The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #13,861 of 18,652
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! as soon as I saw that golden DX50 intro screen I knew you led me right.  :)  Thank you for your patience, I greatly appreciate it.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #13,862 of 18,652
Edit- he beat me to it

I see stock_recovery.zip in your screen post 13885.  That is what you want.  Make sure you are4 unplugged from your computer.  Now, you need to reboot as you were told at the top of this page post 13846 by holding down the volume button, etc. and when it reboots, you follow what he said.  Choose the stock_recovery_zip.  Again, reboot.  It will do a bunch of stuff, let it.  Don't freak out while it's doing it.  It will take a while.  If it asks you to reboot again, do the hold the buttons down thing again.  After it finishes all of this, you should be back to the original recovery file.  NOW, make sure the device is turned on, plug it into the USB and then into the computer, pull ALL of that crap out that I see  in post 13885 and trash it (and empty the trash!).  THEN place the NEW STOCK FIRMWARE that you downloaded from iBasso (Firmware 1.5.0) here
http://www.ibasso.com/en/download/index.asp  
in the empty DX50 where you just pulled that crap out of and then eject the device from your computer and then unplug it from the computer.  What you just downloaded from my link has an info text in it, open it and it tells you step by step how to upgrade back to stock firmware.  Until you do this, your machine is just an empty husk and won't do anything.  Once it finishes updating (it will tell you by its actions) follow the rest of the directions to complete.  

He already has the stock recovery installed so he doesn't need to flash stock_recovery.zip again (just to prevent further confusion).

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #13,863 of 18,652
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! as soon as I saw that golden DX50 intro screen I knew you led me right.  :)  Thank you for your patience, I greatly appreciate it.  :bigsmile_face:

You're welcome :) Hopefully you learned a thing or two about installing/flashing custom FW's so you can play around with them to your liking in the future.

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #13,864 of 18,652
I won't ever install Rockbox again after the problems I had with it, I couldn't even find my music and then trying to get rid of it took over an hour. I really like the standard firmware anyway and 1.5.0 has a fantastic sound, I really need to get some good earphones to hear it as it should be.

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #13,865 of 18,652
I could not update to the new FW 1.5.0 from the standard 1.2.8.
I used the same process as for upgrading before.
The DX50 reboots and prints

Recovery system v1.0

Finding update package...
=== UPDATE RKIMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
!!! Make sure the battery isn't
low before updating !!!
Update boot.img
Check boot.img
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Bootloader...
Installation complete.
Rebooting...

After restart, the FW version is still 1.2.8.

Any advice?

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #13,866 of 18,652
  I won't ever install Rockbox again after the problems I had with it, I couldn't even find my music and then trying to get rid of it took over an hour. I really like the standard firmware anyway and 1.5.0 has a fantastic sound, I really need to get some good earphones to hear it as it should be.

This why i did not try it. :) I will buy the DX90 later.
I love the firmware 1.50 sound great!

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #13,867 of 18,652
DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION SECOND EDITION really hits the spot..kudos DOC2008..

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #13,869 of 18,652
DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION SECOND EDITION by DOC2008

This is excellent with the Westone 4r and has enough lower end impact and intensity to rank as my #1 FW for the dx50 thus far.

I thought I had already tried it and I have to say the stock 1.5 FW is excellent music wise but just lacked a little bit bass impact for my liking so just installed the above FW and it will stay for the time being.

etysmile.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #13,870 of 18,652
DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION SECOND EDITION really hits the spot..kudos DOC2008..

I have been really enjoying 1.5 factory firmware although knowing all too well what a difference Doc2008's first Mega Sound Explosion made in comparison to 1.2.8 I could not help myself to the MSEsecond edition any longer!

Doc2008...............you've gone and done it again!  I agree cub0ne and paleredfox it is extremely good!

Honestly, I am starting to think that all these comparisons between certain DAPS is becoming more and more irrelevant because so much rides on the installed firmware.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #13,871 of 18,652
Well , i was using rockbox, and today i removed and tried 1.5, sound explosion and mega sound explosion, i found the mega sound explosion suits me the best, but after all i feel slight changes between all but feature wise rockbox equalizer and playlist features (adding playlist through directories), are a game changer, tried rockbox over mega sound explosion but the screen hangs after startup so ireverted to 1.2.8 and installed rockbox over again and back to enjoying my rockboxed dx50.

Just to note also i tried installing the dac drivers with no luck, i disabled the driver signature and it gives me the red warning but still after installing it gives an error in the device manager that driver is not signed.

Also all my tests were through lineout to my pb2 amp.

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #13,872 of 18,652
Ok, thats a start.  It seems that file was already in the dx50 however, how do I "use" it?  Like a step by step process of what button, when and how etc....  

To boot into recovery hold down volume up before you press the power button. From there there are options to install .zip files from your SD card.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #13,873 of 18,652
I have tried again to upgrade to 1.5.0 by (1) downloading again the zip file, (2) first resetting to factory presets. 
Still stuck to 1.2.8.

I have then tried to downgrade first to 1.2.7 but I cannot either downgrade. The error is identical: "handle script error! ignore..."

Please... help...

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #13,874 of 18,652
I have tried again to upgrade to 1.5.0 by (1) downloading again the zip file, (2) first resetting to factory presets. 
Still stuck to 1.2.8.

I have then tried to downgrade first to 1.2.7 but I cannot either downgrade. The error is identical: "handle script error! ignore..."

Please... help...

Try doing a factory wipe from the recovery menu instead of the firmware's menu. I think it's more thorough. I think. And then try updating the FW again.

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #13,875 of 18,652
Found! Thank you very much, it was my fault.
I was trying to update with the img wrongly put on my SD card. As there was a previous FW on the DX50, it was constantly "upgrading" to 1.2.8 and not the new FW. The factory wipe deleted the old FW file and helped me identify this error.
Thank you hikari50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back