The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #13,726 of 18,652
I did a factory reset before and after the update, and removed the file from the device.

The stuttering only seems to occur after manually cueing to a point on the track using the scroll bar along the bottom of the screen (after cueing, it plays fine, but sometimes trips up a few seconds later).

Gapless is still working.

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #13,727 of 18,652
P.S. All of my files are on a Maxell 64GB 48MB/s card.

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #13,728 of 18,652
I did a factory reset before and after the update, and removed the file from the device.

The stuttering only seems to occur after manually cueing to a point on the track using the scroll bar along the bottom of the screen (after cueing, it plays fine, but sometimes trips up a few seconds later).

I experienced some stuttering too. For me it just stutters on its own; I leave the DX50 to play and the stuttering occurs (randomly or at certain points of a song, I'm not sure).

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #13,730 of 18,652

Thanks CJG888,

That would be it.  If I just let the album play, gapless works great from track to track.  I was scrolling on the progress bar to the last 30 seconds of the track to see if the gapless transition would work, but it would skip.

beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #13,731 of 18,652

Thanks CJG888,

That would be it.  If I just let the album play, gapless works great from track to track.  I was scrolling on the progress bar to the last 30 seconds of the track to see if the gapless transition would work, but it would skip.

beerchug.gif

I got it to do the same thing by scrolling towards the end of a track to see if it would do gapless to the next track (the impatient thing).  It would stutter after I did that sometimes in the last 30 seconds before the end of the track.  But if I let the track just play through from the start and then go to the next track, no stutter.  Like I said, I listened for 2 hours with no issues.  However, it will not do gapless if it's set for Shuffle.  At least mine won't.  That's with a folder full of properly tagged individual tracks  as a compilation that I want in random order.  If I play the same folder in Order, it's gapless.  

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #13,732 of 18,652
  I got it to do the same thing by scrolling towards the end of a track to see if it would do gapless to the next track (the impatient thing).  It would stutter after I did that sometimes in the last 30 seconds before the end of the track.  But if I let the track just play through from the start and then go to the next track, no stutter.  Like I said, I listened for 2 hours with no issues.  However, it will not do gapless if it's set for Shuffle.  At least mine won't.  That's with a folder full of properly tagged individual tracks  as a compilation that I want in random order.  If I play the same folder in Order, it's gapless.

Yes, I was doing the impatient thing as well..lol....Was the first thing I checked after the update.  Letting it play patiently throughout the tracks, gapless is working great!

On another note, using it as a dac with my xp machine was painless...lol

Tried it on Vista but really don't want to mess with the driver unsigning right now.

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #13,733 of 18,652
Is anyone else getting the surreal, half-speed playback with DSD files ?  My screen is showing the PCM conversion to 24/88, but the music is oozing out in a drunken smear - it`s hilarious.  The tracks are those free downloads from Native DSD . . .  

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #13,734 of 18,652
It won't play dsd128.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #13,735 of 18,652
What about Mac users and DAC functionality? We were spoiled so far in never having to use any drivers - the DX50 with 1.5.0 doesn't work on my MacBook - deeply saddened. Fiio managed to do that with the X3....

Any hope for Mac users?
Cheers,
K

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #13,737 of 18,652
I'm using 64-bit windows 7 so there's no need for the unsigned driver installation guide I would assume. How do you even uninstall them though?

Have you been able to get it to work?

When you left mouse click on the driver name there is an uninstal menu item.
That's what I used was under windows 8.1 though but I think it should be the same under 7
(I followed similar steps than @Ishera).

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #13,738 of 18,652
setting up the dac feature is not a pain if you're running on a 32bit os..it worked flawlessly with the other windows 7 laptop i have here..never tried installing the driver on my 64bit win7(no to headache lol)..ilove the changes but the the sound is dark..

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #13,739 of 18,652
^ Unfortunately, iBasso isn't sure yet if they will release a driver for MacOS

Many thanks for your response.

That's sad - and I also wonder why there is a need for a driver, sigh, you can't have it all I guess....

Cheers,
K

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #13,740 of 18,652
Have you been able to get it to work?

When you left mouse click on the driver name there is an uninstal menu item.
That's what I used was under windows 8.1 though but I think it should be the same under 7
(I followed similar steps than @Ishera).

There's no uninstall option for me, it's just telling me to accept the end user license and then it 'installs' the thing for me. Can't really figure out how this thing's supposed to work 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back