The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #12,076 of 18,652
Sorry for this question...can the dx50 be used via pc as a dac/amp? Also, could I connect a bifrost to it and just use the amp function? 

thanks...

Pc dac functionality should come in a future fw version. There is no line in option so you can't use DX50 as a headphone amp

Anyone having issues with the touchscreen sensitivity? I find that if I touch the screen to scroll up or down through a directory listing I wind up selecting whatever I touch and I have to hit the back arrow to return to the directory list. Very annoying! This was with all versions of the firmware including 1.2.8. Response to the pause, forward and backward buttons also remains sluggish.

Yes this has been mentioned many times in this thread

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #12,077 of 18,652
  Port is almost done; see status at http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,48058.msg227283.html#msg227283;
you can try to compile your own from git or wait another week (I hope) for first packaged variant.
I can also share compiled binaries, but you will have to install them properly via adb.

This would be just awesome! I've been waiting for a RB port for the dx50 for a while. If anything, it would help remedy the terrible EQ the dx50 has.

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #12,078 of 18,652
Anyone having issues with the touchscreen sensitivity? I find that if I touch the screen to scroll up or down through a directory listing I wind up selecting whatever I touch and I have to hit the back arrow to return to the directory list. Very annoying! This was with all versions of the firmware including 1.2.8. Response to the pause, forward and backward buttons also remains sluggish.

Believe me. ...dx50 touchscreen in comparison to ak100 is pure bliss!!!

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #12,079 of 18,652
Yes work perfectly out of the box. Write abt 15mbps while my existing SanDisk 64gb write at 10mbps
Sing dollar 166. Amazon still cheaper but haven factor in forwarder charges

Where did you get yours bro? I dropped by at Challenger this afternoon and they still don't have the 128GB microSD.

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #12,080 of 18,652
  Port is almost done; see status at http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,48058.msg227283.html#msg227283;
you can try to compile your own from git or wait another week (I hope) for first packaged variant.
I can also share compiled binaries, but you will have to install them properly via adb.

Will it be dual boot RB and original FW?

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #12,088 of 18,652
  Are there plan to improve the signature of the dx50 with rockbox? I though that it was just a GUI change. 

There's a lot more to rockbox than GUI changes. It gives you some very advanced features such as crossfeed, customizable and working EQ(which doesnt work at present on the dx50) etc. You could change the signature yourself if you felt the need to..

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #12,090 of 18,652
Are there plan to improve the signature of the dx50 with rockbox? I though that it was just a GUI change.

Rockbox shouldn't make DX50 sound different except for replacing bugs in Mango that alter SQ with hopefully no bugs (for example, early Sansa Clip firmwares have a bug that severely rolls off bass which Rockbox "fixes" by not replicating the bug). That said, it offers a fully functional parametric EQ mechanism so you can tune things to your liking if you want to go that way. There are quite a few other features that Rockbox offers like crossfeed, ReplayGain, working playlists, and so forth. It's much more than just a GUI change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back