The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #13,983 of 18,652
Yup that is what i see right now... so i have to click "reboot system now"? 
then, it will go back to the mango and RB... and i click the mango and TRY to system update via DX50 this will happen.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrcv12&s=8#.U7RNNPmSxqU

Jul 2, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #13,985 of 18,652
  Yup that is what i see right now... so i have to click "reboot system now"? 
then, it will go back to the mango and RB... and i click the mango and TRY to system update via DX50 this will happen.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hrcv12&s=8#.U7RNNPmSxqU

Well, after you get the screen, let it reboot.  After it does, put the 1.5.0 Update.img in your device where all the RB stuff is (I deleted the RB stuff at this point) and then reboot again.  NOW, when it asks you those 3 things, click on Update.  If it won't, put the update on a clean (empty) SD card and plug that in, reboot, and then choose it.  

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #13,988 of 18,652
Dear audiophiles, I wanna to introduce to you DX50 Sound Unlocked v1.1 firmware :)

DX50 that you might not have heard yet. Really :) Clear detailed sound.

Technical details:
This firmware fully based on original 1.5.0 (Thanks, iBasso guys!).
Changes:
- removed android lib/soundfx
- used different configs for MangoPlayer(lossy/lossless) to prevent degrading sound quality for lossless formats because of using FFMPEG/EQ
- used HIGH irr bandwidth for WM8740 (can be switched)

More info - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked
Direct download link - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.1.0.7z

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #13,989 of 18,652
Sorry to disrupt but what's the function of digital filters that I see in the settings after updating firmware to 1.5.0? I get two options:shape rolloff and slow rolloff. What exactly do they do? Can't seem to hear any difference...

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #13,990 of 18,652
You
Sorry to disrupt but what's the function of digital filters that I see in the settings after updating firmware to 1.5.0? I get two options:shape rolloff and slow rolloff. What exactly do they do? Can't seem to hear any difference...

You should try reading up on it by yourself... It's really hard to explain IMO. You could get a better understanding that way. I'd recommend searching the DX90 thread since there's quite a bit of discussion about this setting over there. Basically different digital filters affect pre-ringing, group delay and ultrasonic artifacts (above 20khz). At least that's what I understood after reading up on them. I don't hear a difference between the two options of the DX50 though.

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #13,991 of 18,652
  Dear audiophiles, I wanna to introduce to you DX50 Sound Unlocked v1.1 firmware :)

DX50 that you might not have heard yet. Really :) Clear detailed sound.

Technical details:
This firmware fully based on original 1.5.0 (Thanks, iBasso guys!).
Changes:
- removed android lib/soundfx
- used different configs for MangoPlayer(lossy/lossless) to prevent degrading sound quality for lossless formats because of using FFMPEG/EQ
- used HIGH irr bandwidth for WM8740 (can be switched)

More info - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked
Direct download link - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.1.0.7z

Has anyone tried this yet?

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #13,992 of 18,652
Has anyone tried this yet?

First boot

On first boot you should see "Formats" screen with two options:

All formats
FLAC/APE/DSD only (without mp3, EQ, gappless)
Firmware already has a clear detailed sound but when you choose only losless formats a soundstage would be a little bit better.

On the next boot your last choice would be used automatically.

"Formats" screen

You can activate the "Formats" screen again using "Hold" switch. Set the "Hold" switch to ON and reboot a player.

nope..im still runing mega sound explosion v2..looks like you need to select a file format when you turn on your DX50..ill pass..

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #13,993 of 18,652
got the DAC function working. F8 thing really helps, you just have to start mashing on it after the bios message (people with asus motherboards especially) to get to the menu and it is just very easy after that. I'm prepared to do just that on every startup, if that means I can have immediate access to my music library in a best sounding way possible.

also, every bit/sample rate works. I'm listening to 24/192 now... wonder why sme people got that 16/48 thingy... I don't know, maybe it is downsampling, but as long as it plays everything, I don't really care....

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #13,994 of 18,652
Are there any stock-based firmwares that will allow me to manually boost the bass a decent amount? The EQ on the stock firmware just doesn't do much/isn't boosting enough for me. I do have Rockbox installed and I love the bass boost on that, but Rockbox (while very good) has it's quirks, and I would like to maybe see if I can get what I am looking for with the stock firmware.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #13,995 of 18,652
  Are there any stock-based firmwares that will allow me to manually boost the bass a decent amount? The EQ on the stock firmware just doesn't do much/isn't boosting enough for me. I do have Rockbox installed and I love the bass boost on that, but Rockbox (while very good) has it's quirks, and I would like to maybe see if I can get what I am looking for with the stock firmware.

Seems like you should possibly invest in a different pair of headphones that provide extra bass out of the box.  The ones I do have too much bass for my likings so I use the EQ to decrease the bass.  I can also add bass on top of my already bass heavy headphones using the EQ, which definitely makes it overwhelming.  Not sure how much bass you are wanting to have, and how much bass your current headphones are providing you by default.  If the headphones already have a very low bass response, then I could see the EQ possibly not being able to boost it to satisfactory levels.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back