The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 9, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #18,166 of 18,652
Tell me, when is best firmware for dx50? I think best of best qualitty music sound?
genre music: electronic - bass music

For electronic music probably DOCs firmware. The DX50's greatest weakness is the bass response IMO and some of his firmwares address that. I am currently dual booting the most current stock firmware with Rockbox. Rockbox is the best overall firmware (again, in my opinion).

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #18,170 of 18,652

Thanks dude but:

[COLOR=000000]

Not Found

[/COLOR]
The requested URL /showthread.phpt=139417&s=afca25725e1b1213f4fb68a6fa311bfe was not found on this server.

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=139417

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #18,172 of 18,652
I want to upgrade to 1.9.4 but the DX50 is boot loop in the update procedure. I have checked the FAQ and follow the below instruction but I cannot boot into the recovery menu. My DX50 is still boot loop in the update. Can anyone help? Thanks.

If the DX50 fails to boot up normally, perform a factory reset from the recovery menu (Click to hide)
Power off the DX50
Press the "Volume up" button just before pressing the "Power" button and then HOLD THEM SIMULTANEOUSLY
The DX50 will now boot into the recovery menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu up/down and select "Factory reset". Use the power button to confirm your choice.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #18,173 of 18,652
My DX50 loop and reboot as below:

-----------------------------------
Recovery system v1.0

Finding update package...
=== UPDATE RKIMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
!!! Make sure the battery isn't
low before updating !!!
Update boot.img
Check boot.img
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Bootloader...
Installation complete.
Rebooting...
-------------------------------

Can anyone help how to solve it? Thanks.

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #18,174 of 18,652
  I want to upgrade to 1.9.4 but the DX50 is boot loop in the update procedure. I have checked the FAQ and follow the below instruction but I cannot boot into the recovery menu. My DX50 is still boot loop in the update. Can anyone help? Thanks.

If the DX50 fails to boot up normally, perform a factory reset from the recovery menu (Click to hide)
Power off the DX50
Press the "Volume up" button just before pressing the "Power" button and then HOLD THEM SIMULTANEOUSLY
The DX50 will now boot into the recovery menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu up/down and select "Factory reset". Use the power button to confirm your choice.

If you are having problems with the FW update you can use the link on the first page of the DX80 thread for the Batch Tool. It requires a Windows based system. It does a clean install of the FW and the instructions are in the download.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #18,176 of 18,652
Paul, any update on whether the (very awkward 2-speed) scrolling will be improved at some point? Also, I think a while back, some changes to the interface (like a '13/14'-style track number indication, etc.) was in the works.. is that still happening?

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #18,177 of 18,652
  Paul, any update on whether the (very awkward 2-speed) scrolling will be improved at some point? Also, I think a while back, some changes to the interface (like a '13/14'-style track number indication, etc.) was in the works.. is that still happening?

Do you mean track 13 or 14? I am not sure what you mean by 2 speed scrolling.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 21, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #18,178 of 18,652

I THINK that he meant indciation on display of "current track" (13 in his example) out of "total tracks" (14 in his example), which is something I'd personally like to see too. 2-speed scrolling I'm uncertain about, too, as it's been a while since I used my DX50 (other DAPS, including DX90 and DX80, hogging my time, lol).

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #18,179 of 18,652

As user Geagle correctly guessed, I meant showing the track number of the currently playing track. As an example, track 13 on a 14-track album would show a small "13/14" on the screen. Sorry I hadn't clarified the example. A comment many months ago had hinted that the screen display was being reworked and that this might be included, so I was seeing if that was the case.

'2-speed scrolling' is just what I'm calling the DX50's bizarre scrolling ballistics, which only has two scroll speeds rather than a continuum*. When literally any other device scrolls through a list, it starts at the speed of the initial finger flick, gradually slowing and eventually stopping. The DX50, however, scrolls for a (seemingly) arbitrary amount of time at a fixed (fast) speed, then lurches to a slow speed, then stops. The slow speed/stop sequence is about a second at the most, so most of the scrolling is at a constant, non-decelerating maximum speed, which is very hard to read. Flicking slowly enough to trigger the slow speed is useless, because the slow speed never lasts more than a second. Try it. It's weird.

* I realize that from a programming perspective it's not a continuum, but all other touch-screen devices I've used--even very old, very underpowered ones--have enough speed steps (8? 12? 20?) to create the illusion of inertia, and give the user the ability to scroll at whatever speed they want based on how quickly they flick up or down in the list. 2 speed steps are not enough, and it makes me dread the normally-enjoyable process of browsing my album list for something nice to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back