

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #4,055 of 18,652
  Big news, I've found out if I look at my DX50 the wrong way the SQ worsens, but if I stroke it fondly the SQ goes through the roof! Turns out the DX50 is also affected by our minds! let alone batteries and chargers :p

Since it is halloween season in the US, i paid a witch to cast a spell to make my dx sound better.   Afterwards, i could swear the bass and soundstage was better.   It only cost me 10 bucks.  I call it the 666 mod.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #4,056 of 18,652
cleaner dc voltage.

Thank you jamato8 for your explanation with clean DC out put

Now come on Rudi; how can a charger possibly make a difference?

Hi Lin

Yes it is , you can charge your dx 50 use any kind of micro USB 5 Volt 1 MAh do you have.
During you plug in the charger , please hear the same song for every charger.
Like jamato8 already explained clean dc output between one to another charger is different
The battery is heart from our portable charger , it is very important for me

Note : I use seldom 2 MAh , it can charge the battery faster than 1 MAh , but 2.0 MAh can shorten your battery life faster than if you charge with 1 MAh .

My IMO

As long you have already wall charger from your Samsung S3 , this Samsung S3 wall charger is very good too.

Does the battery really increase the bass? I'm on the fence in getting a genuine S3 battery to try...

My opinion not only Bass region , for me all frequencies are more balance and more black background.

after changing the battery to anker s3 battery
the bass reaaly change a bit, bit more body and impact.
other area seems the same.

Please try it more time , you will hear more .

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #4,060 of 18,652
Hi

Yes I have. I just hope it is the battery because there appears to be no power at all. If not it will have be returned. Waiting for I basso to get back to me. This a very frustrating machine.

Will it work while on the usb?

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #4,061 of 18,652
The little C&C BH amp added from line out does DX50 proud.

I was thinking it would be a downgrade, but this little amp always surprises me months after purchase, why I just can't sell  even though I've listed and taken it down in the past, she just keeps coming back as one of those pieces of gear I rediscover. Offers better refinement and especially soundstage width. For $100 amp, the features and run time it really is to cool for school imo. I was surprised when firing it up this afternoon. The bass punch with LF feature is pretty gnarly if I don't say so myself.

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #4,062 of 18,652
Hi H2O, what iem you use that amp with? er4s? it is interesting. People should recommend more interesting pairings.

Thanks.

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #4,063 of 18,652
  Hi H2O, what iem you use that amp with? er4s? it is interesting. People should recommend more interesting pairings.

Thanks.

Not so good with ER4S (Tralucent T1 is better for that) My T-Peos H-200 sound great with BH amp.

If you have DX50 and H-200 by all means I can easily recommend adding the little amp. Mainly because H-200/BH have already made crazy synergy recommendations in the main C&C BH thread so feeding the amp a clean signal like DX50 offers you instant win/win. Another IEM that goes well with BH amp is TF10, very good synergy there.

I could not recommend BH amp for ER4S lovers though, they're much better off with T1, for example. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #4,065 of 18,652
  H20, you still have the TF10? 

No, I wish I did still, having owned x2 pairs in the past I just know TF10 would pair well with DX50, I have a sure gut feeling about it. Especially if you threw a silver or silver plated cable on TF10 lifting that tonality further towards cool and transparent. (for my tastes) I think they'd make a really good rig for the price. I might get another pair one day, just need to find a decent price, as I wouldn't pay over $140 for them and H-200 is clear upgrade imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back