The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #13,681 of 18,652
Gave the 1.5 a quick listen...To me, its the best sounding to date. Separation and imaging seem better. Lows are about the same as 1.2.8 to me, but mids and highs seem a little better/brighter. Anyways, Im loving it so far.

Yes I agree, I really like the brighter mids&highs, the downside is I want more with the lows.

The Pa2v2 amp is just not enough for the dx50, it worked well with lesser standard DAPs like my j3 or even the ipad but turns music into muddy water to my ears.

Oh well, time to look for a new amp .......maybe

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #13,683 of 18,652
im not really fan of this 1.5.0 fw dark sound, i'll switch back to mega explosion..

sure bass is deeper and more detailed. but the whole sound lack of separation and detail imo.. i would much prefer bright sound

I'm not going to bother, 1.2.8 is where I'm staying, all this talk of the dark side doesn't exactly turn me on. We need to be heading towards the light. Towards the light iBasso!

Jun 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #13,687 of 18,652
im not really fan of this 1.5.0 fw dark sound, i'll switch back to mega explosion..

sure bass is deeper and more detailed. but the whole sound lack of separation and detail imo.. i would much prefer bright sound

I'm not going to bother, 1.2.8 is where I'm staying, all this talk of the dark side doesn't exactly turn me on. We need to be heading towards the light. Towards the light iBasso!

Definitely doesn't sound darker to me. If anything it may be slightly brighter, but it's pretty close to the same. The bass quality and texture has substantially improved. The fullness of the entire sound is much better. I've literally never heard vocals reproduced this well in my life. Vocals through the AD900X are pure bliss. The highs are about the same, but possibly slightly brighter like I said previously. What impresses me the most about the sound, besides the vocals, is the soundstage. The increase in depth is magnificent! Background stuff is clear as day and the width has been improved as well. Upgrade your firmware, you won't regret it.

Jun 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #13,689 of 18,652
kudos to the lows but whats with the dark sound?even the dac feature is dark wth..will go back to mega sound explosion..

Jun 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #13,691 of 18,652
Does seem to be more lower end (but then again, I'm useless at comparing two sound signatures, especially when I have to wait a couple of minutes to update firmware), more punch.

Haven't tried the Mango thingy yet. DX50 still doesn't seem to play the next folder after an album completes.
frown.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #13,692 of 18,652
been listening to this new FW for more than an hour now..feels like even the sound stage has been affected..freakin dark sound is killin me lol..

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #13,694 of 18,652
sorry mates but ill pass with this update..just flashed mega sound explosion again and shove my BH2 back..happy camper again..

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #13,695 of 18,652
This problem is new to this FW: I will get "lag" pauses/jerky playback in a song. Meaning on 3 different tracks (so far) it will stop playing for 1/10 of a second then continue to play, similar to when your computer is lagging and the music gets choppy. I've listened to these tracks many times before on previous FWs and its never happened. Anyone else?

Its only been on 3 songs out of 3 hours of listening. I know for sure the songs played fine in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back